Choppy windows 7 animations with AMD?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Gambler_3 (7607 posts) -

I recently moved from nvidia to AMD and have noticed a couple of annoying things. Do note that I am on a fresh installation of windows so there is no chance of old driver conflict or something.

Whenever I "lock" the screen on windows 7 there is this broken animation before the username screen appears. And then whenever I log in to an account there is this weird flicker on the screen for a second.

I am running the latest driver and have not tried any other driver yet. Is this something other people are also experiencing?

My graphics runs every game flawlessly it cant be an issue with it. And my windows is completely updated.

#2 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

I recently moved from nvidia to AMD and have noticed a couple of annoying things. Do note that I am on a fresh installation of windows so there is no chance of old driver conflict or something.

Whenever I "lock" the screen on windows 7 there is this broken animation before the username screen appears. And then whenever I log in to an account there is this weird flicker on the screen for a second.

I am running the latest driver and have not tried any other driver yet. Is this something other people are also experiencing?

My graphics runs every game flawlessly it cant be an issue with it. And my windows is completely updated.

Gambler_3

idk wuts wrong but my copy of win 7 doesnt has this problem

#3 Posted by skipper847 (3680 posts) -

You turned off FXAA in controll panal of the graphic card?.

#4 Posted by godzillavskong (7900 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

ionusX

idk wuts wrong but my copy of win 7 doesnt has this problem

I concur. AMD CPU and AMD GPUs with 0 issues with W7. Both my kids have AMD also, with no issues with W7. Maybe software issue somewhere, just not with W7 vs AMD.
#5 Posted by Gambler_3 (7607 posts) -

skipper847

Whats that?

#6 Posted by kraken2109 (13253 posts) -

[QUOTE="skipper847"]

Gambler_3

Whats that?

I guess look for an FXAA option in catalyst
#7 Posted by Gambler_3 (7607 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="skipper847"]

kraken2109

Whats that?

I guess look for an FXAA option in catalyst

No such option.

#8 Posted by ShyGuy0504 (1133 posts) -

I have the same problem. I think it's a driver issue. I using 13.2 beta 5. My games run great so I don't worry about it.

#9 Posted by GummiRaccoon (13665 posts) -

1) try different drivers

2) reinstall windows

#10 Posted by Gambler_3 (7607 posts) -

1) try different drivers

2) reinstall windows

GummiRaccoon

Actually I have 2 windows and its happening in both so I really dont think thats necessary.

And this isnt something thats "really bothering" me or something so I guess I'll wait for the next driver release to see if it eliminates it.

#11 Posted by skipper847 (3680 posts) -

I use to have an ati card and i can remember it was called something abit different and it was meant to be like FXAA but was called something slightly different. I will try and look on some pics as now i have a nvidia card so will get back when i find that sim option.