Dragon Age Origins one question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ttomm1946
Member since 2004 • 1871 Posts

I'm early in the game and I have my party of four..I'm at the quest where I'm supposed to light the Ishai tower but have run in to a horde of Darkspawn that keep killing my party.

anyone tell me how to get past them..I'm where the flaming barrier is?

csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 csftar
Member since 2009 • 937 Posts

i don't know what to tell you.

i mean, if they keep killing you, then i don't know.... turn down the difficulty?

Avatar image for jacobhazard1704
jacobhazard1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jacobhazard1704
Member since 2004 • 215 Posts

I'm early in the game and I have my party of four..I'm at the quest where I'm supposed to light the Ishai tower but have run in to a horde of Darkspawn that keep killing my party.

ttomm1946

Right when you come into the tower there is a trap when you enter the large room filled with the flaming barriers you were talking about, try and avoid it or disable it if you can. DA:O isn''t a hack and slash, you need to coordinate every action if you are having trouble. Keep the mages/ranged in the back and have alistairgo in and line of sight some melee behind a wall so you can keep the archers away from your weaker party members. Focus on one enemy at a time and try and make sure your weaker members don't come rushing in. Or turn the difficulty down, if you're not having fun, or if it's too hard then there is no reason to leave it at where it is.

ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ttomm1946

[QUOTE="ttomm1946"]

jacobhazard1704

Right when you come into the tower there is a trap when you enter the large room filled with the flaming barriers you were talking about, try and avoid it or disable it if you can. DA:O isn''t a hack and slash, you need to coordinate every action if you are having trouble. Keep the mages/ranged in the back and have alistairgo in and line of sight some melee behind a wall so you can keep the archers away from your weaker party members. Focus on one enemy at a time and try and make sure your weaker members don't come rushing in. Or turn the difficulty down, if you're not having fun, or if it's too hard then there is no reason to leave it at where it is.

thank you..Reminds me of some of the battles in Icewind Dale 2
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
If it's too hard you can adjust the difficulty down a little.
ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
What you should do is pause the game and issue individual commands for each of your party members. That should increase your chance of survival (it worked for me).
ttomm1946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ttomm1946

What you should do is pause the game and issue individual commands for each of your party members. That should increase your chance of survival (it worked for me).ForsakenWicked

II'll try it thanks