Dragon age 2: vid card question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Ive been to the sticky where the link for the site where I can test if i can run games are... I tested for Dragon age 2 and i failed the vid card part ... HOWEVER ... i did the same thing for Dragon age origins ... and I also failed ... BUT I;ve already finished the game 3 times now on the same computer ... so i can run it fine... so my question is if i can run Origins can I run DA2 as well? Im not really knowledgeable when it comes to computers much so any non-technical explanation is really encouraged. Thanks!

my vid card is Intel R Hd btw... which I honestly dont know where it ranks in the current vid cards .... I researched alas Im probably just stupid because I cant for the life of me understand where it stands ...

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
It doesn't stand anywhere, it's not good for anything and I don't know how good you ran DAO but DA 2 is a little more demanding, it also has a demo that you can try. The cheapest "graphics card" you can find (since this isn't one) will be at least a little better.
rain_ishigawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rain_ishigawa
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

thanks Ive been considering getting a PS3 lately so I might as well get one and play DA2 on it ... its just sad I cant import the data since its on my laptop ... also to answer your question my settings were set pretty low... it ran fine though ... ive probably clocked in at least 150 hours of gametime without a hitch details were on moderate and everything else was on low...

f22rf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 f22rf
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
I say save for a good gaming PC. Best experience there is imo. GL anyways
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If you want the better gaming experience, the better graphics, the better community and the better games then you should invest into a decent gaming PC.

Sure a PS3 is fun to play with and can play the games you want, but never like a PC can. Everything is better on the PC. If you don't like a game you can find mods which changes the whole game, and makes it so much more enjoyable.

Not only that you have the complete choice of what goes into your computer, you select every part that fits you best. It's just a joy to build your own computer. So considering all this, i'll let you decide.