CSS update Launched!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 MrLions
Member since 2007 • 9833 Posts

Source

Thoughts?

Havnt gotten into a game yet since servers havnt updated.

The whole achievement thing and domination VIP **** dosnt bug me that much.

Friends of mine who play this game compitivily really dislike this update for some odd reason

:lol: lol at "Made climbing ladders easier"

Well.....>_> I can't say im too happy about turning this game to what TF2 is :? I could care less about being "rewareded" for doing nothing :?

the whole being forced to 66Tic rate and taking out commands that modify that seems to be questionable. tic rate affected registry of bullets if I remember correctly and the higher the better tic rate now hat 66 is the default and cant be changed headshots from around the corner don't seem to reg as they use to.

Idk this update to me seems pointless :?

But I do love the motion blur :D

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

*goes to install Counterstrike Source again*

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I was wondering if CSS was ever going to upgrade to the latest versions of the Source engine. Happy to see they did.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I finally bought it...

Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts
Steam servers are too busy. Damn you steam !
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Beat me to it. I was about to make a thread about this. Still haven't tried it yet though.

costyssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 costyssj4
Member since 2005 • 473 Posts

Just tried it. Its tough to get into servers. But there was one server i managed to get into. Too bad it had aim hackers. There was this person who had 123 to 3 kills. I spectated him and he just shot like a maniac. His camera just shook all over the place killed alot of players even through walls. Nice update.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I just tried to play the game. Any server that isn't full or password-protected, I can't connect to. The server list has changed to a TF2-esque list and it's really hard to get into them.\

UPDATE: Got into a match after trying again. Took about ten mintues to find a server that wasn't password-protected or full and another three or four to load the match. Graphics looks good, seems like a little too much bloom effect, but it could've just been that server. Another thing I noticed was significant lag, but I think that was more of a user connection issue. I think after some more servers get set up and more people get on, it'll be fine. Other than that, it is Counter-Strike. It looks like Counter-Strike, plays like Counter-Strike, and feels like Counter-Strike. All in all, pretty good update.

simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

I just tried to play the game. Any server that isn't full or password-protected, I can't connect to. The server list has changed to a TF2-esque list and it's really hard to get into them.

Phoenix534

derp, uncheck "Show Map List" or something like that in the bottom left of the server browser.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

This is one game that i might actually try to get the achievements for. I played a huge amount but i haven't played too much lately. This will get me back in.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Turned to TF2? Please elaborate. and based on what i played on the beta, i remember the hit detection being better than before.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrLions
Turned to TF2? Please elaborate. and based on what i played on the beta, i remember the hit detection being better than before. Dante2710
The statistics and stuff from Tf2 and the domination and revenge i really don't care for that stuff i just want to play Hit detection is worse from what ive been playing. mods arnt working(which i saw coming) hell even the achievements and stats are bugged I logged off and came back on to see none of my stuff had been recorded. :
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Turned to TF2? Please elaborate. and based on what i played on the beta, i remember the hit detection being better than before. MrLions
The statistics and stuff from Tf2 and the domination and revenge i really don't care for that stuff i just want to play Hit detection is worse from what ive been playing. mods arnt working(which i saw coming) hell even the achievements and stats are bugged I logged off and came back on to see none of my stuff had been recorded. :

:? It was fine during the beta, well im downloading the update right now, so i`ll see for myself in a few.
-Feath-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 -Feath-
Member since 2005 • 1452 Posts
This is a great update because the hit detection is light years better than the 2004 source engine. This is a terrible update because there is a ton of negative mouse acceleration for some reason. They both cancel each other out, so we're left with the same game plus some "higher resolution" textures and features that I personally enjoy but no-one else really does. Wahoo.
MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrLions
-_-....well it must be the servers im on cause I do not know what you guys are talking about a good hit detection :? Or maybe I was so bad at aiming before update that i got kills and now with the update im bad at the game :?
maddogmark25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 maddogmark25
Member since 2003 • 3632 Posts
People complained about not getting any updates Now that an update comes, updating the engine, fixing hitboxes and adding achievements, people still complain. Most servers havent even gotten the update yet, the same mods that we all know and love will be available eventually...peeps need to chill da you know what out
simardbrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 simardbrad
Member since 2004 • 2355 Posts

no matter what happens to counter-strike, the players will complain. Counter-Strike Source is one of the worst communities online.

Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts

So far it's not too bad of an update. Not any problems for me yet.

matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts

My first impression was good. The graphics seemed a tad better, and my average FPS has jumped from 60-100 to around 200 on dust2 (although my stress test FPS was much worse for some reason).

I noticed that only one of my favorite servers had been updated, so I joined that. First thing i notice is that the tickrate is now capped at 66. This doesn't really bother me, since I never noticed too much difference between 66 and 100 tick in the 2004 engine either.

When I first got going, I noticed there was a massive amount of lag almost constantly. Almost everyone was stuttering and hopping around, and I had a few massive frame rate drops where the game would almost appear to freeze for a second. The killcam wasn't really what I was expecting either. The UI looks like it's taken from a bad mod (it doesn't fit with the rest of the game very well), and it doesn't provide useful information like hits and damage inflicted.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Motion Blur? FAIL. Can't they understand, this thingie doesn't make the FPS games better but exactly the opposite. All achievements and VIP stuff seem pointless to me...
matte3560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 matte3560
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
[QUOTE="Crimsader"]Motion Blur? FAIL. Can't they understand, this thingie doesn't make the FPS games better but exactly the opposite. All achievements and VIP stuff seem pointless to me...

Motion blur is off by default, and it's a feature of the OB engine. No point in taking it out when some people do actually like to play with it.
True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#22 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Does anyone know the approximate download size of the update patch?

sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sn4k3_64
Member since 2007 • 1134 Posts

Does anyone know the approximate download size of the update patch?

True_Sounds
1.9gb i think..
sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sn4k3_64

well thats the size i have on my update

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

sn4k3_64

Wow that's about the size of the original game, must be a real overhaul

sn4k3_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sn4k3_64

[QUOTE="sn4k3_64"]

True_Sounds

Wow that's about the size of the original game, must be a real overhaul

Yeah i know its massive, and to be honest as a css player I dont see much point in this update. I mean yeah its sounding pretty cool, but if there gonna update the game, why not just make a few tweaks, especially on the hitboxes, if they could fix those it would be a hell of a lot better, lets see how it is in the patch..the download is taking ages though :P
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
I remember back in the day when people played MP FPS for fun and not for stupid achievements or a garbage rpg-like system.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Obviously the only fun to be had in a shooter is to frag the opposition.

BLKR4330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BLKR4330
Member since 2006 • 1698 Posts

I remember back in the day when people played MP FPS for fun and not for stupid achievements or a garbage rpg-like system.ampiva

i have to agree with this. the new useless stat pop-ups and achievements really kill the no-nonsense vibe the game used to have and as far as i'm concerned was really one of it's major selling points. i also can't really imagine it will help teamplay (which is already often an issue in online games) if your teammate cares more about killing someone with his un-zoomed sniper rifle (or worse) in stead of watching your back, which is bound to happen. i don't care for achievements in single player games but they really have no business in multiplayer games if you ask me - you're dead and your team just got wiped out but wait, all is not lost cause you were all wearing the same uniform! have an achievement! woohoo! :P

also: does anyone know why the console has been disabled? i thought it used to be enabled by default in css.. is there a way around this?

Obviously the only fun to be had in a shooter is to frag the opposition.

Baranga

you appear to limit yourself to a very narrow definition of fun. work on that and improve your life by at least 6.4 % guaranteed!

MrLions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrLions

Anyone try scrimming or playing competivily yet? I've heard a lot of sad pandas in vent yelling cause nothing is reging and lag spikes

shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
The flashlight alone makes it awesome.