Counter Strike Source issue

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wantfastcars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 wantfastcars
Member since 2008 • 4186 Posts

Hi! I was recently given a copy of Counter Strike: Source from my friend for my Mac. I installed it, and ran it, and playd it once. Note: I already had Half-Life 2 installed at this point. Now, when I try to run it, the screen fades to black, then comes back (still with that blue-ish tinge Mac screens get for games) and says:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\css\hl2.exe

This application has requested that the runtime terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I figured the GameSpot community would be a good substitute for the support team (And would work a great deal faster). Note that Half-Life 2 had been installed and had been run prior to my first, and only, successful use of Counter Strike Source. Any way to fix this, or does anyone know why Half-Life is blocking Counter Strike?

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
In such case, I'd do what the message says: "Contact the application's support team". Try installing a newer version of Microsoft C++ and if the problem remains...
wantfastcars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wantfastcars
Do you have any idea where I could find Microsoft C++ for Mac? A quick Google search did not seem to get the desired results.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Do you have any idea where I could find Microsoft C++ for Mac? A quick Google search did not seem to get the desired results. wantfastcars
Assuming it's a MS product, I'd hardly find it for Mac too. Anyway, let me get this right. You can play Half-Life 2, but you can't play CS: Source?
wantfastcars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wantfastcars
Yes. And I COULD play CSS. I tried re-booting, removing hl2.exe from that folder, can't figure it out.