FPS action gamers-screwed!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

desmith1231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 desmith1231
Member since 2002 • 512 Posts

When was the last time we had a good fps game? At least 3 months, right? So, after waiting all this time for GRAW2 to come out in early March, Ubisoft decides to extend it to a June release! What the F***! PC gamers are really getting the shaft!!

dlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dlobo
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
You can't wait 3 moths? Is not that bad
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Console isnt getting Stalker anytime soon if at all.

dlobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dlobo
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts
Or Crysis
1Lonehawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 1Lonehawk
Member since 2005 • 873 Posts
How are you getting the shaft just because you have to wait? Get some perspective. The reason they make you wait is because obviously the game isn't quite ready to be released yet for whatever reason. Would you rather have them release a buggy, unpolished game? Game companies usually delay the release because they need to "finish" some stuff. One should be thankful nowadays, with all the buggy releases we've seen, that there are still some companies trying to insure the game will work properly before releasing it. It sounds more to me like you "want" to get the shaft simply because you are impatient. Sorry man, but it's people like you that put pressure on developers and make them release "unfinished" games prematurely due to the "wah wah wah, I want it know!" cries from the target market.
Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Relys
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts
We're "scrued"? not really. There's plenty of smaller homebrew fps's. If you can only sitck to the main hype your not even a gamer.
Ein-7919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ein-7919
Member since 2003 • 3490 Posts
You wanna know who really gets shafted?  Us folks who love our flight sims (helicopter, jet, and piston engine) and our space sims.  If we're lucky, we get 1 every 3-5 years.  You should be grateful that developers still consider the FPS genre a viable market.
Captain-Seal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Captain-Seal
Member since 2004 • 505 Posts
Well, we get STALKER and maybe MoH at the end of the month so there's two right there.
Liliroots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Liliroots
Member since 2004 • 1411 Posts
You know what else sucks? Idk...
godofratz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 godofratz
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

When was the last time we had a good fps game? At least 3 months, right? So, after waiting all this time for GRAW2 to come out in early March, Ubisoft decides to extend it to a June release! What the F***! PC gamers are really getting the shaft!!

desmith1231
PC gamers own the FPS market. We have more than any other system. I don't get what you are complaining about. Getting screwed would be if this game was exclusive to consoles.
Rickylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Rickylee
Member since 2002 • 1342 Posts
Just wait. I'm looking forward to Bioshock and that is over 5 months out. But if it takes time to get it right then so be it.
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
There really hasn't been a single mainstream single person shooter (other than Prey) since COD2 and FEAR were released in late 2005. And then every shooter title gets pushed back again. Yeah, it is frustrating.
johnnyb47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 johnnyb47
Member since 2004 • 408 Posts
FPS people are the least screwed at the moment, considering the multitude of new games the genre currently has. Ein-7919 was right, if FPS people should feel screwed by a 3 month delay, then how should flight / space sim and adventure fans feel? Royally F****d would be an understatement.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts
Seems like any time someone is unhappy with the market someone says we are "getting screwed."
nytemarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nytemarex
Member since 2003 • 157 Posts

Game companies usually delay the release because they need to "finish" some stuff. 1Lonehawk

Oh trust me, most game developers don't anything but playing other videogames. I remember I work with (undisclosed because I don't want to get sued) and the developers play WoW while they were "TRYING" to develop the game. At the end, the game really wasn't that good.

dunamistheou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dunamistheou
Member since 2005 • 4744 Posts

Cranler
98% of PC gamers don't care for Stalker anymore, more than they care for like. . .Unreal Tournament 2003, it was just something that should have NEVER BEEN :P
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="Cranler"]

dunamistheou

98% of PC gamers don't care for Stalker anymore, more than they care for like. . .Unreal Tournament 2003, it was just something that should have NEVER BEEN :P

Then why is Stalker the 10th most popular board at gamefaqs? 

UT2003 was made for open minded people like me.