Can i play new PC games with Nvidia Geforce 750ti 2gb ?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Hello,

My current PC got 19'' 1366X 768 res LG Monitor, Win 7 64 bit, i3 540 3.06 ghz, 8 gb ram, 750 watt PSU and PCIE 2.0 mobo. If i buy a MSI or Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti 2 gb DDR 5 can i play latest PC games as Wolfenstein New Order, Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs,Ryse, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition at even medium settings? Will get better CPU, GPU and mobo, but later on as you can see my PC is pretty outdated and needs to be built from scratch. Also 750ti is built on PCI 3.0 bus standard, will it fit in my INTEL DH55TC PCI E 2.0 slot ?

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/computer-components/graphic-cards/pr?q=gtx+750ti&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&sid=6bo%2Cg0i%2C6sn&as-pos=1_1_ic

Please advise guys:)

whitey_rolls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By whitey_rolls
Member since 2006 • 2547 Posts

You should be able to play every commercial game currently available with that GPU, most of them on higher settings.

Also good news is your power supply is total overkill, if/when the gpu doesn't hold up you can get another.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 indzman

@whitey_rolls said:

You should be able to play every commercial game currently available with that GPU, most of them on higher settings.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 indzman

@whitey_rolls said:

Also good news is your power supply is total overkill, if/when the gpu doesn't hold up you can get another.

Yup, but my CPU is weak compared to new games :(

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts

Don't worry about PCI-E 2.0. Most GPUs cannot even reach the PCI-E 2.0 limit.

Also GTX750ti is capable enough to run a lot of games at medium settings some even at high.

We tested with the game set to Ultra, but left anti-aliasing disabled.

I guess you can easily get 40FPS at high or 50FPS at medium.

I can't find any benchmark for Dead Rising 3 but I doubt that it will be more stressful for your system.

And about witcher 3, we don't have a clue...

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@indzman said:

Hello,

My current PC got Win 7 64 bit, i3 540 3.06 ghz, 8 gb ram, 750 watt PSU and PCIE 2.0 mobo. If i buy a MSI or Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti 2 gb DDR 5 can i play latest PC games as Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs,Ryse, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition at even medium settings? Will get better CPU, GPU and mobo, but later on as you can see my PC is pretty outdated and needs to be built from scratch. Also 750ti is built on PCI 3.0 bus standard, will it fit in my INTEL DH55TC PCI E 2.0 slot ?

http://www.flipkart.com/computers/computer-components/graphic-cards/pr?q=gtx+750ti&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&sid=6bo%2Cg0i%2C6sn&as-pos=1_1_ic

Get MSI.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By indzman

@Coseniath said:

Don't worry about PCI-E 2.0. Most GPUs cannot even reach the PCI-E 2.0 limit.

Also GTX750ti is capable enough to run a lot of games at medium settings some even at high.

We tested with the game set to Ultra, but left anti-aliasing disabled.

I guess you can easily get 40FPS at high or 50FPS at medium.

I can't find any benchmark for Dead Rising 3 but I doubt that it will be more stressful for your system.

And about witcher 3, we don't have a clue...

Thanks. So you saying i'll be good for now inspite my weak CPU ? I'll upgrade to a better mobo and CPU next year, only want to play Dead rising 3, Ryse, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition atm.

Also What 750Ti 2gb do you suggest? I've linked FLIP 750ti cards, please advise :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By indzman

@PredatorRules said:

@indzman said:

Hello,

My current PC got Win 7 64 bit, i3 540 3.06 ghz, 8 gb ram, 750 watt PSU and PCIE 2.0 mobo. If i buy a MSI or Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti 2 gb DDR 5 can i play latest PC games as Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs,Ryse, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition at even medium settings? Will get better CPU, GPU and mobo, but later on as you can see my PC is pretty outdated and needs to be built from scratch. Also 750ti is built on PCI 3.0 bus standard, will it fit in my INTEL DH55TC PCI E 2.0 slot ?

Get MSI.

Sure gery. Two MSI there on my link, which one? RED or BLUE one?

Coseniath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Coseniath
Member since 2004 • 3183 Posts
@indzman said:

Thanks. So you saying i'll be good for now inspite my weak CPU ? I'll upgrade to a better mobo and CPU next year, only want to play Dead rising 3, Ryse, Watch Dogs, The Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition atm.

Also What 750Ti 2gb do you suggest? I've linked FLIP 750ti cards, please advise :)

Your CPU is not that weak. I can't tell you anything for games that haven't even been released.

But I can tell you that its enough for watchdogs high settings as you can see at the image on the left, it take advantage of i3's hyperthreading so you will be easily reach at least 50FPS (maybe more) with the core i3 540.

Hell even a 2,7Ghz Haswell celeron can run this game at 46FPS...

For Dead Rising 3 I found a benchmark showing that 2 cores and HT can run this game at 56FPS.

+1 for the MSI gaming.

MSI GTX 750 Ti Gaming 2 GB.

edit: the red one :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

@Coseniath said:
@indzman said:

Your CPU is not that weak. I can't tell you anything for games that haven't even been released.

But I can tell you that its enough for watchdogs high settings as you can see at the image on the left, it take advantage of i3's hyperthreading so you will be easily reach at least 50FPS (maybe more) with the core i3 540.

Hell even a 2,7Ghz Haswell celeron can run this game at 46FPS...

For Dead Rising 3 I found a benchmark showing that 2 cores and HT can run this game at 56FPS.

+1 for the MSI gaming.

MSI GTX 750 Ti Gaming 2 GB.

edit: the red one :P

Thanks a lot . Ordering the red one for now :)

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@indzman said:

@PredatorRules said:

@indzman said:

Hello,

Get MSI.

Red one, hands down - better cooling.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 indzman

@PredatorRules said:
@indzman said:

@PredatorRules said:

@indzman said:

Hello,

Get MSI.

Red one, hands down - better cooling.

Ordered :)