This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Feath- (1452 posts) -

I searched for this and couldn't find a thread on it, but I was linked to an actual remake of Daggerfall in a 3d engine.

Now, it's not an amazing engine; it looks like doom really, but this still looks like alot of fun especially if you loved Daggerfall.

check it out here

#2 Posted by Erandel (1164 posts) -

Interesting article - I will check it out fully later

#3 Posted by Threesixtyci (4324 posts) -
Umm... I don't see any difference than what's in the orginal from those pics.
#4 Posted by F1_2004 (8009 posts) -
What's good about Daggerfall? The endless randomly generated land? Morrowind did pretty much everything better, tbh. If anything, someone should remake Morrowind in the Oblivion engine.
#5 Posted by fudgeblood (3165 posts) -
What's good about Daggerfall? The endless randomly generated land? Morrowind did pretty much everything better, tbh. If anything, someone should remake Morrowind in the Oblivion engine.F1_2004
Didnt someone do that and it got banned?
#6 Posted by F1_2004 (8009 posts) -
How can you ban something from the internet? I quickly googled it and there is something, but it... uh, looks a bit less than stellar.
#7 Posted by RyuRanVII (4254 posts) -

Daggerfall is a great game, even with the randomically generated stuff it's impressive and has the best skill list on the series, as well some interesting features. I think Morrowind is the best in the series, but Daggerfall comes closer. Judjing by the videos, the sprites are smoothed and the interface/controls are much better. I'll follow the development of this engine remake closely. It looks like the same thing Exult did to Ultima VII.

Thanks to bring up this project to us.

#8 Posted by jrabbit99 (2835 posts) -
interesting, looks good!