Can't disable vsync in Dark Souls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by the_bi99man (11059 posts) -

I know there's no ingame option for it, and that you have to force it through the video card control panel, but that doesn't seem to work either. I have an amd card in my laptop, with catalyst version 12.6 drivers, and I went to the control panel and set vsync to "always off", but dark souls still seems to be using it. Just constantly bouncing between 30 and 15 fps, not running at anything in between. I'm also using DSfix 1.4, but it doesn't want to turn off vsync either way, with or without dsfix. Any ideas?

#2 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -
Use DSfix 1.9 and unlock it to 60fps. Disable or enable vsync in dsfix.ini.
#3 Posted by the_bi99man (11059 posts) -

I actually had tried that before, and the game won't even start whenever I have the framerate unlocker activated.

#4 Posted by CBN16 (407 posts) -

I just got it on the Steam sale and have also been having issues. I tried installing DSfix, but I cannot seem to install it properly. Maybe the newest version of DSfix is just buggy? I really want to get these issues fixed.

My Xbox 360 PC controller is also not working with the game, but that is a whole other issue.

#5 Posted by the_bi99man (11059 posts) -

Hm. I've used the newest DSfix, and I'm currently using 1.4. Same thing with both. I had it installed for long time, and played a long time, with some version of dsfix, and it seemed to work better. I didn't manage a constant 30 at 1080p, but it stayed in the 20s, mostly. Recently reinstalled, and it's doin this. Weird. I might just have to play it at a lower resolution, so it stays at 30 more often than dropping to 15.

#6 Posted by Elann2008 (33028 posts) -

Hm. I've used the newest DSfix, and I'm currently using 1.4. Same thing with both. I had it installed for long time, and played a long time, with some version of dsfix, and it seemed to work better. I didn't manage a constant 30 at 1080p, but it stayed in the 20s, mostly. Recently reinstalled, and it's doin this. Weird. I might just have to play it at a lower resolution, so it stays at 30 more often than dropping to 15.

the_bi99man
Did you play in offline mode?