Crysis Warhead patch

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts

This game is great. I have had no problems or anything, and I was just wondering if there is an OFFICIAL patch out. I googled it and there were some patches but I wasn't sure if they were official or not.

Anyways, game is great. :D I love it, very nice explosions. If only I could run it better and see it's true graphics. It's graphics are still really good, but some of the screenshots I've seen, and just wow.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

This game is great. I have had no problems or anything, and I was just wondering if there is an OFFICIAL patch out. I googled it and there were some patches but I wasn't sure if they were official or not.

Anyways, game is great. :D I love it, very nice explosions. If only I could run it better and see it's true graphics. It's graphics are still really good, but some of the screenshots I've seen, and just wow.

bedram793

so if yer not haveing problems then why do you need a patch?

Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Because sometimes patches are required to get new features etc or to add on to existing features or make the game run better????? maybe ????? they dont just fix problems. And to play any game online these days you have to be at the most current patch version, at least to find enough servers to play in.
btw OP, check filefront.com they are great about getting patches on to their website asap so i usually use them to see if there are any new ones (especially since there is no wait queue and there is no bandwidth cap on download speeds) just search warhead on the left side search bar :)
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
There are no patches for Warhead yet. But Crytek is working on one, one which I understand is supposedly going to add 64-bit support for Warhead (among other things, I'm sure).
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

But Crytek is working on one, one which I understand is supposedly going to add 64-bit support for Warhead (among other things, I'm sure).JP_Russell

Warhead runs fine on x64 machine, so by *support* it means what: runs more smoothly or make it look better? if they can pull off something they do with Far Cry x64 patch (or whatever it's called), it'd be mighty impressive, but I doubt it'll be that elaborate.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JP_Russell
The game is apparently having trouble working for many people with 64-bit OS's. I don't know the details, I just know it's supposed to be a widespread issue.
hypertqsport

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 hypertqsport
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts
I have vista home basic 64-bit and its much smoother than crysis :) And has never crashed on me or give me any problems except the problem that its about 3 hours long :(
Krayzie_3334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Krayzie_3334
Member since 2006 • 1303 Posts

The first Patch is supposed to have the [ Bin64 ] for X64 support and the Warheads Sandbox.

a x64 OS runs fine on Warhead, but Warhead is only in 32bit at the moment, and on MyCrysis.com, One of the Crytek Dev said they wasn't able to get both of them on launch so they was working on the Patch, If it being the first patch not 100% sure though but they was working on it.

bedram793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 bedram793
Member since 2006 • 1741 Posts
OK, thanks for the help guys. Also, so they are working on a Warheads Sandbox? Will I be able to run that (I have 32 bit). I read somewhere it works on 32 bit but you don't get all the features of it. Only 64 bit gets all the features. Is that true?
teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

The first Patch is supposed to have the [ Bin64 ] for X64 support and the Warheads Sandbox.

a x64 OS runs fine on Warhead, but Warhead is only in 32bit at the moment...

Krayzie_3334

well, that's my question, will a x64 exe. make the game run more smothly or look better on x64 OS? even if it's x86 only now, the game runs fine on x64 (which means that it does support x64)...if the new Bin64 doesn't make any difference, what exactly is the point...just make it officially support x64?

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JP_Russell

OK, thanks for the help guys. Also, so they are working on a Warheads Sandbox? Will I be able to run that (I have 32 bit). I read somewhere it works on 32 bit but you don't get all the features of it. Only 64 bit gets all the features. Is that true?bedram793

No.

[QUOTE="Krayzie_3334"]

a x64 OS runs fine on Warhead, but Warhead is only in 32bit at the moment...

teardropmina

well, that's my question, will a x64 exe. make the game run more smothly or look better on x64 OS? even if it's x86 only now, the game runs fine on x64 (which means that it does support x64)...if the new Bin64 doesn't make any difference, what exactly is the point...just make it officially support x64?

Any 64-bit app, provided it's running on a 64-bit OS and processor, will perform better than if it were only designed as a 32-bit app.

ezrock212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ezrock212
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

This game needs a patch to address some memory leak issues. So far I've spotted close to 400mb's of leaked memory on my system. The 64-bit support will be very welcome too.

Cerebyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Cerebyss
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

Under Vista Ultimate 64, I get crap framerates running in DX10 (dual core + sli 8800gts). DX9 mode is butter smooth though, but I do notice severe memory leaks as well after playing for more than an hour causing me to restart the game. I think it's total BS that they release a product without the 64bit executable. I guess they don't figure 64bit OSses make up a large enough segment of the market share but still... just like the report of Fable 2 initially releasing without online co-op, more and more games are being released missing features. I appreciate the fact that these features get added eventually, but I feel sorry for someone who buys a game on release day only to discover something they may consider vital to their gaming experience has not yet been included.

I don't feel consumers should have to start doing research to find out if game X has all reported features on release day or not, just to find what was or wasn't cut. Sadly, since the games industry has become such a huge money making monster, harnessed by large developers who force release dates to milk the most out of any given financial quarter, this trend is only getting worse. It's already started to bleed into console game releases, allowing a far greater number of bug-ridden, unpolished games into the market than I can recall during the glory days of certain consoles, which shall remain unnamed at the risk of starting a flamewar...

Don't even get me started about the lack of split-screen co-op in most console games these days... @#%#@%@# sorry off topic.

Oblivion470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Oblivion470
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

I got Vista 64 bit too. Horrible poerformance. I got a 8800gts and quad core.

One of my best friends has a 8600GT on Vista 32bit and he can run the game on high.. I can run it on low and still get lots of framerate issues.

rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts

If there isn't a patch mentioned on crymod.com, there isn't a patch out yet.

(There isn't one mentioned on crymod, I just checked.)

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Don't even get me started about the lack of split-screen co-op in most console games these days... @#%#@%@# sorry off topic.Cerebyss
Takes a ton of effort still, apparently. :( I saw a comment last week that most of the people adding split-screen campaign support to their FPS end up spending ~25% of their time on the game on the coop alone. I also suspect that a lot of games also stress the consoles too much for split-screen just in terms of resources. I can't think of a single open-world game on this generation that does split screen (Just Cause, Mercs2, GTA4, Crackdown, Burnout Paradise, etc) even if they do co-op. Maybe Test Drive Unlimited did it?
Gooeykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Gooeykat
Member since 2006 • 3412 Posts
[QUOTE="bedram793"]

JangoWuzHere

Because if you're a pc gamer, you love patches, even if they don't fix anything. Duh

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="bedram793"]

Gooeykat

Because if you're a pc gamer, you love patches, even if they don't fix anything. Duh

actually i do - sad but true.
Kantast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kantast
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="bedram793"]

Gooeykat

patches fix stuff. that's part of how you define a patch. even if you don't experience real problems what if a patch just gave you a couple more fps? - or fixed a security issue that you had been lucky enough to avoid so far? there must a billion trillion reasons why you'd might like to keep updated. and if you really can't think of any yourself go find one in the changelog.

patching = good

Starsailor_IT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Starsailor_IT
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
I can't wait for the patch since the game often crashes on my pc (Vista 32 + 8800 GT) especially on the last signleplayer level. That's why a patch is needed in this case. In other cases it's for new multiplayer maps and content, but I doubt they will appear in the first patch. moral of the story, in hardware consuming games like this patches are always more than welcome.:D