chinese tech hack messing with gtx 600 BIOS. adding gtx 700 instructions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

http://vga.zol.com.cn/382/3828906.html

a chinese tech hack is adding gpu boost 2.0 to gtx 600 series card. furthermore he is adding the other missing features that would allow a gtx 680/670/660 to become a gtx 700 series (based on their feature toolset and instruction set such as gpu boost 2.0 and new temp limiters not actual preformance but this may improve overclocks)

its not yet ready but he is working on it for the gtx 660ti, 670, and 680 and hopes to have it done soon. you will then just need to bios flash your cards

#2 Posted by JimmyJumpy (2554 posts) -

Link is interesting when you know how to read Chinese...

#3 Posted by Gen007 (10970 posts) -

JimmyJumpy

you can always use goolge translate. It works pretty well and will do a whole website page for you.

#4 Posted by PernicioEnigma (5496 posts) -
That's cool. It was stupid how you couldn't set your own temp limit on the 6 series cards.
#5 Posted by Horgen (111429 posts) -

[QUOTE="JimmyJumpy"]

Gen007

you can always use goolge translate. It works pretty well and will do a whole website page for you.

Sometimes it works pretty well, other times no.
#6 Posted by C_Rule (9813 posts) -
That's cool. It was stupid how you couldn't set your own temp limit on the 6 series cards.PernicioEnigma
And frustrating that you can't over-volt. Will keep my eye on this BIOS mod.
#7 Posted by Horgen (111429 posts) -
[QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]That's cool. It was stupid how you couldn't set your own temp limit on the 6 series cards.C_Rule

I am sure I read it somewhere that overvolting the kepler cards has a huge impact on the lifespan of the cards.
#8 Posted by C_Rule (9813 posts) -
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]That's cool. It was stupid how you couldn't set your own temp limit on the 6 series cards.horgen123

I am sure I read it somewhere that overvolting the kepler cards has a huge impact on the lifespan of the cards.

Probs some BS excuse from nVidia. I'm sure people will be replacing Kepler cards long before they kill them from a bit of over-volting.
#9 Posted by Horgen (111429 posts) -
[QUOTE="C_Rule"] Probs some BS excuse from nVidia. I'm sure people will be replacing Kepler cards long before they kill them from a bit of over-volting.

I'd guess the ones who are interested in over-volting yes, but perhaps not everyone.
#10 Posted by Mentholum (47 posts) -
Cool.
#12 Posted by Neurotic_X (33 posts) -
[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="horgen123"][QUOTE="C_Rule"] And frustrating that you can't over-volt. Will keep my eye on this BIOS mod.

Probs some BS excuse from nVidia. I'm sure people will be replacing Kepler cards long before they kill them from a bit of over-volting.

My thoughts exactly.
#13 Posted by LordEC911 (9972 posts) -

[QUOTE="C_Rule"][QUOTE="PernicioEnigma"]That's cool. It was stupid how you couldn't set your own temp limit on the 6 series cards.horgen123

Because the PWMs are only good for 265w.

Thats why WR benchers are soldering on new PWMs.

http://www.oclab.pl/art/xa//EXTREMEOC/Titan/guide/all13.jpg