Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

Hello everyone!

I basically just wanted to ask if any of you have played this game and whether or not you think it's worth the time and money? I could use a chill, excellent single-player RPG for when I am not focussing on CS or SC2. I never tried the Divine Divinity games, but if this piece is re-worked etc, perhaps it's worth it?

Opinions please.

Thanks!

Pokemaster1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Pokemaster1337
Member since 2009 • 239 Posts

Bad game, don't buy it, I wasted my money on it and played it just once. Bad graphics and combat.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
It was my favorite game of 2010. A lot to explore, fun combat, funny characters, nice visuals.
Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts
Great game, worth every penny. Big world to explore, lots of fun quests, tons of items, good combat, and of course you become a freaking dragon in the game :P I enjoyed Divinity 2 more than the Dragon Age to be perfectly honest.
Dennislol123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dennislol123
Member since 2010 • 184 Posts

Well, now I am confused! lol

RobertBowen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RobertBowen
Member since 2003 • 4094 Posts

I haven't finished Divinity 2: Ego Draconis yet, but what I've played I've enjoyed. I was planning to get the Dragon Knight Saga myself at some point.

sleepingzzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 sleepingzzz
Member since 2006 • 2263 Posts

I played the demo and thought the game was meh. Many better choices for RPGs out there.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

It's a fun game and I'm typically not a huge fan of action-RPGs. I bought it during Steam's Winter Sale for about $20 and I haven't regretted the decision at all. I also really liked that it didn't take itself so seriously.

It's definately one of the better action-RPGs I've played in a while.

G-Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 G-Lord
Member since 2004 • 2141 Posts

I played the demo and thought the game was meh. Many better choices for RPGs out there.

sleepingzzz

I wasn't fond of the demo either. The game takes a lot of time until it takes off. Still bought the game + expansion in last years STEAM sales, and it was worth it. Took me almost 50 hours total and I enjoyed most of this time. For someone that is not really into RPGs I still don't think it's the best choice, it can be frustrating at times.

tanerb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 tanerb
Member since 2003 • 1300 Posts

if you havent played yet, try The Witcher Enhanced Edition

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
It's an excellent RPG. I have the graphically remastered version and no it's not groundbreaking nor is it perfect, but it's a solid rpg, I've enjoyed so far (9hrs in) and I would recommend it.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Bad game, don't buy it, I wasted my money on it and played it just once. Bad graphics and combat.

Pokemaster1337

Don't listen to this guy. It's got decent graphics and a serviceable combat system. Its most notable feature is that about halfway through an entire new gameplay element becomes available that makes for a fun and unique, if a little rough, experience. The game is full of little details that add that special something that makes a game worth playing... which I don't see very often in recent games.

jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I couldn't get into the expansion though... I was burned out after finishing the main game, lol.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
It's a great game, I recommend it.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Hello everyone!

I basically just wanted to ask if any of you have played this game and whether or not you think it's worth the time and money? I could use a chill, excellent single-player RPG for when I am not focussing on CS or SC2. I never tried the Divine Divinity games, but if this piece is re-worked etc, perhaps it's worth it?

Opinions please.

Thanks!

Dennislol123

i liked it if you enjoy action rpgs and can actually take the time to read quests and stuff, cod generation is usually to desperate and anxious to take the time and read some good story and quests, since they dont mark everything but they tell you what to do in dialogue, but is very good.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58532 Posts

I havent really played too much of it (maybe 10 hours, I rerolled my toon so I didnt get too far out of the first town) but I thought it was really, really fun. Combat is satisfying, story is good, characters are likeable, visuals are really awesome, and the overall "fantasy RPG feeling" is solid; there's skeletons, wizards, dragons...all that good stuff :)

I say buy it, its definately worth 20-30 bucks.

Botodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Botodile
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

I really enjoyed it. Good story, combat, characters. It has a lot of good traits; it's definitely worth the money.