E3 2016 will pc gaming take over

This topic is locked from further discussion.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

E3 2016 is coming up, I'm looking forward to seeing battlefield 1, mass effect Andromeda, dishonored 2, and mafia 3. these may be the best games for pc presented.

I hope the pc gaming show will be better than last years.

what says the community about expectations?

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Thanks to Steam, Denuvo and shorter console generations I am sure we're going to start seeing more and more PC games.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@zaku101 said:

Thanks to Steam, Denuvo and shorter console generations I am sure we're going to start seeing more and more PC games.

The people are fed up. On youtube I saw a lot of 360 gamers are just outraged by the xbox one and the ps4. They don't like the tech in them there console gamers and there mad and complaining.

You piss off console gamer they will go PC there already skeptical and feel trapped. There just ready to make the switch. Prepare billions of PC gamers being born.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

i thought the PC show last year was good. it was a different format to the usual press event which was nice. i just didnt like the reaching questions sometimes like "why PC?".

a solid foundation to build on and one thing that was really clear is that the PC had something for everyone. so kudos to PC gamer and AMD for sponsoring it and hopefully more of the companies involved in PCs get involved at E3 (im secretely hoping AMD talk about vega at E3. the mainstream has been dealth with at computex...time to deploy the big guns and what better place for it?).

E3 is always a good time for PC gamers though since the multiplats come to the PC and the multiplats tend to be the big hitters (especially now). i mean last yar the sony press conference was great for PC gamers. no mans sky, GTA5 and a few others...good stuff. MS had a few things at their conference too like cuphead (looks class). everything shown at the EA, bethesda and ubisoft conference also comes to the PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@osan0: I hope they do a much better job this time with the PC Gaming Show, they better show off PC games like Obduction at it especially since Obduction will be coming to E3. It was disappointing to see PC games that came to E3 like XCOM2 and Fortnite that were not at the PC Gaming Show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#6  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Xbone pushed me to getting a pc to game, and I cant see myself ever going back. It sounds implausible that lots of people would jump ship, but it's looking a lot more plausible as the days (and Msoft's absurd anti consumer practices) go by.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0

@NoodleFighter: aye. its up to the developer too though. as far as i know PC gamer just send out invites to a load of developers and ask if they want to show something. they dont exactly have the clout of MS or sony to demand that they turn up.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

The biggest E3 rumor is that both xbox and playstation will have mid-console-generation upgrades announced. If this turns out to be true, it is certainly going to push console gamers towards pc.

Peripheral and hardware makers are also making a push to entice console gamers to go pc by offering steam machines/living room pcs/couch keyboard/mouse devices.

at the end, it all depends on the games, and pc never slows down in that department.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Wasn't forza 5 when that was shown at E3 run on a hidden PC under table.?. lol

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

I see several of you guys believing that consoles gamers would jump ship. If you believe that then you simply do not understand why people game on consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@Pedro said:

I see several of you guys believing that consoles gamers would jump ship. If you believe that then you simply do not understand why people game on consoles.

I saw 5 different youtubers who were staunch xbox 360 supporters say they didn't like xbox one and are moving to PC.

They are casual american 360 gamers who love the relaxedness of consoles who have now been thrown through a loop.

They don't like the XB1's policies, they just don't like them, and they are confused by the ps4.

They went PC and now just play on that.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@osan0 said:

@NoodleFighter: aye. its up to the developer too though. as far as i know PC gamer just send out invites to a load of developers and ask if they want to show something. they dont exactly have the clout of MS or sony to demand that they turn up.

True they may not have now have the status of Microsoft or Sony to motivate them to come but if it cost them nothing other than a few tickets to fly over and some hotel rooms I don't see why you would turn down the marketing opportunity especially if you're already at E3 but get drowned out by all the conferences and larger companies/game titles.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By osan0

@NoodleFighter: it can cost more than that. generally you have to put something together. a video, a demo, something. this takes time and money. just turning up to the conference with a name wont get you very far. then there is also practice and rehersal and such like.

putting a demo together, for example, can effecitvely cause development to stall as the demo has to be tested and fixed. then you need a backup just in case the demo doesnt work (remember uncharted 4 not working at last years E3 for some reason so they played a video. or nintendo taking a lot of flack when the skyward sword stage demo didnt work.).

turning up to an E3 conference is not a trivial matter and getting it wrong can be costly so for some developers it may simply not be worth it. but it can bring good exposure if it all works...so the developers needs to weigh the cost vs the benefit.