Farewell Steam Winter Sale!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by yodude1026 (184 posts) -
Ok well thx anyways ;) and yeh my friends have been going on about it for a while too... i also tried it at theirs but it was on an xbox and i couldnt get used to the control?
#252 Posted by EliteM0nk3y (3382 posts) -

thanks! :D and can i3 3220 and gtx 660 run it well? and if so how well?yodude1026

You will definitely be able to play it, at which settings, I'm assuming medium - high, depending if you have some of the more demanding settings on (PhysX being one of them).

#254 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

GreenManGaming has Sleeping Dogs: Limited Edition for $6.

Well...it's $17...but apply the 30%-off voucher (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) and select the 'bonus $6 credit' option, and it's yours for $6.

[QUOTE="yodude1026"]thanks! :D and can i3 3220 and gtx 660 run it well? and if so how well?Planeforger

No idea, sorry - haven't played it! I've -heard- many good things from my friends.

I want to jump but I have a question: are the DLC interesting or something that can be missed? I know the game is great but if the DLC is interesting I would wait for a complete edition for buy the game.
#255 Posted by yodude1026 (184 posts) -
thanks... anyways im about to find out myself! it was at 1mb/s so is at 96% complete now :)
#256 Posted by tanerb (977 posts) -

just got mortal kombat collection from gamersgate for 5 bucks.

x.com at 33% on steam but waiting for 50%. am i being cheap?

#257 Posted by Qixote (10806 posts) -

I picked up Hitman Absolution, Darksiders franchise pack (to get Darksiders II cheaper than the standalone costs), and Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands. All for $42, not too shabby. I debated on Hitman; I heard horror stories about how frustrating it is. But when it comes to stealth games; I am a glutton for punishment. . And the previous Hitman games were often frustrating also.

#258 Posted by yonyz (556 posts) -
I REQUIRE DISHONORED FOR 15 BUCKS! Bought GTA IV Complete so far (for Ballad of Gay Tony, cause the Episodes from Liberty City package costs more than the complete game).
#259 Posted by tanerb (977 posts) -

ballad of gay tony is great game but you need to be good with helicopters. i remember playing that chase scene for hours until i complete. difficult with keyboard/mouse

looks like gamersgate pulled bethesda pack off

#260 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -

tanerb
That would have been so nice considering I barely have any Bethesda games. Are they cancelling/retracting all purchases that were made?
#261 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xD
#262 Posted by zaxrider (123 posts) -

What are the chances of Mark of the Ninja going 75% OFF? Kind of curious whether I should wait for that one or buy whatever catches my eye (limited budget)...

#263 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="tanerb"]

flipin_jackass
That would have been so nice considering I barely have any Bethesda games. Are they cancelling/retracting all purchases that were made?

That's what I wanna know.. because it was like $30 for the entire collection, WITH Dishonored? If true, wow.. I have most of Bethesda games already but even I would have purchased that.
#264 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xDElann2008

Agreed. Back to playing more Far Cry 3 (which is amazing so far!)

#265 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -
Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xDElann2008
I can't go back to playing knowing the potential for pricing mistakes. I'm just going to refresh every DD store out there hoping for another one...:P
#266 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Get these!

XCOM Enemy Unknown $24.99

Dead Space 1 + 2 - $12

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition + Dragon Age 2 - $12

#267 Posted by x-2tha-z (8928 posts) -
I'm happy with what I've bought so far. I got Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition on Greenman and I managed to get the Bethesda bundle before gamersgate increased the price. Steam has been pretty weak. I haven't bought anything from Steam yet.
#268 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I'm happy with what I've bought so far. I got Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition on Greenman and I managed to get the Bethesda bundle before gamersgate increased the price. Steam has been pretty weak. I haven't bought anything from Steam yet.x-2tha-z
Did the Beth pack come with Dishonored? Cause I'm seeing an image of Dishonored on their page. And how much was it exactly?
#269 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

I can't go back to playing knowing the potential for pricing mistakes. I'm just going to refresh every DD store out there hoping for another one...:Pflipin_jackass
Click, refresh, revisit! lol

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xDCwagmire21

I've put so many hours on that game on hard difficulty, no hud, trying to play it stealth like a jungle-man. xD

#270 Posted by Cwagmire21 (5896 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xDflipin_jackass
I can't go back to playing knowing the potential for pricing mistakes. I'm just going to refresh every DD store out there hoping for another one...:P

What pricing mistakes have been made so far this sale?

#271 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Here's your last chance at Gamefly.com's End of Day sales:

Discounts on games like Mass Effect 3 $12, Max Payne 3 $15, and so forth! Check it out!

Gamefly.com has The Walking Dead $12. That's the cheapest it will get ANYWHERE. Go for it!

Sleeping Dogs $16. Looks outside. Is this for real? :P

#272 Posted by tanerb (977 posts) -

Get these!

Dead Space 1 + 2 - $12

Elann2008
will this work in US (steam)? shows me 14.99 when i add it to my basket and choose rest of the world as my delivery country. (there is no US to choose)
#274 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

Get these!

Dead Space 1 + 2 - $12

tanerb

will this work in US (steam)? shows me 14.99 when i add it to my basket and choose rest of the world as my delivery country. (there is no US to choose)

XCOM is the only steamworks game in this bunch. Dragon Age bundle, make sure you grab the windows version but it's Origin DRM. Dead Space 2 uses Origin as well. Dead Space 1 may not use Origin, but some other secuROM.

I clicked "rest of the world" and the price matches up for XCOM. EU keys work on Steam. I've activated a Sleeping Dogs EU key on Steam that I got from a friend from the AMD GPU promo deals. It worked. It's the Russian keys that should be avoided. I'm not sure how GetGamesGo handles this; do they give you a US steam key or EU steam key. Either one will work though.

Come to think of it, I've read that in some user experiences, the games that were steamworks wouldn't activate on Steam. XCOM is a Steam flash deal right now and it won't get any cheaper than $33. That's what makes GetGoGames' deal so tempting.

Most user reviews that have purchased from GetGamesGo.com have been great though. Highly endorsed by many. Must have been a one time thing with video games like Mafia II. Or perhaps, user error or troll.

They are a subsidiary of Eurogamer. They deal with publishers/developers directly.

#275 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I'm probably like the only that want this game.. but where's RE: Operation Raccoon City in all this? Dam it Capcom. Y u so stingy? :P I know it's not a great game, probably average but I just want to play co-op and kick some zombies. Would be nice to see it for $5.. I'm sure people would reconsider it just for co-op multiplayer.
#276 Posted by Klunt_Bumskrint (4749 posts) -

Here's a bargain if I ever saw one!

Price of individual games £8.23

Bundle Cost £11.49

You save........

#277 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
^ Lol. Nice find :lol: I think I've seen something like that last year.
#278 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

I'm really thinking about Dragon Age, is it worth it???

#279 Posted by The_Capitalist (10838 posts) -

AdamPA1006

If you are talking about Origins, the first game in the series, then yes. I've spent nearly 200 hours on it since 2009.

#280 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"][QUOTE="Elann2008"]Today's sales are disappointing. Friggin Saturday of all days.. :P haha. Back to playing video games in backlog. xDCwagmire21

What pricing mistakes have been made so far this sale?

I haven't seen any, but see above re: Bethesda Pack.
#281 Posted by flipin_jackass (9729 posts) -

Click, refresh, revisit! lol

[QUOTE="Cwagmire21"]

Elann2008

I've put so many hours on that game on hard difficulty, no hud, trying to play it stealth like a jungle-man. xD

lol, I don't even why I bother closing the windows. I agree with FC3! A few hours in, pretty good so far. I have yet to kill that damn leopard.

#282 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

AdamPA1006
Hell yeah. :D It's $12 and you get both DAO ultimate and DA2. You'll probably like one or the other a lot more. But that DAO ultimate is so worth it. For the record, I liked Dragon Age 2 as well, despite its flaws. So for someone like me, I would have loved this deal. I played DAO origins when it first came out and DA2 as well, but i never bothered with Awakening expansion because I moved on since then.
#283 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Do any of you guys have Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? Care to give a mini-review? I'm aware it has sh**** A.I. but is the co-op at least fun? Have they patched in some of its issues? *Continues to google anything I can..*
#284 Posted by x-2tha-z (8928 posts) -
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I'm happy with what I've bought so far. I got Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition on Greenman and I managed to get the Bethesda bundle before gamersgate increased the price. Steam has been pretty weak. I haven't bought anything from Steam yet.Elann2008
Did the Beth pack come with Dishonored? Cause I'm seeing an image of Dishonored on their page. And how much was it exactly?

It did come with Dishonored. I've just finished downloading it. I'll probably play it for a bit later tonight. The Bethesda pack cost me £18.77 or thereabouts. That's great considering Dishonored alone was £15.00 when it was on sale on Steam.
#285 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]I'm happy with what I've bought so far. I got Far Cry 3 Deluxe Edition on Greenman and I managed to get the Bethesda bundle before gamersgate increased the price. Steam has been pretty weak. I haven't bought anything from Steam yet.x-2tha-z

It did come with Dishonored. I've just finished downloading it. I'll probably play it for a bit later tonight. The Bethesda pack cost me £18.77 or thereabouts. That's great considering Dishonored alone was £15.00 when it was on sale on Steam.

>.< Wow nice! Grats! I refreshed GamersGate last night as much as I could and I didn't get in.. on that deal. I would have given away most of the games in that pack and just kept Dishonored. :P

What else was in it?

#286 Posted by tanerb (977 posts) -

x-com was 33% on steam and they put it in flash sales again with 33%, that does not make sense.

#287 Posted by Peanut04_basic (723 posts) -

x-com was 33% on steam and they put it in flash sales again with 33%, that does not make sense.

tanerb
I noticed that too. It's one of the games I wanted the most and was really hoping to see it hit 50%. I'm looking at the sale on getgamesgo.com, but am afraid without having the US option for the country, something could go wrong.
#288 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

tanerb
I believe it was $37.49 and now marked down to Flash Deal for $33.49. That's how I remembered it anyways. First, it was 25%, and now 33% as a Flash deal. I've seen Steam do this.
#289 Posted by x-2tha-z (8928 posts) -

[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"][QUOTE="Elann2008"] Did the Beth pack come with Dishonored? Cause I'm seeing an image of Dishonored on their page. And how much was it exactly?Elann2008

>.< Wow nice! Grats! I refreshed GamersGate last night as much as I could and I didn't get in.. on that deal. I would have given away most of the games in that pack and just kept Dishonored. :P

What else was in it?

Yeah, their site wasn't prepared for a deal like this. I'm surprised their servers didn't explode. It took me over three hours of constant trying to get it to go through. It was about 4am once the sale confirmation was sent. There was 11 games in the pack Brink complete pack Dishonored Doom 3 BFG edition Fallout 3: GOTY Edition Fallout New Vegas - Ultimate Edition Hunted the Demons Forge Rage Rogue Warrior Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind GOTY Edition Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Edition Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim All of the games are given to you as Steam keys and you download the games through Steam. It was a pretty awesome deal. I missed out on the Gamestop Far Cry 3 deal so I'm glad I got this Bethesda one.
#290 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
^ T_T yyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
#291 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (983 posts) -

Really waiting for a KOTOR 1 + 2 sale, i have them for the xbox, but the mods on the PC look interesting... Other than that there s really nothing I want.

#292 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -
Congrats to those that got the gamersgate bundle - truly an awesome deal. I tried for over an hour, but in that time I'd only managed to get 1 copy into my basket and then needed to sign up - just couldn't get pages to load and finally gave up in the early hours of the morning.
#293 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Congrats to those that got the gamersgate bundle - truly an awesome deal. I tried for over an hour, but in that time I'd only managed to get 1 copy into my basket and then needed to sign up - just couldn't get pages to load and finally gave up in the early hours of the morning.Avenger1324
Really? Wow.. I was trying before that and i still couldn't get in.. Sucks. :P
#294 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (983 posts) -

Here's your last chance at Gamefly.com's End of Day sales:

Discounts on games like Mass Effect 3 $12, Max Payne 3 $15, and so forth! Check it out!

Gamefly.com has The Walking Dead $12. That's the cheapest it will get ANYWHERE. Go for it!

Sleeping Dogs $16. Looks outside. Is this for real? :P

Elann2008
Thanks for the heads up! I've been waitig to get ME3 for awhile now and I forgot about it.
#295 Posted by pl4yer_f0und (983 posts) -

[QUOTE="tanerb"]

Elann2008

I believe it was $37.49 and now marked down to Flash Deal for $33.49. That's how I remembered it anyways. First, it was 25%, and now 33% as a Flash deal. I've seen Steam do this.

Its down $25 (50% off) on gamefly now, so this will probably be the best time to buy.

#296 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Pulled the trigger on Dragon Age Origins and the Witcher 2. Pretty excited.

#297 Posted by agrippi (1143 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="tanerb"]

pl4yer_f0und

Its down $25 (50% off) on gamefly now, so this will probably be the best time to buy.

Sweet. Thanks for pointing this out! Just bought this for under $23 on Gamefly and activated it in Steam. That was the game I've been waiting for and was disappointed to see the 33% discount on Steam.
#298 Posted by mitu123 (154668 posts) -

Pulled the trigger on Dragon Age Origins and the Witcher 2. Pretty excited.

AdamPA1006
Those games will last you a long time.
#299 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Just received an email response from GetGamesGo.com regarding XCOM Enemy Unknown ($25). There are no region restrictions with the steamworks key. That should answer everyone's concerns. :)

#300 Posted by C_Rule (9813 posts) -
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but Sleeping Dogs is $12 on GMG (need code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) with $4 cashback or $6 GMG credit.