This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#1 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts

[spoiler] [/spoiler]

I mean, what the hell? Does this make any sense to anyone here?

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
rofl... i don't understand this.
ndawgdrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ndawgdrake
Member since 2009 • 533 Posts
EA: Artificially lowering supply = Artificially raising demand lolz.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts
Nothing impressive coming from EA. Bad QA mixed with a I don't care about customer attitude and exaggerated legal warnings to save their *ss from their mistakes.
iskeethunters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 iskeethunters
Member since 2011 • 925 Posts
Wait... LIMITED QUANTITY? Can't they use digital download? That's pretty unlimited if you ask me....
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
If you pre-order you get early access. They can't give early access to everyone, so the number of pre-orders is limited. At least that's how I get it. It's still stupid.
Avatar image for deactivated-597bb01c846a2
deactivated-597bb01c846a2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#7 deactivated-597bb01c846a2
Member since 2011 • 1495 Posts
Wait... LIMITED QUANTITY? Can't they use digital download? That's pretty unlimited if you ask me....iskeethunters
They're putting a limit on the digital downloads, apparently.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 masterdrat
[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Wait... LIMITED QUANTITY? Can't they use digital download? That's pretty unlimited if you ask me....Diophage

The messages are conflicting with each others, like the payment which will be processed in 48 hours and when the game is released, I'm sure this screen is generic and is not related to a limitation of some sort. It just didn't show the correct message for the situation. It probly means they are overwhelmed by pre-orders and can't processed them atm, which doesn't affect the availability of the game.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]If you pre-order you get early access. They can't give early access to everyone, so the number of pre-orders is limited. At least that's how I get it. It's still stupid.

I think that actually sounds pretty reasonable. With that said I have no interest in this game.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
LOL I always have liked Activision more than EA because EA tries to act nice while Activision just acts how they are.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
That is pretty silly lol idk why they are limiting pre-orders.
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="iskeethunters"]Wait... LIMITED QUANTITY? Can't they use digital download? That's pretty unlimited if you ask me....Diophage

Not just downloads even boxed copies etc, they want a smooth launch so they think the best way to get one is to exclude half the damn world and made it impossible for people in certain countries to pre-order. They've gone fullretard.

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 masterdrat
That is pretty silly lol idk why they are limiting pre-orders. gunmaster55555
pre-paid closed beta?
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 theafiguy
Member since 2006 • 962 Posts
I am slowly but surely heading down the path of not buying this game.
Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mischievity
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

LOL I always have liked Activision more than EA because EA tries to act nice while Activision just acts how they are.JigglyWiggly_

So you like the people who blatantly rob people of their money just because they make it obvious more than the people who try to improve?

Interesting...

By the way, it's been a long time since I've seen a post from you that made sense, or added something to the topic. Just thought you should know.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

EA seems to be doing everything they can to limit the fanbase of their games with the most potential :|, they always have been arrogant though so its not really a surprise.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]LOL I always have liked Activision more than EA because EA tries to act nice while Activision just acts how they are.Mischievity

So you like the people who blatantly rob people of their money just because they make it obvious more than the people who try to improve?

Interesting...

By the way, it's been a long time since I've seen a post from you that made sense, or added something to the topic. Just thought you should know.

Actually think his post makes perfect sense. EA doesn't really try to improve, that's just what they tell you so they can rob you. And as I can see, it worked on you but me and Jiggly saw right through them ;)
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Still waiting for Bethesda to generate more Prey keys for Steam. I mean, it's digital so it's unlimited roight?

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5468 Posts

Digital downloads are starting to grate on me in general charging 30 Quid for a game without a Box or Manual is excessive.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

EA: Artificially lowering supply = Artificially raising demand lolz.ndawgdrake

i think is a marketing strategy so everyone says omg its sold out its gonna be huge, but i still think the game is gonna flop.

theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 theafiguy

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]LOL I always have liked Activision more than EA because EA tries to act nice while Activision just acts how they are.Mischievity

Interesting...

Since when has EA tried to improve as a company? It's been a long time since they did anything for the customer.

Mischievity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mischievity
Member since 2011 • 366 Posts

[QUOTE="Mischievity"]

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]LOL I always have liked Activision more than EA because EA tries to act nice while Activision just acts how they are.theafiguy

Interesting...

Since when has EA tried to improve as a company? It's been a long time since they did anything for the customer.

They're pushing out some of the best games out on PC. I think that's quite a lot for the customer.

What was the last good game Activision published?

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nerkcon
They're pushing out some of the best games out on PC. I think that's quite a lot for the customer. What was the last good game Activision published?Mischievity
Good point, i can't recall. Then again, you say Activision 'robs' people but when was the last time activision has lied about their products or put a gun to peoples heads and forced them to buy their games? :| Believe it or not guys people buy Call of Duty every year because they LIKE IT! Its really immature to literally hate a company and/or a group of people over entertainment. Game companies don't live to serve you.
masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 masterdrat

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]

[QUOTE="Mischievity"]

Interesting...

Mischievity

They're pushing out some of the best games out on PC. I think that's quite a lot for the customer.

EA milks every franchise they own without a care about improvement or quality.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts
[QUOTE="Mischievity"]

[QUOTE="theafiguy"]

masterdrat

EA milks every franchise they own without a care about improvement or quality.

And activsion doesn't? Hello COD clone every year lol.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Well, you could just buy the hard copy. That's what I'm doing.
MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]If you pre-order you get early access. They can't give early access to everyone, so the number of pre-orders is limited. At least that's how I get it. It's still stupid.

Eh? Why can't they give early access to everyone that's willing to pre-order? It's not like a beta where you need a controlled environment, it's the launch product opened up a few days before the "official" release.

Still waiting for Bethesda to generate more Prey keys for Steam. I mean, it's digital so it's unlimited roight?

Because a 5 year old game is the exact same situation as a pre-order, roight! Ones totally off a developers roadmap and the other is a top of their priorities.
theafiguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 theafiguy

Mischievity

Goldeneye. I'm not a huge fan of Activision either, so don't get me wrong. However, you can't go and say that EA is a good company because they are pushing good games, BFBC2 is a wonderful game, but it took them 6 months post-release to get things right and people are still having issues. Now I don't think that the Call of Duty series is a good series in terms of improvement or quality control, but I really do like the series and I've bought into it every time. I haven't necessarily been disappointed with any of my purchases other than Black Ops.

EA, however, goes under the guise that they are for the customer and that they care, but time and time and time again they prove themselves to be just as bad as Activision is. They are both just as terrible, the only thing is, EA has a better FPS franchise, that's it.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
It's an MMO. They don't want their servers to explode.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

They said from the start that they were only releasing 500k for the FIRST Batch so I don't see the issue here....

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

With EA's servers how is this a bad thing?

godonholiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 godonholiday
Member since 2009 • 379 Posts

Any limit, suggests doubts about the game to me. If they keep saying it will be ready when it is ready, and we want to release it when we know it is a quality product, then why would you not let everyone at it?

My guess is that there is an internal argument going on as to when to release is and this is a comprimise of sorts.

I want this game to be amazing, not just good. From this stratagy I dont think this game is going to have the same impact as a game like Battlefield 3. If they release any time newar that release, this game will die.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts

They said from the start that they were only releasing 500k for the FIRST Batch so I don't see the issue here....

FelipeInside
It's not like this access to a beta, it's for the full release of the game with early starting which damn near every MMO has done. Restricting pre-order for the standard edition is, weird.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

MadCat46
It's not like this access to a beta, it's for the full release of the game with early starting which damn near every MMO has done. Restricting pre-order for the standard edition is, weird.

Yes it is weird. I think I read somewhere they are releasing in BATCHES... that's why it's a limited number now. I'm sure a few weeks/months down the track they will open another pre-order for another 500k or whatever. People are over-reacting.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
deactivated-5e376fa88bd45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e376fa88bd45
Member since 2004 • 4403 Posts

They really need to find another guy to write these forms.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

theyre limiting the number of preorders because, unlike most MMOs newly released, they actually want to control the server population to provide the best experience.

Ideal amount of servers, with the ideal amount of people playing on them. Pretty simple and, dare I say, noble concept...even for EA :P

The alternative would be a lot of empty servers, or a few overfilled servers.

HavocEbonlore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HavocEbonlore
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

The face you put over the EA logo cracked me up irl, rofl.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

theyre limiting the number of preorders because, unlike most MMOs newly released, they actually want to control the server population to provide the best experience.

Ideal amount of servers, with the ideal amount of people playing on them. Pretty simple and, dare I say, noble concept...even for EA :P

mrbojangles25

THIS....

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

FelipeInside

THIS....

Yeah, that's actually pretty smart. My idea for a MMO to avoid that is to have an open beta, and I mean a REAL open beta, everyone can download the game for free and make an account to join. It would go on for about 3 months to test server stress and population control and also for people to try it out to if they like the game. Of course a lot of MMO sales are from lunch from people that (1) just want to try it out and quit after the free month and (2) just like MMO lunches because they like to be in overpopulated online worlds. But I would want to do it anyway, because I thought it would be fun and decent publcicty as well.. And reasons like are probably why I'm never going to work in this industry. :P
supertrooper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 supertrooper23
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
lol this game is gonna flop.. it will be free to play in about a year maybe a year and a half with an in game shop... guild wars 2 is where its at not this wow rehash pos...
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Still waiting for Bethesda to generate more Prey keys for Steam. I mean, it's digital so it's unlimited roight?MadCat46

Because a 5 year old game is the exact same situation as a pre-order, roight! Ones totally off a developers roadmap and the other is a top of their priorities.

Well yeah, I think it should be a top priority when the sequel's coming out next year, other digital stores sell it and the retail copies can be activated on Steam. It's like they don't care about free money!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside
lol this game is gonna flop.. it will be free to play in about a year maybe a year and a half with an in game shop... guild wars 2 is where its at not this wow rehash pos... supertrooper23
Go away troll....hahahahahahaha....
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
They have to say that to avoid customer issues.. while anyone who doesn't get a code will scream, they at least can say that its a "while stocks last" type thing. They will have a LOT of codes. Everywhere that does preorders has the same thing. Codes are not unlimited, they only have a set number(and while it is a huge amount, they want to warn customers that there is a tiny chance they could miss out if demand is higher than expected.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Apparently they are limiting preorders for server stability. The sky is not falling people....
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58557 Posts

Apparently they are limiting preorders for server stability. The sky is not falling people....IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

restaurants call this a "soft opening"...theyre not officially open, they don't advertise...but they still serve a select number of people for the month or two leading up to their official opening.