Corsair announces the 900D Special Beige Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (31737 posts) -

Doesn't get any better than this!

484103_557436067629819_1888736160_n.png

http://www.corsair.com/us/900d-seb?utm_source=Corsair&utm_medium=FacebookTwitter&utm_content=ProductLink&utm_campaign=900D-SEB

#2 Posted by bobbetybob (19298 posts) -
That actually looks pretty classy (OK not so much when you put it next to the monitor and keyboard) pretty funny April Fools joke though.
#3 Posted by General_X (9128 posts) -
Ironically I can see this April Fools joke being appealing to some people, especially those who still use CRTs and IBM Model M mechanical keyboards.
#4 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

That's actually pretty awesome haha. Good one, Corsair ;)

#5 Posted by Allicrombie (25560 posts) -
"For people easily offended by real colors, now there's beige." "Now your computer can match your personality."
#6 Posted by topgunmv (10381 posts) -
Was there a practical reason computers all used to be beige?
#7 Posted by General_X (9128 posts) -
Was there a practical reason computers all used to be beige?topgunmv
I haven't confirmed if it's true but I've heard that it was because most things in early offices were beige so it was to match the decor, and beige allegedly doesn't change color over time as bad as say, white (with the plastics they were using back then).
#10 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Damn.. I was hoping this wasn't a joke. It actually looks nice.
#11 Posted by Marfoo (5994 posts) -
[QUOTE="topgunmv"]Was there a practical reason computers all used to be beige?General_X
I haven't confirmed if it's true but I've heard that it was because most things in early offices were beige so it was to match the decor, and beige allegedly doesn't change color over time as bad as say, white (with the plastics they were using back then).

Yep, white plastic tends to turn yellow as it oxidizes (my SNES is testament to that). They used to add blue to it to offset the yellow but eventually it all just turns beige.
#12 Posted by Horgen (111254 posts) -
Damn.. I was hoping this wasn't a joke. It actually looks nice.Elann2008
It kinda does yes.
#13 Posted by kraken2109 (13239 posts) -

Nice April Fool's.

Could go well with a pair of 598s for the older gamer.

HD_598_new.jpg

#14 Posted by bobbetybob (19298 posts) -

Nice April Fool's.

HD_598_new.jpg

kraken2109
I was gonna mention that, that's what it reminded me off. Not sure why companies don't try and make premium cases, cream finish with wood paneling on the front, something stupid like that.
#15 Posted by kraken2109 (13239 posts) -
[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Nice April Fool's.

HD_598_new.jpg

bobbetybob
I was gonna mention that, that's what it reminded me off. Not sure why companies don't try and make premium cases, cream finish with wood paneling on the front, something stupid like that.

There are quite a few cool looking casemods involving wood. One day i'd like to DIY myself a wooden case.
#16 Posted by Gammit10 (2305 posts) -
"For people easily offended by real colors, now there's beige." "Now your computer can match your personality."Allicrombie
LOL That picture brings me back to when white cases were avant-garde.
#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3925 posts) -

Lol, that's pretty hilarious. :P

Either way, Coolermaster make better cases.

#18 Posted by kraken2109 (13239 posts) -

Lol, that's pretty hilarious. :P

Either way, Coolermaster make better cases.

Cyberdot
Coolermaster don't make anything that can compare to the 900D (EDIT: maybe cosmos...) I don't think they look as nice either.
#19 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14457 posts) -

I like the vintage look. Too bad it isn't real. :(

#20 Posted by Amster_G (4290 posts) -

I haven't confirmed if it's true but I've heard that it was because most things in early offices were beige so it was to match the decor, and beige allegedly doesn't change color over time as bad as say, white (with the plastics they were using back then).General_X

Everything in the 80's/early 90's was brown or beige. Then things turned grey and white... then eventually we got black glossy products :P or aluminum (Apple).