Even thouygh I install vista 6800xt DRIVERS, nothing happens PLEASE HELP I NEED

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sahilpatelbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 sahilpatelbc
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts
Ok so I have the geforce 6800xt with Vista. I have been having problems with this card like once a month. While playing a game the screen starts to crack and then goes to blue screensa ying infinte loop/ So I usually just unistall driver and reinstall. So i tried to do it today.,I unistall then I install the Vista beta driver like always and the card wont install. It goes through installation but when i restart nothing changes. please just give me step by step instructions. Links are helpful. I am not tht great with computer so please be thurogh.
Mar044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 Mar044
Member since 2006 • 1357 Posts
Hey first off don't use bump on threads because they will moderate your thread, anyway now to your topic. first for most, take out your card from your system check for dirt in the slot and the pins and then put it back in, also when you remove drivers for the card, make sure you also check to make sure that the folder is gone also, because when you uninstall it leaves a file behind most of the time, after the reinstall check to see if you the card is working, for now im still have xp, but check the hardware device and look for a ! if it shows up its the card, other then that I can't think of anything else sorry man.
JigglyWiggly2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 JigglyWiggly2
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts
This could be many problems, I would reccomend uninstalling your graphics card with driver cleaner. Once that happens install the new one, if that does not work... it could be a vista issue since nvidia has poor drivers does this work with xp? As mentioned above try cleaning it, but it sounds like a driver error to overheating to a possibly damaged card.
re-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 re-raid
Member since 2005 • 1712 Posts
This could be many problems, I would reccomend uninstalling your graphics card with driver cleaner. Once that happens install the new one, if that does not work... it could be a vista issue since nvidia has poor drivers does this work with xp? As mentioned above try cleaning it, but it sounds like a driver error to overheating to a possibly damaged card.JigglyWiggly2
Ive got an nvidia card and vista, I have never had any problems w/ the drivers being incompatible or anything. did you buy the system and if so did the card come w/ it? if you bought a system and the card came along, your builder should have a page where u can get system specific drivers, if this is the case check there first.