Do You Read Previews That Contain Spoilers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

Herrick doesn't. It's annoying when they put spoilers in previews, even if they're minor spoilers. I'm very interested in The Witcher, but the preview that came out recently said there were spoilers in it. Same thing with the Hellgate preview. Well, they said there were "slight" spoilers. I do appreciate the warnings and it isn't that big of a deal cause I can just skip the preview, but isn't it possible to preview a game without giving things away that were apparently supposed to be a surprise?

RazorGR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 RazorGR
Member since 2005 • 1605 Posts
I don't read them either. That's why I skipped the last preview of The Witcher as well.
cobadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cobadee
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts
Yeah I hate any spoilers. I don't watch those making of the movie things on tv before it comes out and sometimes I don't even like watching the tv previews. Needless to say, when I see that an article is going to have spoilers I always skip it. Good thing gamespot usually doesn't have spoilers.... someone needs to talk to ign about that
biosc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 biosc1
Member since 2003 • 1144 Posts
Personally, I have no problem. By the time I get around to the game, I will have forgotten what I read. Yah, I'm that forgetful about some things ;)
RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
I read them. The story in games is rarely so good that it actually spoils anything good.
sircyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sircyrus
Member since 2003 • 6358 Posts

I try to avoid spoilers but I often find them tucked in previews as a side-comment then I regret readingit afterwards. It sucks because a lot of the time the spoilers mention something that the developers are particularly proud of, and that is then ruined for me once I experience it in the game because it's the "Oh yea, this..." reaction.

For that reason I decided I'm not going to be reading anything on Fallout 3. I'd read the current previews and already had several spoilers. I have little hope for the game as it is soI'd like to keep those "gems" for when I experience them ingame and discover them for myself.

Wee87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wee87
Member since 2005 • 3567 Posts
I contemplated not reading the latest Witcher preview, but I ended up reading it. For me, I suppose it depends on what level of spoiler it is. If the preview is going to give some major story arc away, which they very rarely do, then I'll opt out of reading it. But, like the latest Witcher review, if the preview is only going to touch on certain elements of the story then I have no problem reading it.
Herrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Herrick
Member since 2004 • 4549 Posts

The story in games is rarely so good that it actually spoils anything good.RK-Mara

Good point, mang.

EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
Yeah. I don't really mind spoilers. Never did. It's not like it's going to ruin the game for me.