Do you immediately play the sequels?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Confusing title, probably, but allow me to explain.

For example, let's say you get Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2. You haven't played either, but you own both of them, and you're eager to play them. Of course, you start with the first Dragon Age. When you're finished, do you start DA2 next, or do you finish another game before jumping into the second one to avoid "burning out" on the series?

James00715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 James00715
Member since 2003 • 2484 Posts

I immediately play the sequel if I bought it. I don't get burned out very often, because I only play a couple hours each day. I found that if I play marathon sessions I get bored. The game stops feeling fresh. On the other hand, if I miss a few days gaming I will also get bored mainly because I forget what all I was working on in the game the last time I played. If I just play a little bit every day, I never get bored. Kinda wierd.

If you're asking if I immediately buy sequels, no way at all. I always read reviews and follow player discussions on the game before buying it. This is assuming its a new game. If it's an old game with a nice sale (Steam), I will sometimes buy a game that seemed interesting without doing a lot of research. The price has to be pretty low though. Besides, playing just a couple hours a day, it takes a long time to finish a game completely (I try to get most achievements and secrets). If I bought a lot of games all the time, most of them would just sit collecting dust.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I never have to make that choice. I always make sure I have completed a game before buying another. That's just one of the very few things that I learned to do from Charlie Sheens' new book Bi-winning: Learn to Win a Little Here and a Little There.

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#4 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I wait a bit. Like it happened with Crysis where I bought Crysis: Maximum Edition. I played Crysis. Then I played Final Fantasy XIII. Then I played Crysis: Warhead.

Hochiwana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Hochiwana
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I will play the first one first, then play the second one with breaks for another game if I get bored.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's rare for me to ever buy the original game and its sequel together. In most cases, I already played the first title way before the sequel comes out. But let's pretend. If I never played DAO and DA2, I would definitely play them both, back to back. No question. It all depends how great the first game is. If I love it, I'll definitely want to jump right into its sequel.
urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

I play part one , then I play part 2, then I play part 3 one after the other immeadiately.

eg CODMW then CODMW2.

mrblueberrycg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mrblueberrycg
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I always wait for a while especially if I really liked the first game because I dont want to ruin the experience. Even if the reviews for the second game are very good I wouldnt play it right away. I would try to find a completely different game, some different setting or genre. And somehow the anticipation is exciting:)

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
No, most times I wait. Sequels, in my mind anyway, tend to disappoint so I wait for the general feedback. That, and because I'm cheap and wait for prices to come down. Starcraft 2 is the only sequel I purchased day one of release.