Fallout and Fallout 2, worth buying/playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thecanty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 thecanty
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
 I've been looking for copies of the original Fallout and Fallout 2 for a long time now, but haven't been able to find any that are reasonably priced. My question, or questions, are are these games worth looking for now, even after all this time, and where can I find reasonably priced copies (no luck on ebay, half.com, or amazon) ?
misteros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 misteros
Member since 2005 • 1967 Posts
Yea they're pretty hard to find now days.  But if you do find them they'll probably be really cheap.
I'm not sure if I can suggest them though... they haven't aged to well, in my opinion.
d_agra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 d_agra
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts

amazon

Its really good!!If you like story and gameplay over graphics this for you!!It did get voted one of the greatest game of all time by gamespot for nothing

I recommend it!!

SR_Caveman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SR_Caveman
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
They are fantastic games. But as it is old, the graphics may be hard on the eyes as they are very outdated. So if you don't mind older graphics, you'll love this!!!!!
Lilac_Benjie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lilac_Benjie
Member since 2006 • 12287 Posts
Don't make up your mind until your at least 45 minutes into the game. Even back when they where released they had a slow start.
Impulse1195

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Impulse1195
Member since 2005 • 467 Posts
 I've been looking for copies of the original Fallout and Fallout 2 for a long time now, but haven't been able to find any that are reasonably priced. My question, or questions, are are these games worth looking for now, even after all this time, and where can I find reasonably priced copies (no luck on ebay, half.com, or amazon) ?thecanty
Absolutely, if there is ANY old game that is still worth playing, its the Fallout series. They're definately 2 of my favorite games of all time.
fireandcloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 fireandcloud
Member since 2005 • 5118 Posts

amazon

Its really good!!If you like story and gameplay over graphics this for you!!It did get voted one of the greatest game of all time by gamespot for nothing

I recommend it!!

d_agra
whatever happened to that list? i wish they'd continue updating it... stupid gamespot...
shakery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shakery
Member since 2004 • 952 Posts
Why is this even a question? Of course if you find either of the original series you should get it. They are considered classics for a good reason, but, as was previously mentioned, the graphics are pretty bad by today's standards. I would highly recommend you get them though. The game play and story telling is next to none, even with today's games. Definitely go get them!
Mediocre_man90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Mediocre_man90
Member since 2006 • 968 Posts
I've played both, and I didn't really like them. They're both really slow in the beginning, and it will take a while to get into (I was slower than II in my opinion). Also, They have really poor pacing. It's incredibly frustrating when you've been fighting scorpions and having no trouble, then you are suddenly attacked by bandits with shotguns and SMG's. If you're used to games autosaving for you, you'll be in trouble.
Tomcat58104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tomcat58104
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Graphics mean nothing. Story and music mean everything. The intro to fallout 1/2 are amazing
dzms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 dzms
Member since 2006 • 807 Posts
Both great games, loads to do, lots of fun and it can be pretty funny at times
NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Both should be in every PC gamer's library.
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
yes, definitely. You have to become accustomed to graphics and get through the slow start in the starting town(In regards to fallout 2) to actually see why most people who have played it think it's one of the greatest games of all time.
killergt1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killergt1
Member since 2003 • 55 Posts

I personally think Fallout 1/Fallout 2 are the best RPG's of all time. Their stories and character development can be equaled by no other.

If you get into it and give it some time, even the graphics look good when you fall in love with the rest of the game. It's an RPG that no rpg fan should miss out on.

And let's face it, these games have THE BEST and unmatched death animations/sequences. 

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
I think I found mine at Future Shop or Best Buy, double folder with Fallout and Fallout 2 in the old games section.  If you have a Best Buy you can try checking there.  They're definately worth tracking down.  I never got into Fallout 2 as much as 1 and as a result, didn't finish it.  In 2 I got so addicted to narcotics after jacking up between boxing matches that I couldn't really do anything.  Total junkie :)
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58538 Posts

I found both in a special jewel-case combo thingy for 5.99!  I dont know if they have a Fry's Electronics where you live, but thats where I got mine.

Games this old dont come in their original boxes.  They usual come in jewelcases with a label of the game on it and thats it, and are either in the bargain bin or bargain isle of large-scale electronics stores.  You really have to know what to look for if you want to find them.

Also, you might find it suprisingly at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, or other business stores.  But try Fry's or some other large-scale electronics store.

thanatose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 thanatose
Member since 2003 • 2465 Posts

All of the games in this series to date have been great. The storylines were well written and the voice acting was top notch. They are all worth playing at least once and if you realy like the games they are worth playing again and again.

SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 SaDiZTiKStyLeZ
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
I got the 1/2 pack for like $10 after enough searching. Just couldn't get into it though, although im gonna sit down n try it out again eventually.
Larr77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Larr77
Member since 2005 • 1251 Posts
Its a classic.  you should at least give it a try.  it shows what a lot of effort can do for an rpg.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58538 Posts

I got the 1/2 pack for like $10 after enough searching. Just couldn't get into it though, although im gonna sit down n try it out again eventually.SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

Ya, didnt like it my first time through either.  Stopped after a few hours.  Just recently, however, I loaded it up and its a lot of fun.

I guess the proper attitude to take when approaching Fallout 2 is to think of it like a book: its extremely interesting, but the pace is very slow.  If you enjoy reading and having the patience for a slow-paced game, then Fallout will be awesome for you.

vodun82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vodun82
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts
Just hearing Ron Pearlman reading the intro and outro narrations is worth it... You'll need a large amount of patience tho, quite a bit of text to read at times.