Display issue, need help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fausto2322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 fausto2322
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

So I bought a new video card, an Ati Radeon HD 5870 ( the 2 GB version, with up to 6 screens ), I tried it on my ( it's the only one I have ) Samsung SyncMaster 795 MB, and there was no image, but the power LED ( you'll know what I mean if you've ever seen one of theese screens ) bliks in what, according to the manual, is the power save mode, although I can't get no picture out of it.
I brought the entire pc to my dining room and plugged it through the HDMI cable directly to my HDTV, and it worked perfecly, then, I tried to bring the old monitor here so that I could set through Catalyst that that monitor was the main one, and disable my tv so I could get it out of the room ( the ammount of cables is a mess ), but it won't detect my Samsung screen. Only other relevant information that I can add is that the Samsung screen has an adapter because it can't be plugged in normally to the video card, and it's the first time I've used this adapter.

Can you help me?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Its most likely the Hz rating, either the 5870 has a weird defaultor the monitor has a weird default. What cables are you using?

fausto2322

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 fausto2322
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

I'm using the normal cables that I had with the monitor, normal stuff, I'm thinking it may be the adaptor, but I don't know for sure

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

I'm using the normal cables that I had with the monitor, normal stuff, I'm thinking it may be the adaptor, but I don't know for sure

fausto2322

Meant adaptor sorry, you said it was a different one?