Doom 3 BFG wont launch on Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

trijity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 trijity
Member since 2008 • 813 Posts

My buddy bought Doom 3 BFG and tells me that when he hits play that the "launching game" pops up for 1 second and then goes away to nothingness. After this it continues to do nothing and he can not play the game. I had him verify game cache, restart computer, go to the Doom 3 folder and run the exe, run as admin, change compatibilty mode, re-install the game, and all this to no avail. As of my typing this he has *just* re-installed it and we are in the process of repeating the steps above, but I don't have much hope. Any thoughts?

Update: Have now even had him install latest drivers to no avail....my god, worst case scenario he can get a refund right?

Update #2 SUCCESS: We have gone through the land of the ghetto computer problems, and have come out victorious. For future people who may have this issue, this is the solution for us. Upon running it as admin in the Steam folder he got an error of "The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer". I sent him this video to resolve this problem.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mTHfWqUWnE

Upon that problem being fixed we get ANOTHER problem of "failed to creat XAudio2 engine. Try installing the latest DirectX". Installing DirectX updates from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35 resulted in the game finally working for him. Hopefully this helps *someone* out, it gave us a headache, especially since he is telling me his issues through Steam chat. -_-

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 843 Posts

That does suck but I heard it's a really bad port with bad graphics and graphic options. Hopefully he can get a refund. He's better off playing the original with the expansion.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

you know developers are running out of options when they keep releasing their older titles in HD