Deus ex human revolution, gamepad vs keyboard and mice?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sedhic23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sedhic23
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

i plan to buy deus ex huma revolution and skyrim but should i use the xbox 360 controller or is it better to use keyborad and mice?

CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

I personally will only play FPS or RTS games with Mouse and Keyboard,You get much better control with M+K, But I do play racers with the 360 pad.

RevolverAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RevolverAce
Member since 2008 • 983 Posts

You should always use keyboard and mouse. on first person games.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Mouse'nkeyboard
dsgsdfgf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dsgsdfgf
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

mouse and keyboard is definitely the way to go.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

I am currently playing both without issue on the gamepad. If you are more of a gamepad person then you will feel right at home. :)

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I play every kind of game with keyboard and mouse.

grafficsak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 grafficsak
Member since 2009 • 304 Posts

I played both Skyrim and Deus Ex with a xbox controller, it just feels right. I only use K/M for multiplayer/competitive games

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

i plan to buy deus ex huma revolution and skyrim but should i use the xbox 360 controller or is it better to use keyborad and mice?

sedhic23
It should work fine with both, so use whatever you prefer.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i personally use KBM...and it works flawlessly. at this point i couldnt see playing it any other way...
rmfd341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 rmfd341
Member since 2008 • 3808 Posts
It's better with KBM.
Vlaimir_Lem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Vlaimir_Lem86
Member since 2006 • 439 Posts
It normally depends on personal preference, and what you're use to playing with. IE if you have played nothing but consoles your whole life, a controller would be better, and visa-versa. I personally cant stand FPS games on a controller. And i dont see how console players can use it either. The fact that you have to take your finger off the right analog stick to use the xbay buttons, frustrates the hell out of me. ESP considering the right analog stick almost ALWAYS controls aiming..... This is mainly countered on consoles, by adding a slight "auto-aim" feature (can be seen in BF3 and the MW series) and very large hitboxes. i only play platforming or 3rd person fighter games with a controller (IE Super Meat Boy, Darksiders, SF4) Keyboard and mouse 4 life mah man.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It normally depends on personal preference, and what you're use to playing with. IE if you have played nothing but consoles your whole life, a controller would be better, and visa-versa. I personally cant stand FPS games on a controller. And i dont see how console players can use it either. The fact that you have to take your finger off the right analog stick to use the xbay buttons, frustrates the hell out of me. ESP considering the right analog stick almost ALWAYS controls aiming..... This is mainly countered on consoles, by adding a slight "auto-aim" feature (can be seen in BF3 and the MW series) and very large hitboxes. i only play platforming or 3rd person fighter games with a controller (IE Super Meat Boy, Darksiders, SF4) Keyboard and mouse 4 life mah man.Vlaimir_Lem86

I think that really speaks to your lack of experiance with a controller. If you are easily frustrated by taking your thumb off the right analong stick, then I think you just need more practice. It isn't hard to shift between aiming and using the face buttons. Its something I never even think about when I play a console FPS.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Keyboard and mouse. The only time I will use the xbox controller is for Driving games or when I hop in a vehicle in Battlefield 3.