This topic is locked from further discussion.

assassin_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 assassin_9
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

Just wondering which game you guys like best. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Unreal Tournament 3. Thx.

bobstos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 bobstos
Member since 2003 • 2964 Posts
CoD 4, by far. there is just so much more to CoD than that of UT3... shouldn't even be a competition.
Lgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Lgy
Member since 2003 • 849 Posts
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

It matters not which is better; what matters, my brothers, is that we're not lemmings, cows or sheep.

We're all foxes. Or cayotes. Is that how you spell it? Cayotes? Weird word, I feel like i'm talking to my native indian ancestor, Torkiuoisy. No, wait, the other one.

themitko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 themitko
Member since 2005 • 105 Posts
COD4 for a great single player ......now about the mutiplayer: COD4 is slower paced and UT3 is fast and chaotics but really fun. Not saying COD4 isn't fun its just slower. If you are into multiplayer more then check out UT3 because it was built for it, If you like a good single player story and a more realistic game then COD4 is the answer. So I guess I like them both for different reasons and both are great games which shouldn't be compared on the same level
Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#6 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts
UT3 on Duel mode in the map fear i think it's called, otherwise then they both sukc and play TF2 or CSS.
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
Don't get UT3.....noone is playing it online :( Unfortunately it's true.....I own both games, and I love both, but like I said noone seems to play UT3. The most I've seen is like 500 people worldwide :/
ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninjabeaver1
Member since 2005 • 926 Posts

Don't get UT3.....noone is playing it online :( Unfortunately it's true.....I own both games, and I love both, but like I said noone seems to play UT3. The most I've seen is like 500 people worldwide :/bblundell

I have to agree. The unfortunate truth of multiplayer games is that it is only as good as the community. And it's not worth dishing out 100$ AU for a game that only has around 50 Australians playin.

TA127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TA127
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts
UT3...has much more value
1kalli1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1kalli1
Member since 2007 • 398 Posts
Ut3 sucks imo :/ and to the guy that said cod 4 was slow? WTF??? HOW can u say that

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 1005
Member since 2003 • 3738 Posts

COD4 has somewhere in the region of 20,000 players online with 4000+ servers active at any one time. UT3 i hear has a very small online community thats in the hundreds.

For my money COD4 would be better off because atleast when your not playing the single player you have the multiplayer to entertain you.

GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Both brilliant games, but UT3's main if only downfall is the lack of community, in terms of leagues, competitions, clans, hell even chat in game is poor.
dayaccus007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dayaccus007
Member since 2007 • 4349 Posts
Since is my favorite game this year I voted for COD4
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ironfungus
Member since 2007 • 1123 Posts

Just wondering which game you guys like best. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Unreal Tournament 3. Thx.

assassin_9

Most people like Call of Duty 4 more than Unreal, but there's no denying Unreal Tournament takes more skill to play than CoD 4.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="assassin_9"]

Ironfungus

Most people like Call of Duty 4 more than Unreal, but there's no denying Unreal Tournament takes more skill to play than CoD 4.

I disagree. UT has an unlimited supply of weapons and ammo and there is no reload. It's all about jumping around , run n gun and there is little to no tactics involved.

Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

I'm a fan of UT series, but the last incarnation is too conservative: they fail in the attempt to give innovative changes to the game.

I the other hand I'm not fan of COD series -but I have the two first-, but COD 4 mp is a good example of improve over the last iteration, and takes some shining elements from BF2 & BF 2142 such as the class customizations.

In my book, both are still inferior to BF2, and to me the best mp in this year ys Quake Wars, which contains a much better balance between infantry and vehicles than BF2, and give us big maps with excelent design oriented foward objective missions and team work.

drgoth2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 drgoth2006
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts
I personally prefer UT3 for the multiplayer, but it doesnt compare (in my view) to BF2 or TF2
sonnydalheim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonnydalheim
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I just bought CoD 4 and haven't tried it yet, but I think CoD 4 is more my kinda game......but how long did it take to install CoD 4, for you guys ???.....It's taking a loooong time for me.....I just got a new super PC yesterday, so that shouldn't be the problem...

Thx in advance :P

Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ironfungus
[QUOTE="Ironfungus"][QUOTE="assassin_9"]

Deihmos

I disagree. UT has an unlimited supply of weapons and ammo and there is no reload. It's all about jumping around , run n gun and there is little to no tactics involved.

Then you obviously have not even seen or played Unreal Tournament. Gamespot just hosted a big tournament for UT3...go check it out.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
I was actually in the tournament. Check the emblem.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts

The most I've seen is like 500 people worldwide :/bblundell

Jesus, are you serious? BF2142 has more people online than that! I thought UT3 was at least relatively popular, why does it have such a small player base?

Grantelicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 Grantelicious
Member since 2007 • 1541 Posts

[QUOTE="bblundell"]The most I've seen is like 500 people worldwide :/JP_Russell

Jesus, are you serious? BF2142 has more people online than that! I thought UT3 was at least relatively popular, why does it have such a small player base?

They've always had a small player base.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
nah dude ut2k4 has around 1400 player base still, but UT3 just hasn't caught on :(
Ironfungus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ironfungus

nah dude ut2k4 has around 1400 player base still, but UT3 just hasn't caught on :(bblundell

It probably will after they patch the game up. I keep hearing of ping issues with UT3.

ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ninjabeaver1
Has there ever been an FPS that saved itself?
ninjabeaver1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjabeaver1

Deihmos

Tactics is a seperate category of twitch skills. Unlimited supply is an exaggeration. Most of the time your favourite weapon's ammo will run out. It's easy to collect ammo maybe because of the fast walking pace. You were probably fighting kids in the comp.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Deihmos

COD has an unlimited supply of health. You start off with the best weapons. You dont have to learn a map to know where weapons and health pickups are. All you have to do is hold down left mb and get your xhair over the enemy for 2 secs (which isnt hard since the characters move so slow)and you get a frag. Even with the damage amp in ut it takes longer than that to get a kill with the mini.

All you have to learn in COD is how to use a machine gun style weapon, every fps already has one so theirs not much at all to learn in cod. Every weapon in UT is unique requiring a different technique and you dont get to spawn with your favorite weapon.

Everyone runs and guns in COD as well.

Phelaidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phelaidar
Member since 2005 • 1533 Posts

UT3 is the worst of the UT games.

Made me sad, I was hoping to play a game that could beat UT2004. Shame.

Cod is fantastic. Single Player is great but short. But you will be playing some levels over and over, its just too much fun.

And Multiplayer is great. It has Battefield and CS feel to it.

ncderek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 ncderek
Member since 2004 • 5513 Posts
cod4 is much better, i hear ut3 hasa lot of problems. and its really just new graphics same old game