This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariofan50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mariofan50
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts

I don't know why but I find myself getting bored REALLY quickly with any FPS game (Except Doom, Quake, or any of those older games)

For example, today I played the Titanfall Beta, which is a pretty good game, but even though it definitely innovates and freshens up the FPS genre, I still got bored with it after two or three games, I don't know if it's because I used to play too much FPS, or what's causing it, but it sucks because I don't know why I get bored faster then other people when it comes to new FPS games like Titanfall.

I'm not saying Titanfall is a bad game, but do I just happen to be wired that I get bored quicker then most people? Or is it something else?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@mariofan50 said:

I don't know why but I find myself getting bored REALLY quickly with any FPS game (Except Doom, Quake, or any of those older games)

For example, today I played the Titanfall Beta, which is a pretty good game, but even though it definitely innovates and freshens up the FPS genre, I still got bored with it after two or three games, I don't know if it's because I used to play too much FPS, or what's causing it, but it sucks because I don't know why I get bored faster then other people when it comes to new FPS games like Titanfall.

I'm not saying Titanfall is a bad game, but do I just happen to be wired that I get bored quicker then most people? Or is it something else?

Been on Titanfall today for a few hours and I can safely say in my opinion that it is boring as sin and aside from a few new mechanics it is basicallly COD in a sci-fi skin with mechs and wall running added.....no thanks.

And i agree FPS games are getting boring ..why the hell can we not have a new NO One Lives Forever or something similar :(

mariofan50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mariofan50

@naz99 said:

@mariofan50 said:

Been on Titanfall today for a few hours and I can safely say in my opinion that it is boring as sin and aside from a few new mechanics it is basicallly COD in a sci-fi skin with mechs and wall running added.....no thanks.

And i agree FPS games are getting boring ..why the hell can we not have a new NO One Lives Forever or something similar :(

Well, I used to play alot of CoD... maybe that's it?

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@mariofan50:

Well I do tend to get burned out on them but if I take a break for a bit I usually enjoy them again when I go back.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@mariofan50 said:

@naz99 said:

@mariofan50 said:

I really think its more than that...as a PC gamer when i go though the games in the past few years that i have loved the most they all end up being small eastern european games early acess games and indie games....no AAA titles at all,i think the thing is for me and maybe you is that after playing do many AAA fps games you always get the "me too" feeling where each game basically ends up just like the next and the end result is all games feeling repetetive like you have done it all before and it is basically because you have, after 30 yers of gaming i am finally at a point where AAA games do not work for me anymore...sure there are a few everynow and then that hold my attention but those tend to be RPG's.

Maybe now is a good time to go out of your comfort zone and start trying the games you never usually would try...it worked great for me :P

mariofan50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mariofan50

@naz99 said:

@mariofan50 said:

@naz99 said:

@mariofan50 said:

I really think its more than that...as a PC gamer when i go though the games in the past few years that i have loved the most they all end up being small eastern european games early acess games and indie games....no AAA titles at all,i think the thing is for me and maybe you is that after playing do many AAA fps games you always get the "me too" feeling where each game basically ends up just like the next and the end result is all games feeling repetetive like you have done it all before and it is basically because you have, after 30 yers of gaming i am finally at a point where AAA games do not work for me anymore...sure there are a few everynow and then that hold my attention but those tend to be RPG's.

Maybe now is a good time to go out of your comfort zone and start trying the games you never usually would try...it worked great for me :P

That's funny because I just played Titanfall again and had a blast.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

I could say the same for most games, not just fps titles. As for MP I'm usually not good enough to have k/d better than 1, and I don't have time to practice. And SP campaigns are just vague compared to one decade ago, with some exeptions like Metro 2033 and Last Light.

Keep an eye on Renegade X, might turn out to be good. Also you can check out Blacklight: Retribution - I've been playing it for the past 2 years, it still has an active community and it's pretty solid, I always recommend it. Both those games are free to play :).

Avatar image for gogoplexiorayo2
Gogoplexiorayo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Gogoplexiorayo2
Member since 2013 • 189 Posts

yeah the fps genre is not as good as it used to be. when i started pc gaming back in 2003 there were a shit ton of great fps games. Now its okay. We have crysis 3, far cry 3 and bioshock infinite. I think all three are decent fps games, but they dont hold a candle to games like half life 2, F.E.A.R and S.T.A.L.K.E.R SOC.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

That's why Modern Warfare 2 was epic for me and I never got bored: upgrades, custom skins, custom perks for perfect build, new weapons when you progress.

Along with epic other multiplayer games such as UT2004 with lots of vehicles and fast paced.

CS 1.6 Surf maps is another great example of free style killing, made me spend months on it.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

For new games, Loadout is pretty good.

Military shooters are generally always boring. e.g cs go is a boring simulator

I played a bit of loadout like 6 hrs in, pretty good

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@mariofan50: There are plenty of entertaining FPS games available. I'd say if you're getting bored of them with only 2-3 matches played, you might be getting burned out.

Try another genre and then come back to FPS.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@mariofan50 said:

Not me. I've been having a blast with Far Cry 3 since it came out in 2012. It saved me a lot of money too. I love playing the game so much I bought only a few games for all of 2013 (Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, and Mass Effect Trilogy). Of those, I've finished only Crysis 3 because Far Cry 3 kept stealing their thunder.

Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

Try something different? Titanfall isn't really the epitome of PC FPS games...

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127492 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@mariofan50 said:

Not me. I've been having a blast with Far Cry 3 since it came out in 2012. It saved me a lot of money too. I love playing the game so much I bought only a few games for all of 2013 (Crysis 3, Metro Last Light, and Mass Effect Trilogy). Of those, I've finished only Crysis 3 because Far Cry 3 kept stealing their thunder.

Far Cry is a lot fun I agree with that. Some 60 hours into the game now. Actually now I want to finish the main story and move on to other games, but I will not deny it being fun. Bought it on sale and it has been well worth the money.

PIGONSTEROIDZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 PIGONSTEROIDZ
Member since 2014 • 96 Posts

Bio shock infinite is a nice break from the usual first person shooters and has a great story too. I get bored of games like COD very fast but I find it hard to get bored on battlefield as there is always so much going on, if you usually play by yourself try and get into a strong game community, I found one on BFBC2-BF3 started playing with them 4 years ago, don't anymore as they've moved to xbox one. But if you get everyone communicating and working as a team you'll never get bored

Fire_Wa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18  Edited By Fire_Wa11
Member since 2008 • 600 Posts

Borderlands 2 is crazy addictive co-op. I am thinking about it right now until I get to play it tonight.

Gotham City Impostors is an under-rated pvp gem with an active community and diverse build combinations. Every 5th or 6th loadout I experiment with seems to change the entire playstyle/game.

But yeah, RPGs and even some two-dimensional games are great as well. That's the good thing about games. Switch it up for a few months. If you are FPS'ed to death, pick up X-Com: Enemy Unknown or Mark of the Ninja and get a break. I really liked the story of Injustice: Gods Among Us, too.

I was going to take a break from gaming this year but they are so cheap and so fun. I'm like screw it. We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Recently unless a FPS games has some form of RPG elements in it I get bored quick.

I have tried playing the Titanfall beta and gave BF4 second assault map pack a go and honestly I average about a hour with each before I stopped playing.

I want Destiny, Borderlands 3 and Fallout 4 ... All other no longer interest me. Well maybe Theif.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

That is because the FPS genre hasn't changed for years now and has actually gone backwards in mechanics.. That is why games like DayZ, Rust etc etc are actually showing lasting popularity because they are something actually new and different within the genre.. I hope these games overtake the crap that is games like Bioshock Infinite.. A incredibly mediocre fps that story went from interesting the first half to a second half of quantum leaping which made the "plot twists" incredibly predictable and forgettable...

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#21 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 208 Posts

The market is just so over saturated with countless FPS releases which makes the gems hard to love, Cod is still a damn fine game despite the community critics and Titanfall is impressive but resembles a newer take on Cod.

FPS is one of my favourite genres but even i am getting tired of the genre.. but I just hope Titanfall grips my love again.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Like stated above the FPS market is just over saturated right now.... I still find fun games like Bioshock and I really enjoyed the Titanfall Beta. Also games like DayZ and Rust are really refreshing to me because it kind of slows everything down.

-Rhett81-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Rhett81-
Member since 2002 • 3569 Posts

I agree - FPS games are over saturated. With that being said, Borderlands 2 was incredibly addicting.

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#24 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I burned out on FPS games half a year ago. But lately Far Cry 3, BF4 & Metro Last Light are keeping me entertained for now.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Arthas045 said:

Like stated above the FPS market is just over saturated right now.... I still find fun games like Bioshock and I really enjoyed the Titanfall Beta. Also games like DayZ and Rust are really refreshing to me because it kind of slows everything down.

I'm really digging games like DayZ and Rust because there's a real sense of tension that's completely absent from any other types of FPS game.