Crysis 3 hardware requirements have been adjusted.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -

I know there was another thread posted by mitu earlier this year around august but it seems as though the specifications have been updated since then. The new specs below.

Minimum System Operating Requirements for PC:
Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1Gb Video RAM
Dual core CPU
2GB Memory (3GB on Vista)
Example 1 (Nvidia/Intel):
Nvidia GTS 450
Intel Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (E6600)
Example 2 (AMD):
AMD Radeon HD5770
AMD Athlon64 X2 2.7 Ghz (5200+)

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC:
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
Quad core GPU
4GB Memory
Nvidia GTX 560
Intel Core i3-530
Example 2 (AMD):
AMD Radeon HD5870
AMD Phenom II X2 565

Hi-Performance PC Specifications:
Latest DirectX 11 graphics card
Latest quad core CPU
8GB Memory
NVidia GTX 680
Intel Core i7-2600k
Example 2 (AMD):
AMD Radeon HD7970
AMD Bulldozer FX4150

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/buy

#2 Posted by biggest_loser (24224 posts) -
Ha-ha! I can still play it on recommended! Thats if I want to play and they've fixed some of the mistakes of the other games. I'll be consulting people about it when it comes out!!
#3 Posted by darksusperia (6945 posts) -
yea they're not completely absurd. Im curious if this one will be the pc killing successor everyone keeps hoping for with those high end req's. Nonetheless Im excited for it, even if its still linear. ;)
#4 Posted by nutcrackr (13027 posts) -
Crysis 2.1 in an overgrown city. prepare yourselves.
#5 Posted by IcyToasters (12476 posts) -

Ha-ha! I can still play it on recommended! Thats if I want to play and they've fixed some of the mistakes of the other games. I'll be consulting people about it when it comes out!! biggest_loser

looks like they've improved some things, but yeah ):
(for me it's mostly just Crysis 2 that I've got problems with. I like Crysis/Warhead enough that it might make me a bit bias)

lots of things I don't really like are in there. not necessarily bad things, but my preference.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
I just hope it's a good game this time. Nice, demanding graphics would be great but hopefully the game will be a lot better than Crysis 2.
#7 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4919 posts) -
I just hope it's a good game this time. Nice, demanding graphics would be great but hopefully the game will be a lot better than Crysis 2.Elann2008
I thought Crysis 2 was a good game bogged down by a lot of technical issues. No graphics options and the fov was almost sickening.
#8 Posted by Mrcod11 (3059 posts) -

Nice, I'm above the hi-performance specs. Can't wait to play this thing maxed out.

#9 Posted by Basinboy (12451 posts) -

Under in only one regard, running a 670 as opposed to a 680. Guess it's time to upgrade already :P

#10 Posted by ferret-gamer (17476 posts) -
What is with an i5/i7 being matched with a low end bulldozer recently? Far Cry 3 did the same thing. They aren't even close to the same performance.
#11 Posted by ShimmerMan (4584 posts) -

Why do they recommend an i7, does this game make use of hyperthreading?

#12 Posted by kraken2109 (13271 posts) -

Why do they recommend an i7, does this game make use of hyperthreading?

ShimmerMan
Crytek bribed by intel to sell expensive CPUs confirmed
#13 Posted by DevilMightCry (3547 posts) -
The Alpha build was running horrible when I played it. Not even on max setting I was getting framerates as low as 5fps. And alpha didnt even have most dx11 features. On medium it ran somewhat consistent 50-60fps. I hope that's just because of drivers.
#14 Posted by lockjaw333 (1743 posts) -
[QUOTE="Elann2008"]I just hope it's a good game this time. Nice, demanding graphics would be great but hopefully the game will be a lot better than Crysis 2.Toxic-Seahorse
I thought Crysis 2 was a good game bogged down by a lot of technical issues. No graphics options and the fov was almost sickening.

I never realized that but I think you're right. Thats why Crysis 2 just always felt so off...the FOV is extremely narrow. Everything always felt chopped and tunnel visioned. As FPS go it was a pretty good game, and the graphics if you were able to take advantage of DX11 and high res textures were pretty amazing, although I still prefer Crysis 1 graphically. Just felt like that whle sandbox feel from Crysis 1 wasn't there...there were a few ways to tackle each scenario and they basically amounted to "sneak this way and get a drop on them" or "asplodez these barrels and go all out firefight". Really hoping Crysis 3 is closer to 1 than 2.
#15 Posted by DevilMightCry (3547 posts) -
^^ From what I can tell, it's not going to be like Crysis. More like C2 with a bit more freedom as far as paths go. But then again, C2 had paths also. C3 will be a story driven game, not sandbox driven like Crysis, in order to accomodate console gamers.
#16 Posted by ionusX (25755 posts) -

intel got pwned haha amd faildozer gets yet another shot in the arse in on intel

#17 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

intel got pwned haha amd faildozer gets yet another shot in the arse in on intel

ionusX

what fantasy land are you living in?

#18 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

wis3boi

He is just a AMD fanboi...but in rest is a decent person :)

#19 Posted by Malta_1980 (11890 posts) -

Looks like i can enjoy Crysis3 on decent settings with my current PC...

#20 Posted by mhofever (3960 posts) -

Crysis 2.1 in an overgrown city. prepare yourselves.nutcrackr

That's pretty much what the multiplayer felt like. I didn't see any major changes in terms of controls, gameplay and interface.

#21 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

I know there was another thread posted by mitu earlier this year around august but it seems as though the specifications have been updated since then. The new specs below.

Recommended System Operating Requirements for PC:
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB Video RAM
Quad core GPU
4GB Memory
Nvidia GTX 560
Intel Core i3-530
Example 2 (AMD):
AMD Radeon HD5870
AMD Phenom II X2 565

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/buy

darksusperia

Quad Core GPUs... Crytek lives in the future don't they.

#22 Posted by ionusX (25755 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

rhazzy

He is just a AMD fanboi...but in rest is a decent person :)

u mad? you know what with the 1100t outscoring the 2600k by 10fps undert the same settings using the same gpu

9yoNG.png

sh!t it kicked the arse of the intel system with only THREE CORES ENABLED

pD86d.png

granted this is fixed on the 3570k but its appears that sandybridge is inferior to thuban in a stock vs stock fight (@ 1080P)

2600k /w 7970 ge: 36.8fps

1100t /w 7970GE: 47fps

id go on but the 3570k outscores the 2600k by a whopping 19fps. perhaps its something to do with a lack of testing on sandybridge or a glitch in the programming. but sandybridge cant stack up it would seem

in fact the only case SB and ib showed up amd in the comparisons was when they had to butcher (and i mean butcher) the resolution and take it down to barely 720p

FC3-Test-CPUs.png

so i guess you are the one in fantasy land as it seems to be that with 1080p being the norm for most folks (or most resolutions above true 720p) im singing as true as an arrow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIgMQl5Qykw

try again

#23 Posted by ShimmerMan (4584 posts) -

A 7970/680 and an i7 doesn't score 36 FPS on the final release of FC3 with no AA, anyone who believes this are as stupid as you are. The first benchmark you posted was a "Review" copy of the game (says so clearly on the image next to "Far Cry 3"). That is why the scailing is so poor. An i7 2600k scores over 50 FPS on the retail release.

The final Benchmark you posted was a "CPU benchmark" which is why they lowered the resolution. And it's obvious from the results that Intel smashes AMD.

#24 Posted by rhazzy (1516 posts) -

@ionuX...So you made a fool out of yourself...Why are you even posting?You know that the whole forum is going to laugh at you...you dont have any knowledge regarding hardware or anything related to that...i can understand fanboysm to a certain degree...but you are trowing sh!t in your image intentionally!!!

Is this a new thing, a trend...where if you make retarded comments and post retarded benchmarks on forums you are considered cool?

You are a decent person from what i talked to you on steam...iam sorry to see how you are making a fool out of yourself

P.S. Just for your basic knowledge : AMD Phenom x6 1100T VS. Intel i7 2600k

P.S. 2 I have FarCry 3 and i have the exact settings as "PC Gamer Hardware" and i get around 50+ fps with ups and downs...the lowest beeing 42 and the highest 60.

#25 Posted by DevilMightCry (3547 posts) -
Stay civil guys. No need for it. People are sometimes misinformed.
#26 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

People are sometimes misinformed.DevilMightCry

over and over again for years and years :P

#27 Posted by Wasdie (52628 posts) -

I can play it on high specs. I have 2 570s in SLI. That should be enough for 1080p.

#28 Posted by PublicNuisance (4582 posts) -

As far as I know the FX-4150 hasn't arrived yet for retail, at least not anywhere I looked, weird how they would use that. Also funny how it's an I7 for Intel when an I5 would still be more powerful than a FX-4150. Is Crysis 3 going to be an AMD Gaming Evolved title ?

#29 Posted by mitu123 (154997 posts) -

I can play it on high specs. I have 2 570s in SLI. That should be enough for 1080p.

Wasdie

Are your 570s 2.5GB?

#30 Posted by Wasdie (52628 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

mitu123

Are your 570s 2.5GB?

Just 1.2. I wish they were bigger. I can't play across my 3 monitors because I don't have enough vRAM.

#31 Posted by JohnF111 (14186 posts) -
I'm between Recommended and Hi-Perf... Closer to Hi-Perf though so should be playing it quite well if I were to get the game.
#32 Posted by Fizzman (9892 posts) -

Look forward to playing it at2560 x 1440. Crysis 2 runs at a steady 120+FPS with everything set to max, so i am hoping Crysis 3 runs better than 70-80FPS.

#33 Posted by jack00 (4072 posts) -
I got everything but the CPU, I hope I still will be able to play it decently on highest settings. What do you think ?
#34 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

Are your 570s 2.5GB?

Just 1.2. I wish they were bigger. I can't play across my 3 monitors because I don't have enough vRAM.

Are you looking to sell soon? Sucks that you are limited by vram or else that setup would have been golden.

Avatar image for deactivated-579f651eab962
#35 Posted by deactivated-579f651eab962 (5404 posts) -

I like that SLI/CF setups will run even better, thats always good news. lol!

#36 Posted by Wasdie (52628 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] Are your 570s 2.5GB?

Elann2008

Are you looking to sell soon? Sucks that you are limited by vram or else that setup would have been golden.

I'm waiting for the GTX 700 series sometime next year. So few games are worth playing at 5760x1080 anyways.

#37 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="Elann2008"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

I'm waiting for the GTX 700 series sometime next year. So few games are worth playing at 5760x1080 anyways.

dat res....D:

#38 Posted by trastamad03 (4859 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Are you looking to sell soon? Sucks that you are limited by vram or else that setup would have been golden.

wis3boi

dat res....D:

I don't know how you guys deal with the bezels... I find them distracting and annoying... But, ya, I'm also waiting for the GTX 700 series. Might SLI them from the get go as well.
#39 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

trastamad03

dat res....D:

I don't know how you guys deal with the bezels... I find them distracting and annoying... But, ya, I'm also waiting for the GTX 700 series. Might SLI them from the get go as well.

It's one trade-off for another, I suppose. :P I really can't stand the bezels either but I could understand that some people like the wide-range look and feel of it that it's worth dealing with some annoying factors like the bezels. For me personally, I prefer just one big screen, 30" monitor max. It's not so simple though, because I am waiting for 700 series, so that's a huge monitor and GPU upgrade. Lots of $$$.
#40 Posted by KHAndAnime (17137 posts) -
I wonder how my i7 930 @ 3.8ghz, 6GB RAM, and Gigabyte GTX 670 OC will perform.
#41 Posted by Toxic-Seahorse (4919 posts) -
I wonder how my i7 930 @ 3.8ghz, 6GB RAM, and Gigabyte GTX 670 OC will perform. KHAndAnime
I play with everything on max except MSAA which is set to 4 with an average FPS of 40 with a worse GPU and CPU, you should be fine.
#42 Posted by mitu123 (154997 posts) -

[QUOTE="trastamad03"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

dat res....D:

Elann2008

It's one trade-off for another, I suppose. :P I really can't stand the bezels either but I could understand that some people like the wide-range look and feel of it that it's worth dealing with some annoying factors like the bezels. For me personally, I prefer just one big screen, 30" monitor max. It's not so simple though, because I am waiting for 700 series, so that's a huge monitor and GPU upgrade. Lots of $$$.

I so want a 30 inch.:(