Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

So, Ive been searching around on the internet and I havent been able to figure out whether or not Ive been softbanned. I cant see signs for summoning aside from NPC summon signs, and I havent been invaded. I used to see the scarce summon sign for a human here and there but now I just dont.

Now, the reason why I think I might have been softbanned was because I was...well..swapping saves (my own saves) in and out as I tested upgrades. I was seeing what happens when I infused the Dragonslayer Crescent Axe with more lightning and when I didnt like it I changed it back but loading up a backup. I didnt think that that was a bad thing but then I read somewhere that this is called save scumming? But now Im not sure if they ban for that. If anything Im just going back in time five minutes. There are no hacks or edits going on, its just the same character from a few minutes before.

Now, aside from that I saw that "Alt-F4-ing" might also come across as bad behavior as some people do that when they get invaded to stop the invasion. I hardly get invaded as it is since I hardly play in human form I die so much. The problem is, I Alt-F4-ed just before I swapped in a previous save lol...so it might have been a double bad. I dont know.

If I did something ban-worthy then thats fine, I still get to play the game and beat the SP at least but if not, what do I do? I tried to use my Bone of Order and it told me I couldnt use it or something.

dangamit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dangamit
Member since 2010 • 664 Posts

You can still get invaded in while hollow. And yes, you are most likely banned. If you want to check, go to the bonefire at the entrance of the Iron Keep. There literally dozens of summon signs there, if you don't see any or if you can only see a couple, it means you've been banned and can only play with other banned players.

I was softbanned too because of Al+F4'ing. I did it to exit the game quickly. Had no idea it was something you get banned for.

The game bans your steam account. You can unban yourself by making a new steam account and using family view to share DS2 with your new account.

You can even transfer your save to your new account. It's a little bit tricky but it's doable.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

Have you tried the "restore link to other worlds" item?

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

@horgen said:

Have you tried the "restore link to other worlds" item?

Yea, thats the Bone of Order. I tried to use it but it says that I cant use the item at this time. Seems like that isnt the problem. I will say, however, that Ive been looking for summon signs in places where I had already beaten the boss so I now have to go find a new zone where I am just starting out to see if I can see any signs.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127501 Posts

@Gamesterpheonix: Try that, go to the Iron Keep as human. Usually many that invades or leaves a red summon sign on the first bridge there. Try joining or simply being in the bell towers and see if you get invaded.