lawrdofaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 lawrdofaim
Member since 2019 • 16 Posts

I've been following WCG for awhile and they just posted the results for week 2 of the national qualifiers for Dota 2, Hearthstone, and Warcraft 3 on their Facebook page. Not sure why it's not up yet on their official page but here ya go. I took the images directly from the Facebook posts, hopefully they don't mind.

Personally the kid inside me is so happy. WCG was so long ago and I kind of grew up with it around and they're still hosting Warcraft 3? One of my favorite games growing up. Some games are just timeless. Reforged is one of the few remasters I'm definitely getting. I'm excited to see this tournament get more exposure to say the least.

alvin_joseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 alvin_joseph
Member since 2014 • 110 Posts

@lawrdofaim: you're right about it being old, wow... i still can't believe world cyber games is back, i honestly thought it was dead

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AryannaLao
Member since 2019 • 78 Posts

I just noticed that the results make up a cool space-themed wallpaper when arranged side-by-side.

lawrdofaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lawrdofaim

@aryannalao: I think that's the theme WCG are trying to go for. Perhaps with their love for Starcraft and their motto being Beyond the Game. Like beyond space, beyond the stars? So they do have a very cool sci-fi look to them. Perhaps they will start releasing cool new wallpapers to promote the event even further.

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AryannaLao

@lawrdofaim: Maybe Buzz Lightyear is going to be their mascot! (Just kidding.) I think WCG will have StarCraft II this year, but as an Invitational Game. We'll most likely to see some Korean faces on the stage again.

lawrdofaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lawrdofaim

@aryannalao: I think more likely Tassadar or Kerrigan will be their mascot. I know they're gonna have cosplayers at the event so that would be cool to see of course. Besides the obvious Koreans at WCG for Starcraft II I'm sure we'll see some other nationalities as well like Serral. I hope I'm spelling his name right. With Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2 at this event we have some intense RTS games lined up. I'm more than excited to see some good ol' intense action of the micromanaging wars.

Disgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Disgrace
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

This year's WCG is for Moon. No one can beat him this year even Lawliet has a low percentage chance of winning, and he knows it. Btw I hope Reforge will not be cancelled by Blizzard, they already disappoint us by Diablo Immortal and we had enough.

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AryannaLao

I heard Alodia will come to the WCG main event. It would be amazing to see her cosplay as Queen of the Blades Kerrigan. Just thinking about it is already jaw-dropping.

lawrdofaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawrdofaim

@aryannalao: Well there are several days to the event. I wouldn't be surprised if she showed up each day with different outfits. Unless there is only one designated day for the cosplay event. Still months away I'm sure they're still organizing and planning.

lawrdofaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawrdofaim

@janethardin: hey sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the tips and link to the guide. I may have some trouble following the game at WCG, I'm into Dota 2 but I'm a relatively new player so all the help is appreciated. With the regional qualifiers starting soon I'm trying to brush up on the meta.

AryannaLao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AryannaLao

I posted the list of players who are qualified for the Regional Finals which will be held in particular locations around the world based on their region. It will be held on May 27 to 30. I'm still waiting for the live stream links.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/wcg-2019-players-advancing-to-the-regional-finals--33458217/

Disgrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Disgrace
Member since 2019 • 17 Posts

@janethardin: Did you start playing Dota 2 with that guide or someone teaches you how to play it? Btw I started playing Dota 2 because of eSports tournaments like TI and WCG, love watching matches because it will help you enhance your skills by applying what you learn. That's cool.

Rei_Ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rei_Ka
Member since 2019 • 21 Posts

Grand Finals though~