Connection interference help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

My cable modem is downstairs and I run my laptop, 360, and ps3 wirelessly in my bedroom. I notice that I am getting much slower speeds when I cross the threshold for my room. Right outside my room I can get up to 50mbps but when I walk in my room it drops drastically down to the 3-5mbps range. This just started recently and I haven't added any new electronics in my room. Any ideas what could be interferring?

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Had much rain recently?

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

Had much rain recently?

GTR12
not in the past few days but how would that affect the speeds just in my bedroom?
amphitheater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amphitheater
Member since 2011 • 128 Posts

My cable modem is downstairs and I run my laptop, 360, and ps3 wirelessly in my bedroom. I notice that I am getting much slower speeds when I cross the threshold for my room. Right outside my room I can get up to 50mbps but when I walk in my room it drops drastically down to the 3-5mbps range. This just started recently and I haven't added any new electronics in my room. Any ideas what could be interferring?

Thomasdeleo
Maybe a brick wall or cement wall is interfering the wireless signal?
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

[QUOTE="GTR12"]

Had much rain recently?

Thomasdeleo

not in the past few days but how would that affect the speeds just in my bedroom?

Just wondering if there are cracks in the roof which has seeped through and is in between the walls.