DayZ Standalone has released!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
deactivated-579f651eab962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-579f651eab962
Member since 2003 • 5404 Posts

It's still in Alpha?.........What have they been doing?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@acanofcoke said:

how dare they take their time to get it right

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

"We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process. "

I understand taking their time, but 30 dollars for 'early access' to a game that won't be complete for AT LEAST a year? Yea, no thanks. I'm sitting tight until I get some impressions. If the alpha is reeeeeaally fucking good, I may THINK about paying that. But not until I hear some positives.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flubbbs

@chrisrooR: the price will only go up as the development goes on..thats how BI does their early access on games

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#6 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

Can this game be played solo? I know only shows multiplayer but can i make my own server and play alone? And have they improved combat since last i saw a gameplay video few months ago?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 with_teeth26

@Sleepyz said:

Can this game be played solo? I know only shows multiplayer but can i make my own server and play alone? And have they improved combat since last i saw a gameplay video few months ago?

you can probably find an empty server or one with only a few players that you will never run into since the map is so big. Cant speak to the quality of the combat.

mhofever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#10  Edited By mhofever
Member since 2008 • 3960 Posts

"Man, I spawned at a crappy area, I'll just got ahead and shoot myself in the head."

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts

Would've bought it if it weren't 30 bucks for a very unplayable alpha. Then again this is what early access should be so I'll just wait until the game's playable enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Bout fucking time they released SOMETHING to play. Been waiting since before last year for this.

Can't play till tomorrow night though sadly

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flubbbs

@8-Bitterness said:

Would've bought it if it weren't 30 bucks for a very unplayable alpha. Then again this is what early access should be so I'll just wait until the game's playable enough.

its not unplayable.. its actually very stable for an alpha. ive been in game for almost 3 hours now with no problems

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flubbbs

@Sleepyz said:

running your own server will be coming eventually, like with_teeth said, you can always join a low population server and play.. you will probally never run into anyone. chernarus is around 225 km2.. its massive

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

There's such a thing as too much time. And I'm not a fan of developers that toss around "expected release dates" and don't come through. Just say nothing like Valve and leave everyone to their peace. :P jk

On the other hand, i'm pretty excited for this. Can't wait to get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Well there goes the rest of my night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Well there goes the rest of my night.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Anybody got a video of them playing or know of any posted on youtube. Would like to see it in action to know if I could stand it or not. There is a certain degree of bugs I can handle and cannot handle. The video footage I seen at E3, it did not look so hot...

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 with_teeth26

I don't think i'll be able to play much until they make it possible to turn off mouse acceleration and fix mouse sensitivity. There is a option for mouse acceleration but its stuck on. Its crazy right now, I feel like i'm steering a boat around the map.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@with_teeth26: If you have a gaming mouse you can compensate by turning the hardware down. I simply created a new profile and was good to go.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

there is a difference between getting it right and doing what rocket is doing.....

he is trying to do to much with to little. the dev team is small, but he is trying to put out a game that would take years to complete even with AAA funding and team size. he is WAY too ambitious for his own skill, and his teams skill. he has admitted that the majority of his team arent even actual game developers, but novices/part time workers.

honestly, he should have just stuck to modding. his ambition far outreaches his ability.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

That is costly for an Alpha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Geminon said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

there is a difference between getting it right and doing what rocket is doing.....

he is trying to do to much with to little. the dev team is small, but he is trying to put out a game that would take years to complete even with AAA funding and team size. he is WAY too ambitious for his own skill, and his teams skill. he has admitted that the majority of his team arent even actual game developers, but novices/part time workers.

honestly, he should have just stuck to modding. his ambition far outreaches his ability.

If this is the case why would BI hire him and agree to publish the standalone?

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Geminon

@airshocker said:

@Geminon said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

because his mod was a phenomenon and they saw dollar signs? why else?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Geminon said:

@airshocker said:

@Geminon said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

Still doesn't make any sense. If they didn't trust his programming skills they wouldn't have made him project lead. They would have simply created a standalone game without him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@Geminon said:

@airshocker said:

@Geminon said:

@wis3boi said:

@acanofcoke said:

Still doesn't make any sense. If they didn't trust his programming skills they wouldn't have made him project lead. They would have simply created a standalone game without him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

So here are my impressions thus far:

The game is far more stable than the mod ever was. I haven't crashed or been disconnected in the three hours I've been playing. But it is very much an alpha. There are TONS of bugs. Zombies don't see you unless you're right on top of them, loot is either extremely rare or doesn't spawn at all, key-binding is a mess, the game is super clunky.

The best part? You can now use your mitts as a weapon, though how feasible that is I'm not sure.

The game certainly has potential, I just wish they would have changed the engine up more. Equipping things is still a hassle.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 with_teeth26

@airshocker said:

So here are my impressions thus far:

The game is far more stable than the mod ever was. I haven't crashed or been disconnected in the three hours I've been playing. But it is very much an alpha. There are TONS of bugs. Zombies don't see you unless you're right on top of them, loot is either extremely rare or doesn't spawn at all, key-binding is a mess, the game is super clunky.

The best part? You can now use your mitts as a weapon, though how feasible that is I'm not sure.

The game certainly has potential, I just wish they would have changed the engine up more. Equipping things is still a hassle.

This sums up my experience with it pretty well. There is a lot of potential here but right now its hard to enjoy due to very few zombies who aren't much of a threat and very little loot.

I'm excited to see how it progresses with future updates though.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

From what I gather on the Steam Forums, it's really not worth buying right now. The mod is more complete as an actual game then the standalone release so far.

FowlBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FowlBeast
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

@with_teeth26:

Nice to see a fellow redditor in here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Lost interest long ago.

look at the missing feature list. max players 40.

pc gamers spending more money on unfinished games... and I thought consolites were milked... we seem to be the bigger suckers of late.

"invest in unfinished games" ... sigh

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Elann2008

I'm indifferent. I never really got into the original DayZ mod, but I'm hooked on this Dayz (standalone). I've run into very few and minor bugs. I've already put in 5 hours into it and I'm already losing track of time when I play it. There will be additions to the game as it progresses through alpha and beta.

I understand it isn't finished, but the base game that is there is already looking to be miles better than the original mod itself. If you lost interest, can't understand why people like it, then you're probably not a fan of DayZ. And this game was/is being made for that group of gamers. It's just like Dark Souls. It probably isn't for you.

The visuals are outstanding, the game feels fluid animation-wise, movements, controls, and plenty of settings are there. I'm excited to see what else they will add to the game in the near future.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@MBirdy88 said:

Lost interest long ago.

pc gamers spending more money on unfinished games... and I thought consolites were milked... we seem to be the bigger suckers of late.

You must be just an absolute miserable person in RL. I feel bad for whoever has to be around you.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

I'm indifferent. I never really got into the original DayZ mod, but I'm hooked on this Dayz (standalone). I've run into very few and minor bugs. I've already put in 5 hours into it and I'm already losing track of time when I play it. There will be additions to the game as it progresses through alpha and beta.

I understand it isn't finished, but the base game that is there is already looking to be miles better than the original mod itself. If you lost interest, can't understand why people like it, then you're probably not a fan of DayZ. And this game was/is being made for that group of gamers. It's just like Dark Souls. It probably isn't for you.

The visuals are outstanding, the game feels fluid animation-wise, movements, controls, and plenty of settings are there. I'm excited to see what else they will add to the game in the near future.

Sold American!!!!!!!!!! I will be buying it this evening.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

MY GOD, all I want is Stalker SoC with co-op lan/multi - nothing more.

I can't believe people actually playing that sh^t, I prefer playing L4D series.

I've been playing for about 5 min till I've decided to erase that of my HDD.

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

@mhofever said:

"Man, I spawned at a crappy area, I'll just got ahead and shoot myself in the head."

its brilliant really

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 with_teeth26

@FowlBeast said:

@with_teeth26:

Nice to see a fellow redditor in here.

I'm not on reddit... has someone stolen my name???

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It's killing me that I couldn't buy it day 1, but it happened to release the only time I have absolutely no money (right before Christmas). As someone who values the curiously rare "Risk=Reward" concept in games, gaming doesn't get any more interesting and exciting than DayZ. It's a multiplayer FPS, sandbox, and social experiment all rolled into one. I don't care if it barely works at the moment - an original, innovative game concept that barely works is far more substantial to me than a game that's unoriginal and finished. It's really refreshing when a game comes out and I can say "Hey, I haven't played something similar to this a million times already!". Rocket and his team may be slow as shit, but at least they have integrity and commitment to their vision - and when it comes down to it, these rare qualities are the most important for satisfying their unique fan base. I have no doubt that when it's finished, it will be one of the best non-competitive multiplayer FPS experiences around.

Even DayZ in it's alpha stage has been more entertaining than all the CoD's and BF's combined.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Flubbbs

if anybody wants to hook up in game, send me a friend request on steam.. Swaffles

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

@Elann2008 said:

Wow, here I am trying to save money and this isn't helping...guess I'll have to buy it.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Elann2008

@Croag821 said:

@Elann2008 said:

Wow, here I am trying to save money and this isn't helping...guess I'll have to buy it.

I'm sorry! :D

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Elann2008

@KHAndAnime said:

It's killing me that I couldn't buy it day 1, but it happened to release the only time I have absolutely no money (right before Christmas). As someone who values the curiously rare "Risk=Reward" concept in games, gaming doesn't get any more interesting and exciting than DayZ. It's a multiplayer FPS, sandbox, and social experiment all rolled into one. I don't care if it barely works at the moment - an original, innovative game concept that barely works is far more substantial to me than a game that's unoriginal and finished. It's really refreshing when a game comes out and I can say "Hey, I haven't played something similar to this a million times already!". Rocket and his team may be slow as shit, but at least they have integrity and commitment to their vision - and when it comes down to it, these rare qualities are the most important for satisfying their unique fan base. I have no doubt that when it's finished, it will be one of the best non-competitive multiplayer FPS experiences around.

Even DayZ in it's alpha stage has been more entertaining than all the CoD's and BF's combined.

Indeed. I love the "risk-reward" dynamic of the game. If it was just a hand-holding, campfire singing affair, it wouldn't be DayZ. Hell, the Alpha is very, very playable. I've run into like two common bugs and it doesn't happen enough to hamper the gameplay. Furthermore, I'm very impressed with this base game that they have released. There's already a good amount of stuff to do so I can't wait for the BETA!

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Indeed. I love the "risk-reward" dynamic of the game. If it was just a hand-holding, campfire singing affair, it wouldn't be DayZ. Hell, the Alpha is very, very playable. I've run into like two common bugs and it doesn't happen enough to hamper the gameplay. Furthermore, I'm very impressed with this base game that they have released. There's already a good amount of stuff to do so I can't wait for the BETA!

Great to hear :) I figured people who weren't die-hard fans of the mod were going to hate this. I'm a fanboy of the mod. It's one of the few games my girlfriends actually likes to play with me, because of the social dynamic. I'm picking this up tomorrow once I get my paycheck.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Elann2008

@KHAndAnime said:

@Elann2008 said:

@KHAndAnime said:

Great to hear :) I figured people who weren't die-hard fans of the mod were going to hate this. I'm a fanboy of the mod. It's one of the few games my girlfriends actually likes to play with me, because of the social dynamic. I'm picking this up tomorrow once I get my paycheck.

That's great man. If you ever need people to travel with, add me on Steam. My username is Elann 2027.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

They need to fix this unconscious thing. By the time I even find something to sustain me I'm still missing the goddamn can opener!

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Elann2008

@airshocker said:

They need to fix this unconscious thing. By the time I even find something to sustain me I'm still missing the goddamn can opener!

Yup. Agreed.

I'd like to be able to respawn if I get stuck inside/under a structure because of a bug, and not only have the choice but to shoot myself in the head with a gun (you can do that) to suicide and start over. Just let us respawn when we need. One could argue, find a zombie and just let it smack you to death, or starve (which takes forever). That's the only major hindrance right now.

Yeah can openers are pretty rare. I found two in the same room in the city last night. I was like yes! Too bad I had no syringe to use my blood bag (which is also rare). Haha. So much fun though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

I like some of the complexity, but not all of it. I don't like the can opener stuff, nor do I like how advanced you have to go to use the medical things. If I was starving the can that held what would save me WOULD NOT stop me from getting at the stuff inside. I'd smash it open with a open, or use whatever other implement I had to get it open. I think the mod hit the perfect balance of realism and gameplay.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Geminon

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Lost interest long ago.

You must be just an absolute miserable person in RL. I feel bad for whoever has to be around you.

and you must be a very gullible person IRL.... i got a bridge i can sell you really cheap. just give me 5K and it is all yours.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Elann2008

An issue I am having with the game right now is night time. Is there a phantom Janitor a.k.a. custodian technician that closes and LOCKS all the fvkin doors? LOLZ. Ok /end rant. That shit is annoying.

The performance atm has gotten worse. It was good before this "experimental" server patch.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KHAndAnime

@Geminon said:

@airshocker said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Lost interest long ago.

and you must be a very gullible person IRL.... i got a bridge i can sell you really cheap. just give me 5K and it is all yours.

I guess you have to be gullible to buy any game. You never really know what you're going to get until you play it.

You could say "read reviews", but I don't recall a single BF4 review mentioning that the game mostly didn't work at launch...