Divinity: Original Sin

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

Just reached Beta. http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/ I just bought it on Steam, never played a Larian studios game or really any other game like it, but it looks really intriguing, especially the deep dialogue choices and overall freedom. Anyone else in on it, or thoughts?

#2 Posted by Masculus (2878 posts) -

Looking forward for it. The first one was a good game, kind of spoiled by it's Diablo-like combat. This one however, seens to go full Ultima style, which is absolutely great. Planning to buy it, but I don't do early access. Am more excited for it than for PC Dark Souls 2.

#3 Posted by PredatorRules (8995 posts) -

Played the beta version, looks promising

#4 Posted by Postosuchus (398 posts) -

I backed the kickstarter so of course am stoked for it. The environmental effects seem really cool (blood ice!) and the dual dialogue system seems like it would be great for playing with your SO.

@Masculus said:

Looking forward for it. The first one was a good game, kind of spoiled by it's Diablo-like combat. This one however, seens to go full Ultima style, which is absolutely great. Planning to buy it, but I don't do early access. Am more excited for it than for PC Dark Souls 2.

There was an interview a while back where the founder said Divinity 1 was originally turn based but the publisher demanded realtime to cash into the diablo craze, and also eventually made them cut multiplayer too. So glad they're self publishing this one.

#5 Posted by BSC14 (4185 posts) -

Did I hear that right? Turned based combat?

#6 Posted by Code135 (866 posts) -

This ... makes me happy. Onwards to Steam !

#7 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6420 posts) -

@BSC14 said:

Divinity Original Sin is Turn based baby.

#8 Posted by BSC14 (4185 posts) -

@AdamPA1006 said:

@BSC14 said:

Divinity Original Sin is Turn based baby.

I will pass then....or maybe try a demo before buying.

#9 Edited by -wildflower- (2957 posts) -

I backed the Kickstarter campaign so, yeah, I'm patiently awaiting its release. I don't want to play the alpha and ruin things (same as Wasteland 2) and, besides, I have enough games to play right now. I'm quite enjoying this little Renaissance of the Turn-Based RPG. Keep 'em coming!

#10 Posted by SovietsUnited (2381 posts) -

The combat switch is a letdown but I'll play it regardless; this one seems like it's blending the best elements of Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity. I loved all Divinity games and I can't wait to see where they'll take the series next.

#11 Posted by Postosuchus (398 posts) -

@-wildflower- said:

I backed the Kickstarter campaign so, yeah, I'm patiently awaiting its release. I don't want to play the alpha and ruin things (same as Wasteland 2) and, besides, I have enough games to play right now. I'm quite enjoying this little Renaissance of the Turn-Based RPG. Keep 'em coming!

Damn straight! The new Torment game ended up getting turn based combat too, and is supposed to only have unique combat encounters. T'is a glorious new era for us turn-based fans.