This topic is locked from further discussion.

Un_Ordinateur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Un_Ordinateur
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

I'm setting up the Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU cooler, and I'm not sure which way to install the fan. Should it be on the side of the cooler facing the back of the case, blowing air off of the heatsink out the back of the case, or should it be on the side facing the front of the case, blowing cool air onto the heatsink? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nd5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nd5000
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

The fan should be blowing air through the heatsink out the back of the case. The fan should be blowing air over the heatsink and out the back. If your case has a outtake fan on the top of the case, blowing the air over the heatsink out the top is better. If you don't have a top outtake, blow it out the back.

carios23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carios23
Member since 2002 • 898 Posts
My current setup is push-pull so I have two fans. One pushin air to the heatsink and one pulling it out of the case.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
If you just have one fan, place it on the side of the cooler to the front of the case, blowing through the heatsink to the back of the case. If you have 2 fans, then mount them front and back in a push / pull setup - both fans working in the same direction to draw air from the front of the case, through the heatsink and out the back of the case.
Un_Ordinateur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Un_Ordinateur
Member since 2009 • 296 Posts

Thank you all for your input. Because I have fans on the top of my case, I'll reposition the cooler so that it has a fan blowing through the heatsink out the top, and one on the other side of the heatsink also blowing air up (push/pull). The reason I could not do this before was because of rediculous size of my heatsink (Prolimatech Megahalems are massive) blocked two of my RAM slots with a fan attatched on that side. But it's good to know I can flip it and have it blowing out the top.