Fallout 3 PC vs 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkhatir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hkhatir
Member since 2009 • 590 Posts

Ok so i have a high end gateway gaming laptop and a 360 and i want to get fallout 3 beacuse ive heard nothing but good things about it.

Should I get it for my PC or for 360? I know graphically pc is superior so thats not the main issue.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
PC. It has mods and therefore is better. However, I highly recommend you go back and play Fallout and Fallout 2 at some point too. Not for plot reasons, 3 thankfully avoids pulling up old plot threads from the first two, and the ones it does bring up it ruins. But because they are quite simply better games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Id say PC, Mods are easy to install, and add ALOT of life into the game.

Otherwise it really doessnt matter... If you dislike mods then flip a coin ^^ (Must admit I love the 14 mm handgun, and the Barett m82 sniper )

The_Watchman_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Watchman_6
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Pc all out. First off its so much easier to control, what with the mouse and all. Also, at least for me, it has way faster loading screens. But above all its the large variety of mods that are available on the Nexus and others, which allow you to almost completely change the gameplay. I love the mods.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Why wouldn't you want to get the PC version? It looks better, loads faster, runs better, and has user created content for replay value.

zaroba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zaroba
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

pc will always win with with every game.

because a pc game can be modded, computers have a wider variety of controllers (including copies of console controllers), and can achive higher resolutions to allow more graphical details. of course i know some will come around talking about being able to sit on a couch to play a game when you have a console, but guess what? a pc can let you do that too. its not the stone age, theres wireless controllers for computers too. theres also ways to hook up a pc to a tv.

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

If your laptop can run it, then obviously get the PC version. Why? Because you will have access to the hundreds of community mods for the game, many of which go further than simple cosmetic changes, adding extra content including quests and new places. There are some nice graphics/texture mods out there as well, though.

The only reason I'm playing Fallout 3 on the X360 at the moment is because my gaming rig died months ago, and I still haven't saved enough to replace it (other commitments). Having said that, there is nothing wrong with the console version, because I'm having a great blast with it. Encountered some bugs and glitches (as with all Bethesda games), but nothing serious.

If my PC gaming rig hadn't died, I'd be playing Fallout 3 on it for sure.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58459 Posts

mods on the PC version

'nuff said

but, if that is not enough:

-better graphics
-better controls
-better performance (ive played both, I am still shocked when the 360 lags and stutters on games)
-and more

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts

I doubt your laptop can handle it so go with the 360 one.

thusaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thusaha
Member since 2007 • 14495 Posts
Obviously, the PC version is better.
djmillard2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djmillard2
Member since 2005 • 1372 Posts
@shakmaster13 not all laptops are crap. you can get good ones, they just cost a lot.
chinto20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 chinto20
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Fallout 3 is great on any system, but you can only get the true gaming experience on pc, is way WAY better with mods, not only graphical mods, gameplay mods, quest mods, any kind of mod you can imagine it's already there... so yeah try it on pc, but get it all patched up before playing, it's a bugfest without patches

Happy gaming mate

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

Agreed with the earlier mentions with the mods making Fallout 3(PC) the better game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Well its fun to play on a console with the gamepad and lie on a bed and explore.....and bethesda are :roll: incapable of making proper dual thumbstick control for the pc just like oblivion. However the pc hads high definiton graphics mods and so many mods that you could do anything. Honestly what you prefer, crappy weapons or cool looking weapons with mods?
555SSOO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#15 555SSOO
Member since 2008 • 1873 Posts

Great thing to ask in a PC thread.Ask in system wars.

ps-PC.

dont-read-this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dont-read-this
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts
PC, there are hundreds of mods already out.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Get the PC version, it's much more better than the 360 version.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
PC for mods. But if you get it on Xbox it's still going to be an awesome game. I've put over 150hours into my 360 version.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Personally, both are bad but on the PC the game, with mods, is tolerable even if just barely so. It's a terrible RPG an even worse Fallout game and a below average shooter. It truly is an Oblivion mod with guns and an insult to the Fallout franchise.

On a bright note, the story and the writing are so incredibly bad that the game is good for some unintentional laughs.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Well its fun to play on a console with the gamepad and lie on a bed and explore.....and bethesda are :roll: incapable of making proper dual thumbstick control for the pc just like oblivion. However the pc hads high definiton graphics mods and so many mods that you could do anything. Honestly what you prefer, crappy weapons or cool looking weapons with mods?dakan45

Why would you like to play both games with a pad lying in a bed when you can play both games with a mouse and keyboard lying in a bed with even faster response? More on, why someone wants to play videogames into the bed if He is healthy enough to play from a sofa, armchair o a chair?

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

pc my reason: AA & AF, and mouse is ftw.. nuff said!

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

PC has nude mods... What else matters? (I know I am a perv, but so are the rest of you so shut it.)

aura_enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aura_enchanted
Member since 2006 • 7942 Posts

PC has nude mods... What else matters? (I know I am a perv, but so are the rest of you so shut it.)

Buttons1990

wow thats just.. wow way to generalize buddy

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well its fun to play on a console with the gamepad and lie on a bed and explore.....and bethesda are :roll: incapable of making proper dual thumbstick control for the pc just like oblivion. However the pc hads high definiton graphics mods and so many mods that you could do anything. Honestly what you prefer, crappy weapons or cool looking weapons with mods?Ondoval

Why would you like to play both games with a pad lying in a bed when you can play both games with a mouse and keyboard lying in a bed with even faster response? More on, why someone wants to play videogames into the bed if He is healthy enough to play from a sofa, armchair o a chair?

i find it more comfortable, how do i play from the bed or a sofa with my standard keyboard and moue?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
PC
Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts
[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well its fun to play on a console with the gamepad and lie on a bed and explore.....and bethesda are :roll: incapable of making proper dual thumbstick control for the pc just like oblivion. However the pc hads high definiton graphics mods and so many mods that you could do anything. Honestly what you prefer, crappy weapons or cool looking weapons with mods?dakan45

i find it more comfortable, how do i play from the bed or a sofa with my standard keyboard and moue?

I don't think a KB/m would be that bad from a sofa, better than using a controller... Would just need some sort of platform for both, and unless your PC is right next you would also need wireless.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Ondoval"]

Captain__Tripps

I don't think a KB/m would be that bad from a sofa, better than using a controller... Would just need some sort of platform for both, and unless your PC is right next you would also need wireless.

My problem is the mouse, its not possible to use it from the bed, it gotta be on a mousepad or something to control it right...

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ondoval

[QUOTE="Ondoval"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Well its fun to play on a console with the gamepad and lie on a bed and explore.....and bethesda are :roll: incapable of making proper dual thumbstick control for the pc just like oblivion. However the pc hads high definiton graphics mods and so many mods that you could do anything. Honestly what you prefer, crappy weapons or cool looking weapons with mods?dakan45

My current living room:

I'll make some changes in the next months, changing the Logitech Wave 5 for a a DiNovo Edge and the MX Tev for a Lazr Mamba -making the system totally wireless as in my desktop-. The MX Rev is wireless but not the best mouse for gaming, In my desktop I'm using a Logitech DiNovo 2.0 keyboard + MX 900, both bluetooth.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dakan45
Ehh dont i need to lean forward to play?
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ondoval

Ehh dont i need to lean forward to play? dakan45

You don't feel the temptation to pay someone to play instead of you :p ? Is even more comfortable and lazy ^^

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Ondoval"]

Ondoval

My current living room:

I'll make some changes in the next months, changing the Logitech Wave 5 for a a DiNovo Edge and the MX Tev for a Lazr Mamba -making the system totally wireless as in my desktop-. The MX Rev is wireless but not the best mouse for gaming, In my desktop I'm using a Logitech DiNovo 2.0 keyboard + MX 900, both bluetooth.

To each his own I suppose. It looks great for casual playing, but for extensive gaming I like to rest my wrist on the desk with my armchair resting back a bit. Not only that, but being closer to the keyboard allows my left arm to have more arm length so in result be insanely responsive with as many keys(keybindings included) as possible.

IMaBIOHAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 IMaBIOHAZARD
Member since 2008 • 1464 Posts
PC version gets mods, better graphics I guess. It was a console developed game, and I've played both versions...I've always preferred M/Kb so I bought it for PC, but there aren't too many differences actually.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]Ehh dont i need to lean forward to play? Ondoval

You don't feel the temptation to pay someone to play instead of you :p ? Is even more comfortable and lazy ^^

Nah, i would be more comfortable with a gamepad and a nice sofa, a sofa that my back is happily touching the sofa , yours doesnt seem to support that purpuse.
gabrielkipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gabrielkipp
Member since 2009 • 286 Posts

way better on PC, you cant get mods or trainers for the xbox360 PLUS its just BETTER on PC!

wael3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wael3000
Member since 2003 • 133 Posts

i believe pc version is better

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ondoval

To each his own I suppose. It looks great for casual playing, but for extensive gaming I like to rest my wrist on the desk with my armchair resting back a bit. Not only that, but being closer to the keyboard allows my left arm to have more arm length so in result be insanely responsive with as many keys(keybindings included) as possible.

OoSuperMarioO

Classic table with chair and monitor + PC and a Z-5500 5.1 speaker system is still my main way to play videogames, but I bought the stuff in the living room to being able to play UT III in PS3 with k+m (I have also the PC version of the game). Sadly no other fps in PS3 or 360 supports k+m; playing shooters with pad makes me feel like running under water. This is the reason because I'm building a second rig to play PC games in the plasma display.

longello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 longello
Member since 2009 • 155 Posts

PC version for mods and better graphics, but definitely 360 version for stability.

PC one prone to weird and sometimes severe crashes.

I-WoKeN-I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 I-WoKeN-I
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts

Everyone knows PC is better, only ones who don't know are those who don't play on PC, but have them play on it and they'll be sure to agree that PC is better.

Jermone123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jermone123
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts

I first played fallout 3 on the 360... I really did not care for it because I DO NOT like playing first person shooters with a game pad. Just built a new rig and Fallout 3 is the first game I am playing and wow what a difference. The mouse and keyboard are so much better. Plus the game look freakin awesome. I am playing on a 2560x1600 monitor everything maxed with a 5870 and the game looks so much better than the 360 version. The graphics are awesome.

spy2828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 spy2828
Member since 2008 • 656 Posts

THE PC VERSION IS TEN TIMES BETTER THAN X360 ONE

gabrielkipp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gabrielkipp
Member since 2009 • 286 Posts

Dont ever bother asking if a game is better or not on PC, graphics is better, gameplay is better, dlc's are better. listen i could upgrade my pc to have the equivelient performance of a xbox720 or ps4! PC ALWAYS WINS. FULL STOP

gamer_96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#43 gamer_96
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Fallout has VATS as you know FPS games are hard to play on console but when you get experience you can be the best:)

sammysalsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 sammysalsa
Member since 2004 • 1832 Posts

PC. It has mods and therefore is better. However, I highly recommend you go back and play Fallout and Fallout 2 at some point too. Not for plot reasons, 3 thankfully avoids pulling up old plot threads from the first two, and the ones it does bring up it ruins. But because they are quite simply better games.kieranb2000

This - Fallout1 and 2 are fantastic, they're a whole level above fallout 3 - They may be slow starting but once you pick up momentum they are impossible to put down. Whilst fallout3 breathes some fresh air with shiny 3d graphics and has some wicked gore it doesn't come close in any other areas.

wazaqa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wazaqa
Member since 2009 • 212 Posts

PC. I played it on 360 and it's just bad compared to PC

Cataclism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cataclism
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Ehh dont i need to lean forward to play? dakan45

It looks like the top of his table is capable of coming up and forward. If this is true, it could easily rest right over his legs which would alow him to play quite comfortably. A setup like that, would be incredibly awesom IMO.