Can't login to steam?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

I try to and I get the error "Steam is having trouble connecting to the steam servers"... Never happened before.

chris24l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chris24l
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

yeah I got the same problem, they better fix it soon. Been about 15 minutes so far for me. Probably the sale they are having.

OoSuperMarioO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OoSuperMarioO
Member since 2005 • 6539 Posts

It'll be available soon bud, same process is occurring with me.

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

They seem to be carrying out maintenance.

I get the same message.

stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

yeah I think they are having some problems today. Could be weather related. I remember a while back when a big storm goes through seattle it tends to hit the power grid hard. In any event, if you disable your network connect or disconnect your ethernet cable and try to log on, you should be able to go into offline mode and play your single player games. It only works if you had remember passwork on.

TheWalrusKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheWalrusKing
Member since 2003 • 956 Posts

what I hate is I cant play empire total war without logging in, that sucks, i mean total war isnt down, steam is!

TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts

Sucks. I was in the middle of UT3.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

They seem to be carrying out maintenance.

I get the same message.

Tresca_
wow....i literally just finished downloading fc1. good timing
chris24l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chris24l

yeah I think they are having some problems today. Could be weather related. I remember a while back when a big storm goes through seattle it tends to hit the power grid hard. In any event, if you disable your network connect or disconnect your ethernet cable and try to log on, you should be able to go into offline mode and play your single player games. It only works if you had remember passwork on.

stele29

how do you have remember passwork on? thanks. looks like their site is back up, I still can't login though.

chris24l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chris24l

its back up.

Benjiman_Guile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Benjiman_Guile
Member since 2009 • 199 Posts
YAY, time for some 25 dmg pounces, or ]melee'd-to-death] trying!
DangerDaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 DangerDaveZ
Member since 2009 • 43 Posts
Don't worry about it. They're most likely just doing maintenance or something like that. Maybe too many people are on or something. Try again in a few minutes.
stele29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stele29
Member since 2008 • 551 Posts

[QUOTE="stele29"]

chris24l

how do you have remember passwork on? thanks. looks like their site is back up, I still can't login though.

I mean "remember password". If you have it set to remember you info (no need to type anything to login) and your network connection is gone, it will give you the option to play in offline mode. You will need to disable your network connection to get this to work, assuming you were in online mode last time you played.

Another option is to just keep steam in offline mode all the time except when you need to patch, download, or buy something. After login, under File you can select offline mode. Steam will restart in offline mode. At that point you don't need internet to play any of your games. So if steam dives for a few hours it won't affect you. Obviously if your playing multiplayer games this won't help. But for other posts who were just trying to play Empire or any of the other single player games, offline mode works just fine.

IC94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IC94
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey people can you please help me wehn i start MW2 and click play it says you must be signed in to Steam in Online mode.I dont get it i em signed in to the website and the Steam Program i dont get this some one plsese help.