This topic is locked from further discussion.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17794 Posts

Wow. This game is great. I had it in my steam library since the last sale, but never tried it. This game is like old school Colin McRae, Richard Burns Rally, and WRC games but even more authentic. It is true rally racing and not arcadey garbage. The roads are narrow and you are constantly making adjustments based on the terrain, obstacles and endless turns. This game is intense rally racing. I love it. It is still early access, but is very polished. You guys should definitely try it. I just wish I knew how to turn off the damn post-processing AA and chromatic aberration.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Yes this game is good. Very good even.

I hope they'll work on it a lot and make a lot of more stuff for it.

The track I've try was great and the car was slow. I can't imagine how crazy it would be with a fast car; I've seen a video on a fast racer with a fast car and it was real good.

If typical races are good rally is a good one too. I'm for sure a fan of this kind of eracing.

Unfortunatly, the game did not work very well on my computer so I did not play that much.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

its on my to get list...just soo many games to play at the moment :S.

i hear a lot of positive things about it though. i went off codemasters rally games with dirt but i hear this is focused on proper rally again.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Are you sure the game is using these effects?

I noticed the chromatic aberration in the hud, but I don't think it's applied to anything else.

Also stuff looks pretty jagged if you disable msaa for it to be using post process aa.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

I got it for $24 on gmg with their 20% off summer deal. I'm having with fun with it, it's very hard.

I'm finishing around 2-3rd place early on. In grid 2/dirt2/3 I beat the ai by a lot on the hardest difficulties for comparison.

So if you want a challenge, give it a try. It plays absolutely nothing like their previous dirt/grid games.

This is the first race, there is a lot of inertia. Your car doesn't stop when you brake.

http://youtu.be/Hzlsg19yims

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

It's Codemasters. They never disappoint with their racers.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#8  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17794 Posts

@topgunmv said:

Are you sure the game is using these effects?

I noticed the chromatic aberration in the hud, but I don't think it's applied to anything else.

Also stuff looks pretty jagged if you disable msaa for it to be using post process aa.

I definitely notice the CA on the HUD and there is some overall blur to the image like shader based AA or some other blur filter is being applied. I am not referring to the blurred background either. The game does not look crisp like it should at 1440p.

With Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and now Dirt Rally, I am in racing heaven right now. :) If they fix the technical issues in F1 2015, I will buy that one too.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I really should try it, it came free with my recent upgrade (gtx 2gb 750ti) last week. I miss Colin McRae rally..

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@vvulturas said:

they did with the F1 2014-2015. it's absolute dogshit.

@BassMan how's the game? is the FFB great? i don't have a PC soo..

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@Sokol4ever said:

I really should try it, it came free with my recent upgrade (gtx 2gb 750ti) last week. I miss Colin McRae rally..

bullcrap

this is an AMD game, how did you get it from buying 750ti, that's factually impossible by various reasons!

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

@tushar172787 said:
@vvulturas said:

they did with the F1 2014-2015. it's absolute dogshit.

@BassMan how's the game? is the FFB great? i don't have a PC soo..

My post was made before the review for F1 2015 was revealed. Before F1 2015, Codemasters never disappointed with their racers, lol.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@napo_sp said:
@Sokol4ever said:

bullcrap

this is an AMD game, how did you get it from buying 750ti, that's factually impossible by various reasons!

The games also not even finished. I doubt an unfinished game would come bundled with a graphics card.