Canadian graphics card price help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

genoman_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 genoman_7
Member since 2004 • 106 Posts

Is this a good price for the 7600gt? And if not, where can I find a better deal?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427578&Sku=P450-7870

RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
That's a 7600GT, not a 7900GT - and it's not that great of a price, but it's not a complete rip-off either.
RayvinAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RayvinAzn
Member since 2004 • 12552 Posts
Yeah I noticed the typo. It's supposed to say 7600gt, but there's no way of post editing. genoman_7
In that little box below your post near the right side of the screen it says "select an action below" - you can edit your post there.
genoman_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 genoman_7

[QUOTE="genoman_7"]Yeah I noticed the typo. It's supposed to say 7600gt, but there's no way of post editing. RayvinAzn
In that little box below your post near the right side of the screen it says "select an action below" - you can edit your post there.

:oops: Yeah, I've been using my Gamefaqs account too much.

Cyborg-21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Cyborg-21
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts

Is this a good price for the 7600gt? And if not, where can I find a better deal?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427578&Sku=P450-7870

genoman_7
You can get cheaper 7600GT cards. The slightly higher price is because you are looking at the XFX XXX edition card. Have a look at BFG or eVGA cards and they will probably be cheaper.
genoman_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 genoman_7
Alright, thanks for the advice. I found one for $130 Canadian(Futureshop wants people to pay $200 for it, what a ripoff!)
sepheronX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 sepheronX
Member since 2005 • 1388 Posts
the EVGA one can be had at NCIX for around 130 bucks (I would go find it, but im lazy).

As for this, do not, DO NOT get XFX.  I have dealt with XFX tech support, and its horrible.  Let me tell you 1 thing in the PC world.

"The XFX cards may be cheaper and comes with a game, but to have good customer support, that is priceless.  And unfortunartly, XFX has poor service, so EVGA is the best to go".

With EVGA, they will RMA fast and send you a replacement before you send the dud back, so no blame game.  Also, EVGA tends to have better stock coolers then XFX, were XFX says as a poor excuse when the gpu stock cooler is not providing enough cooling "It isnt our fault, its Nvidia's!".  I got so angry that my xfx7900gs xt was underperforming and artifacting just because of their incompetence.  I was dealt in the end with having to buy an aftermarket cooler. 20 bucks and 1 day later, my xfx 7900gs xt is running at 41 idle, at 600/800 speeds.

Moral of the story.  If you are gonna play around with hardware and overclock, EVGA is the way to go.

Oh and BTW, XFX tells you that you void warranty if you replace their POS stock cooler.  In my case it was either 1) let my card burn out and have to deal with horrible RMA service or 2) put on aftermarket cooler, have it last much longer, but lose crappy RMA from XFX