cannot get sims 2 expansion packs to install.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmaster-chiefx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xmaster-chiefx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I put on my sims 2 and it installed fine. and ive got 3 expansion packs

university, family fun stuff and finally pets.

I know the order i install them in, and it goes uni, family, and then pets because it runs off pets. So it gets to the last stage of the installation of the sims 2 university, where it needs disc 4 to update. And i know ive installed the sims 2. and it tells me it cant update, or it cant copy the disc

Help please?

chesterocks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 chesterocks7
Member since 2005 • 1572 Posts

Consider that a blessing in disguise.......

Seriously though, the only thing I can think of is check all the discs and make sure they aren't dirty or scratched.

tj_chisholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tj_chisholm
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
If there are no scratches or errors on the disks then you might try closing your anti-virus program while you install. If your running Vista you should try running the installation file as administrator.
jtim6007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jtim6007
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts
That error happesn when the expansion install checks the original sims.exe (or w/e it's called) and finds it is not the original one (i.e. a no-cd crack) . I'm not going to imply anything here, so all you need to do is put in the original sims 2 game disc 4 or the dvd, as it tells you to. If that fails, just reinstall the sims 2 from scratch, then the expansion in the correct order before you play. Providing you still have the original sims 2 disc of course