crysis cloacking mechanism

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leonid313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leonid313
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

hi

in the game of Crysis, as you all know theres a stealth mode, that makes you invisable to others..

now, im really iterested of how exacly this works..

lets look at the facts..

when youre in the cloack mode, if you run, "your energy" drain really fast.. on the other hand if you dont move it drains really slow..

also, when you fire while in cloack mode, the "energy" drains completly and youre visible again.

so, if to think of that, the cloack mode, is more of a way to get yourslef unnoticed, [kinda like in doctor who if you know what im talking about].

now i understand, it was made like this so the player wouldnt be invinsble.. but if you think about from the in-game point of view, how you think it could be explained?

face_ripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 face_ripper
Member since 2010 • 968 Posts

Your second fact is wrong.

The energy doesn't drain if your standing still, but if you look around it drains.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Your second fact is wrong.

The energy doesn't drain if your standing still, but if you look around it drains.

face_ripper

Yes it does although it drains fairly slowly. I've always played the game in Delta Mode. The cloak always drains. Of course, I'm referring to the blue energy readout.

demonic_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 demonic_85
Member since 2009 • 1395 Posts

press the 4 key and sometimes it works.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
It's balanced well so gamers do not abuse it and combat is more challenging this way. I like it and I wouldn't change it in any way. It's a way for you to stealth around unnoticed. You can choose to go in stealth, run as far as you can to reach a rock and duck behind it. Regen your blue energy and rinse repeat.
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

If you want to kill while cloaked the best bet is to take aim for a headshot. Then De-cloak fire and Re-cloak again. If you are quick you won't be spotted and you just got yourself a nice way to hun down the enemy on Delta and survive.

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

I don't quite understand what you mean.

It seems to me you are trying to explain how the cloak works, physically, scientifically, how it actually makes you invisible?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
The galactic banana juice, that powers your suit, shakes down from your boots when you use firearms. Yeah man, i know it sucks but i hear nanosuit 2.0 comes eqipped with duckt tape to fix this. did you know; this particular juice is provided by The Predators' Juice Squeezery Co.
hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

I guess since to be invisible you must not Reflect or Absorb light, moving would make it much more tougher on the hardware preventing it. Also if you were to shoot a gun, wouldn't there be some sort of light coming off of it, so you wouldnt be invisible anymore?