This topic is locked from further discussion.

yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts

hello i have a laptop which was quite expenisive. It has an intel core i5 with intel 4000 graphics. But when start playing Dota 2 it lags terribly but most importantly the images are a bit blurry as in in can almost se ethe pixels and its just not sharp enough. Do i have to download a flash player or something? pls help :(

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

I think it's some sort of bug in the game since the game is techinicly not finished yet, i had the same problem when i went to test the game to see if it's any good. Everytime i join or start a match, during the first minute or so the game stutters like crazy for no reason

yodude1026

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yodude1026
Member since 2011 • 184 Posts
there is another thing i forgot to mention and thats when i launhed Dota 2 for the first time and it doing step 1 of 1 installing diretX i pressed cancel! i dont know why i did it but could that be the cause of the lag? and if so how do i actually install Directx through steam?
whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

I have no issues playing Dota 2 on my PC or laptop (specs in signature).  The laptop I need to turn the resolution down to like 1300x750 (or something like that). 

The game runs flawlessly otherwise, no crashes, no studdering etc.  Once in a while there will be a server issue but that's online games for you.

As far as the game not being finished, it's more finished than 99% of games that are released on PC or even consoles.  New content is added all the time and they try to "improve" but it's clear the game isn't a beta.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
No, you need to lower the settings even more than they already are and yes for the love of God why do you even ask if you should let it install critical DirectX files? of course you should and yes it can affect the performance if it's missing various DirectX files from most likely a newer version of it, look for it in the Dota 2 folder under steam/steamapps/etc.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
"Laptop" Thread.