Dark Souls 2 PC Gameplay Footage

#1 Edited by pelvist (5246 posts) -

So it looks like the screenshot showing the video settings was legit. I never really liked Dark Souls because it was too hard for me according to the fanboys on GS forums, but I know there are many people who like it and are waiting for the PC version, or just want to know how it holds up compared to the shoddy port that was Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition on PC.

Loading Video...

I havent been following this game but I have heard a lot of talk about a downgrade, is it still the case with the PC version on this footage or is this the same as what was original shown? The game is running with max settings @ 1080p in the video and though people are calling this the next gen version, it still looks last gen to me.

#2 Edited by KHAndAnime (14752 posts) -

It's extremely difficult to tell with Youtube's compression, but it seems like the PC version looks hell of a lot better. The textures look much more crisp, which was my main complaint with DS2 on the PS3. Some textures in DS2 on the PS3 looks straight out of a PS2 game, and I don't think I'm seeing any of that here.

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (12873 posts) -

Doesn't look as good as early footage. Visual downgrade. Also, pc users are being overcharged on steam with a delay.

Forcing heavy SSAO will help.

#4 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17470 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Doesn't look as good as early footage. Visual downgrade. Also, pc users are being overcharged on steam with a delay.

Forcing heavy SSAO will help.

How are they being overcharged when the PC version is $50?

#6 Posted by Gamesterpheonix (3558 posts) -

In comparison to DS1 the game looks better, runs smoothly, and is all around more crisp. BUT it does NOT look as good as it did in many of the early gameplay videos - which I dont understand. If the engine could handle it before...why not now? Im still going to get the game - especially since its running so well - but its kind of a let down not to see it in all of its glory. I hope the physics and encounters are still nice. This is one of those games where the gameplay is what makes the game so great. The PS3 and 360 versions have already proven to be good games and now a better looking version that also runs more smoothly is going to be released at a lower price...I think thats worth it. Hopefully modders can take it to another level upon release if the devs dont up the build before that.

#7 Posted by nutcrackr (12847 posts) -

Looks smoother than the first dark souls on pc

#8 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6351 posts) -

@reaper4278 said:

Graphics are fine but if this one is not playable with a mouse and keyboard they can kiss my ass, won't get a dime for me.

#9 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6351 posts) -

Looks better than console version but still not as good as initial demo . I hope the same is not the case with Watch Dogs and graphics really justify those requirements .

#10 Posted by blangenakker (2606 posts) -

Well at least its a proper port, right?

#11 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17470 posts) -

Here is a higher quality 60 fps version of that video

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-dark-souls-ii-pc/2300-8726/

#12 Posted by Horgen (111205 posts) -

I wasn't expecting anything more of that game.

#13 Posted by stizzal13 (609 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@reaper4278 said:

Graphics are fine but if this one is not playable with a mouse and keyboard they can kiss my ass, won't get a dime for me.

I kind of fill the same way. If I am going to play a difficult game, then I want a keyboard & mouse.

#14 Posted by pelvist (5246 posts) -
@stizzal13 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@reaper4278 said:

I kind of fill the same way. If I am going to play a difficult game, then I want a keyboard & mouse.

Yeah me too, tbh I might actually be tempted to give Dark Souls another go if the controls suited me. I hate playing 3D games with a controller.

#15 Posted by PredatorRules (8873 posts) -

I've bought Xbox 360 controller, useful for many games including bad ports =)

#16 Posted by soolkiki (1776 posts) -

Ugh, this looks awesome!

#17 Edited by groowagon (3030 posts) -

it doesn't look as good as the early demos, sadly. looks downright ugly imo. oh well, it's a great game nevertheless.

@reaper4278 said:

i don't give a rats ass how well the game works with KB+M this time around, since i'm gonna play it with a gamepad anyway. i prefer to play games the way they are designed to be played.

#18 Posted by Gladestone1 (5578 posts) -

Really the few posters above its a port..Why would you use a mouse n keyboard for this game..Just use a xbox 360 controller..Man some people are just thick..

#19 Posted by Horgen (111205 posts) -

@PredatorRules said:

I've bought Xbox 360 controller, useful for many games including bad ports =)

I'll use both on this game.. So I know which one suits me best.