Does anyone find Assassin's Creed on PC to actually be

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts
a pretty good and enjoyable game? (I do and I was one of the people refusing to play it in part because of the commonly shared impression of its extreme repetitiveness)
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23838 Posts
The story was good but the gameplay got boring too quick.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
It is repetitive, that much is certain. It's also good, but there are a lot of menial tasks required to get to the good part, which lasts a ridiculously short amount of time and is riddled with pauses and long conversations.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I played the game on my PS3, but I found it to be an excellent game. Except the ending SUCKS. Other than that, I didn't get bored of the game like many others did. Yeah, I guess it can get repetitive, but you don't need to do that many missions of the same type. You can do different ones and you only have to do two or three per mission (I didn't see a benefit to doing more).

Plus, though it may be "repetitive", I love the gameplay. I never got bored of sneaking in around towns, stealth killing guards, jumping around on rooftops and waylaying archers all over the place. it was mad fun.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
The story was interesting, until the absurb ending ( I hate when the game dev do that). The game was ok, the combat is fun for a while, but become too easy and repetitive. Let's just say that the game is overrated, but still deserve a solid 7.5
KudoS17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KudoS17
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts
it's a good game has a great story but like everyone else has said it does get repetitive after an hour or two of playing
augustlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 augustlight
Member since 2008 • 400 Posts
Assassin's Creed is absolutely horrible. Damn you, Jade Raymond! DAMN YOU!!!
fatshodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fatshodan
Member since 2008 • 2886 Posts

I enjoy watching freerunning and I quite enjoyed running around the cities, but the game has some crippling flaws.

Terrible AI, meaning terrible combat and terrible chasing.

Extremely repetitive quests make the game insanely formulaic, which might have been overlookable before GTA 1 in 1998, but is simply ridiculous by modern standards.

An uninteresting and convoluted story with a very badly voice acted protagonist. The entire future storyline was completely stupid, too. I felt like the executives felt a purely historical game would appear boring to the console masses and it had to be either a fantasy or a science fiction of some form. From a story perspective, it's just unnecessary, excess baggage.

With improved AI, making chases more hectic, with Altair not being so powerful that he can take down thirteen guards all at once in a swordfight and with carefully constructed missions to rival the standard set by GTA 3 and Mafia rather than repetitive grinding of the same 6 boring things over and over, the game could have been a masterpiece. As it stands, it's just an intermittently fun game that screams wasted potential.

digipixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 digipixels
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Very repetitive.... sadly cause its such a beautiful game
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
I hated it. I wanted to like it given it's a historically based game and whatnot, but it's just garbage.
kpsting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kpsting
Member since 2005 • 2452 Posts

the only repetitiveness that I feel so far (~20 hrs into the game, finishing the 4th kill) is in traveling between cities and picking up the flags. The latter being an obvious symptom of consolitis. I have to say tho that I'm practically addicted to this game's characters' animations, freedom and broad spectrum of possible movement options, and most of all the visceral combat. I don't play consoles and I never played anything remotely like it on PC... so maybe it's still too new to be boring. dunno

Second thing that they did masterfully, IMO is immersion. For a game not being an RPG or adventure game they had to really stretch themselves in art and graphics department. last time for me that a non-RPG game pulled it off was with Far Cry.

I agree there is lots of lost potential here. Connecting this combat and movement system with a true RPG would yield an epic game for sure.

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Trilvester
Member since 2003 • 1857 Posts
The game is boring and way too easy. Why run away from the guards when I can use my god like sword fighting skills to kill 10 guards.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13 deactivated-5f3fa34a024b3
Member since 2005 • 1735 Posts
i finished it in 12 hours, and i enjoyed it all the way through, but now i have no reason to go back because it just about reached that phase of getting annoyingly repetetive.
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

Second thing that they did masterfully, IMO is immersion. For a game not being...adventure game they had to really stretch themselves in art and graphics department.

kpsting

so what genre exactly does this game belong to?

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

I played the game on my PS3, but I found it to be an excellent game. Except the ending SUCKS. Other than that, I didn't get bored of the game like many others did. Yeah, I guess it can get repetitive, but you don't need to do that many missions of the same type. You can do different ones and you only have to do two or three per mission (I didn't see a benefit to doing more).

Plus, though it may be "repetitive", I love the gameplay. I never got bored of sneaking in around towns, stealth killing guards, jumping around on rooftops and waylaying archers all over the place. it was mad fun.

MyopicCanadian

I feel the same way. Besides the ending doesn't SUCK, persay. it was still interesting and if you read up into it it has alot of meaning in it.

I would actually play the game again, but my 360 scratched it....and ubi said I'd have to pay $20 for a replacement. Decided against it.

Hopefully the sequel will be less repetative though.

DarKre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DarKre
Member since 2003 • 9529 Posts
I stopped playing after I got to Jerusalem.
Avatar image for xAngels_Assasin
xAngels_Assasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 xAngels_Assasin
Member since 2007 • 467 Posts
Well I passed the game 2 times in my Xbox 360 , second time more to get some achivments I missed , but I loved the running around rooftops climbing buildings. The game gets pretty repetitive and the traveling between cities sucked. Lets hope AC 2 will learn from its predecesor and be a great game.
fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2387 Posts

It had a great concept that was poorly executed. It suffered from a common problem a lot of games have now, the game developers think they're making a B grade scifi movie instead of a game.

Listen up developers, the back stories you're giving the games are mediocre at best. You are not screenwriters so stop kidding yourselves. We gamers do not enjoy 20 minute long cutscenes that advance some moronic story you've tacked onto the game because you get all hot and bothered when you look at a picture of Ang Lee. We want to play a ******* game. We don't care why we're shooting the alien creature with a shotgun, just make it fun. Idiots.

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts
(on the 360 version) fun at first.... got boring quick.... had to force myself to finish it..... doubt I will ever bother playing it again.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4551 Posts

Herrick enjoyed the game but as others have said, it was way too repetitive. I enjoyed the combat but Altair was too powerful. I was surprised that he kept gaining more & more health. I also did not like the modern-day part of the story. Maybe I'll enjoy it more when the next game comes out...

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts
I'm curious to try it, mostly because I'm intrigued by the game's unique setting in the middle east during the crusades, but not curious enough to spend $30 after hearing such mixed reviews. Hopefully Steam will have a $15 weekend sale for this like they did with Bioshock.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10598 Posts
with a bit more variation in tasks, weapons and enemies it could have been so much better. i just lost interest after about the fourth assination.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
I found the game pretty horrible, the free running jumping was quite a bit of fun but the rest of the game was terrible. I can see now why the didn't gave a demo of the game, it is simply because with a demo will be able to get the only fun thing in the game i.e the free running party
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts

Oh yeah like someone mentioned, the combat is a bit poorly done. If you're surrounded by guards, they'll all wait in line to take a swing at you, allowing you to take on an entire legion by yourself.

I can see the game being more fun if maybe you had to click-counter each enemy attack and they came at once regardless of whether you're currently busy. Then your assassin would initiate a new animation where he moves to counter two or three or more enemies. That way, the more people attacking you at once, the harder it would be to time clicks to counter each attack, but the more spectacular the animations once you've countered 4 people at once... but anyways, that's just me dreaming. The real game is the equivalent of a grocery store checkout line.

galiualfre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 galiualfre
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

a pretty good and enjoyable game? (I do and I was one of the people refusing to play it in part because of the commonly shared impression of its extreme repetitiveness)kpsting

"extreme repetitiveness" you say it, i rembember that you fight with a woman but nothing happens next (¿¿¿???), i don't know if an rpg would have work...

chesterocks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 chesterocks7
Member since 2005 • 1572 Posts

It's a great game to play in spurts with beer ;)

It really isn't as bad as people think. Sure it's slightly repetitive, and unrealistic, but it doesn't fail in my book. Fun gameplay and a decent story make it worthwhile. Could it be better? Probably. Could it be worse? Definitely.

foggy666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 foggy666
Member since 2003 • 1123 Posts
a game is not good in my book if i can't make myself finish it, when a game becomes like a chore i stop. games supposed to be fun, not some kind of achievement. that the difference between a job and hobbies, you have a job to gain something at the end of it, while having hobbies to gain something while doing them.
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

It really isn't as bad as people think. Sure it's slightly repetitive, and unrealistic, but it doesn't fail in my book.

chesterocks7

It is as bad as people think, or else we wouldn't think that. It's more than slightly repetitive, it's mega repetitive. The gameplay in each city is a clone from the others. Aside from the primary assassinations, the mission types are very limited and scripted the same. And another major flaw is the way the majority of the game encourages stealth, then the endgame forces you to be super ninja commando.

chesterocks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chesterocks7
[QUOTE="chesterocks7"]

It really isn't as bad as people think. Sure it's slightly repetitive, and unrealistic, but it doesn't fail in my book.

Qixote

It is as bad as people think, or else we wouldn't think that. It's more than slightly repetitive, it's mega repetitive. The gameplay in each city is a clone from the others. Aside from the primary assassinations, the mission types are very limited and scripted the same. And another major flaw is the way the majority of the game encourages stealth, then the endgame forces you to be super ninja commando.

Because it all get's down to personal preference, no it's not as bad as people think for me. It may be for some, but just because some people don't like it doesn't mean that other people won't. I thought the game was repetitive, but I still enjoyed it. You obviously didn't. No ones opinion on the game will be the same as everyone else's.

necorium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 necorium
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts
i bought the game for pc but i only played it for a few hours and unistalled it. i don't know why cause the graphics are awesome and it seems fun. i just couldn't get into it for some reason
Goosey67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Goosey67
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts
I liked it but I never got to the end...Too repetitive.
chesterocks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chesterocks7
Like I said before, just play for a couple hours at a time, with beer, then take breaks from it and it's a great game.