F1 2015 - New Engine

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Hey guys,

Hopefully someone can answer this:

F1 2015 from Codemasters will have a brand new engine (confirmed for the new generation of consoles).

Does anyone know if PC will get the new engine as well?

Thanks

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Why on Earth would it not? I can't even see how you could even come to the conclusion to question whether or not it would...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Yup we get the new engine, but I doubt that it will look better than the consoles.

The engine supposedly improves the physics/handling of the cars, and being codemasters, its highly optimized. F1 2014 runs at DSR 4k for me with a 970 and 3570k 4.8Ghz at a minimum of 75fps.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FelipeInside

@nyadc said:

Why on Earth would it not? I can't even see how you could even come to the conclusion to question whether or not it would...

Look up FIFA history on PC.

Consoles got the new engine, PC had to wait 3 years for it.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:

Yup we get the new engine, but I doubt that it will look better than the consoles.

The engine supposedly improves the physics/handling of the cars, and being codemasters, its highly optimized. F1 2014 runs at DSR 4k for me with a 970 and 3570k 4.8Ghz at a minimum of 75fps.

It should look better on PC (fingers crossed)

I have F1 2011 and F1 2014, the graphics are nice but you can tell the engine is dated.

I've been looking at screenshots and the release video of F1 2015 and it looks heaps better, can't wait really.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

I have F1 2011 and F1 2014, the graphics are nice but you can tell the engine is dated.

I've been looking at screenshots and the release video of F1 2015 and it looks heaps better, can't wait really.

It should...but who knows. I also dont know why they delayed it, CM are good with their timeframes and releases, not sure if it has anything to do with DX12 or W10 possibly releasing, there isnt any racing game in June anyway, and PCars will be 2 months old by then.

As a racing nut, I have them all lol, so yeah I know that the graphics are dated.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@GTR12 said:
@FelipeInside said:
@GTR12 said:

It should...but who knows. I also dont know why they delayed it, CM are good with their timeframes and releases, not sure if it has anything to do with DX12 or W10 possibly releasing, there isnt any racing game in June anyway, and PCars will be 2 months old by then.

As a racing nut, I have them all lol, so yeah I know that the graphics are dated.

They say they delayed it to optimize the new engine, which is always a good sign.

I'm not a racing nut but I like racing games. I've finished all the Need for Speed ones (yes, I know they are arcade but still fun), and also tried Project Cars at a friends but it's not my thing since it doesn't have races I'm really interested in. Although I own a Mitsubishi Lancer so driving the evo was cool.

I've always wanted a steering wheel/pedal thing for racing games, but it's just uncomfortable for me since I only have one gaming PC, so every time I would want to use it I would have to set it up, then dismantle it etc.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

It had better be using the new engine. I dont want to have to go and buy an Xbone just for that...

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12

@FelipeInside said:

They say they delayed it to optimize the new engine, which is always a good sign.

I'm not a racing nut but I like racing games. I've finished all the Need for Speed ones (yes, I know they are arcade but still fun), and also tried Project Cars at a friends but it's not my thing since it doesn't have races I'm really interested in. Although I own a Mitsubishi Lancer so driving the evo was cool.

I've always wanted a steering wheel/pedal thing for racing games, but it's just uncomfortable for me since I only have one gaming PC, so every time I would want to use it I would have to set it up, then dismantle it etc.

Delayed to optimize an engine sounds kind of vague, these companies create an engine so it is adaptable and lasts 3-4 yrs for different games, someetimes longer if the engine is top notch (Unreal, Cryengine, Source etc).

I'll play any racing game at least once, the only one which I really hated was NFS: The Run, I hate QTE's and in a racing game for a cheesy story, nope not touching it.

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

@GTR12 said:

When has this not been the case? I don't know a single game released in the past 4 years that didn't look better on PC, even if the differences are only minimal in some rare cases.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside

@Ben-Buja said:
@GTR12 said:

When has this not been the case? I don't know a single game released in the past 4 years that didn't look better on PC, even if the differences are only minimal in some rare cases.

It very rarely happens but there have been cases, for example Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Isn't Dirt Rally using the same engine?