Dead Space problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Isbrealiompie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Isbrealiompie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts
Hello I'm having some serious problems installing Dead Space. Everytime I try to install the game, I get multiple errors regarding audiofiles. Although I can ignore these, there are way too many(At least 30). It took 5 hours to get 1/3 of the way through the installation. These files are in the format (file name).exa.snu . If anybody could help me get past this or fix this it would be much appreciated as I have found nothing simmilar on the EA forums or in google.
prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts
my best guess would be that the files are corrupted or the disc is unreadable.
eppeter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eppeter
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've finish installing it... and when I click on the Dead Space icon it does not load and says. Error Could not initialize display hardware. Please restart Dead SpaceTM.
cayne_phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 cayne_phoenix
Member since 2002 • 2440 Posts
your graphics drivers may be old or corrupted. download the latest drivers and install them.
wigginender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wigginender
Member since 2003 • 644 Posts

For eppeter - Or your graphics controller is not support. What is your GPU, and what is the make & model of your laptop/desktop?

For Isbrealiompie - I agree with prowler, it could be a problem with the disk but you could quickly test this on another PC, if it installs ok then there is something wrong with your system config. It should never takes more than 30-45 mintus top to install a game, so you might benefit from a reformat & re-install of Windows. Post your system specs if you want more help.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
what gpu you got?
EnemyN666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EnemyN666
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Can some1 help me, I get a problem saying "could not initialize display hardware please restart dead space"

I have the ATI 3850

Thanks

giovag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 giovag
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I was having the same problem in windows 7 x64(Could notinitialize display hardware. Please restartDead Space 2), but I corrected it changing the propietary of the file deathspace2.exe to the administrator.