Could there be something wrong with my PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister_Mackey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mister_Mackey
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts

I use Firefox and lately I've been having several problems with it.

There is a lot of delay when loading videos and certain web pages.

There have been a lot of instances where I will open a session and it will be an all white screen instead of the normal Firefox screen.

There have also been a lot of instances where I will open Firefox and it will say something about an error occured and it asks me if I want to start a new session or re-open a previous session.

Also, just a few minutes ago, I got an alert saying that Firefox was using a high amount of disk space, which is weird because I was just visiting the same sites I always do (Hotmail, Gmail, GameFAQs and Gamespot). I wasn't watching any videos or anything like that.

I have visited a couple of sites lately that I thought were safe but I think ended up trying to attack my computer (one site called pwinsider.net and another called caws.ws). I'm wondering if my computer may be infected, although I do have Norton Internet Security so I don't see how this would happen.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

First you should try uninstalling and reinstalling firefox.

egger7577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 egger7577
Member since 2004 • 721 Posts

Second uninstall Norton because it's crap and most viruses are designed to exploit it. Next download Avast antivirus for free, trust me amazing program.

MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts

Second uninstall Norton because it's crap and most viruses are designed to exploit it. Next download Avast antivirus for free, trust me amazing program.

egger7577
i have to agree,avast is really good, and norton is complete crap. i use multiple lines of defense: avast, sophos, spybot and spyware blaster and i have never had a single virus or conflicts from them
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i prfer 1 kill all solution to my problems.. f-secure ftw!

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

Microsoft Security Essentials wut wut

marcthpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 marcthpro
Member since 2003 • 7927 Posts

i never ad issue with symantec anti virus since 2005 about exploit unsolvable however i do like how microsoft security essential and malwares bytes in safe mode does clean all the virus that i ad off with ease and it not a bloated software like i ad with northon 360 for free trial but i wouldn't call it one of the worst if you have the most update virus and software : Still think the antivirus like that are overkill and priced version when free solution that solve it all

but the antivirus software i hated the most was mc cafee couldn't fix anything as far i remember it and came free with my own-build pc in 2007 it was a bloated piece of software also as far i remember

but you should run microsoft security essential and see full scan and if doesn't detect ur problem try malwares byte if ur problem still persist i suggest window seven forum they have solved half of my problem just by reading a thread of someone else and not even ad to post and wait a few days

but i suggest you also see how much ram consume ur hardware during those issue or how much free space you have on the OS HDD which os often C:/ as you complain of sluggish performances because i ad this with my mom window vista laptop and all i ad to do is clean some space and run a registery fix from cc cleaner