This topic is locked from further discussion.

man_boobs66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 man_boobs66
Member since 2004 • 1540 Posts
Anyone have any good ones
clearman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 clearman90
Member since 2003 • 11500 Posts
cod mods arent very popular. i had one called revolt which was ok, but very few had it. i think theres some coming out, but im not sure. get ut2k4 or hl2 for good mods
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
yeah not many mods for CoD, and yea UT2K4 is great for mods
Avatar image for westcoasteyewea
westcoasteyewea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 westcoasteyewea
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I downloaded a call of duty mod eisenburg. I followed the instructions and copied the file into the call of duty main folder and now I stuck! What do I do next? I thought that it would just show up on the game. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I don't want to mess up the game. Can anyone tell me how these things work or where I can get information about how mods work? There are so many for Half life 2 but I really don't want to mess up that game until I know what I'm doing.
Thanks for any help
Bryan:cry:
Baljot187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Baljot187
Member since 2003 • 7294 Posts
You don't want to play COD Mods- very few servers run them. There was this one awesome server that had modded all the weapons, including rate of fire, and added cool gadgets to make the game more like Battlefield. But I can't find it anymore. Your bestbet is just to play custom maps, like Dog Green Beach.
wud03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wud03
Member since 2003 • 2602 Posts
I downloaded a call of duty mod eisenburg. I followed the instructions and copied the file into the call of duty main folder and now I stuck! What do I do next? I thought that it would just show up on the game. I have no idea what I'm doing, and I don't want to mess up the game. Can anyone tell me how these things work or where I can get information about how mods work? There are so many for Half life 2 but I really don't want to mess up that game until I know what I'm doing.
Thanks for any help
Bryan:cry:
westcoasteyewea

There are different ways of installing the mods for each game. The mod you downloaded should include a readme with detailed instructions. If it does not, go to the mod's official website for help. There you should find a FAQ section or at least a forum.
Avatar image for westcoasteyewea
westcoasteyewea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 westcoasteyewea
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I follow the instuctions they just were not detailed. It only said to copy the folder into the main folder of COD. I dosen't tell me how to get the maps to play. Oh well I guess I'll have to buy the expansion. Anybody know if it's worth the $20?
MasterChef8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MasterChef8
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
where do you get custom maps for call of duty?
whgresiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#9 whgresiak
Member since 2005 • 1889 Posts
where do you get custom maps for call of duty?MasterChef8
Go to The Call of Duty PC Game on GameSpot... then Downloads... should be some there
bigster72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigster72
Member since 2005 • 770 Posts
In options set downloads on and they will download automaticly when you connect to the server.
ne0_bug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 ne0_bug
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
thx for the help been trying to find some for me :D
mantis789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mantis789
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts
yeah not many mods for CoD, and yea UT2K4 is great for modsdawgsfan1447
Wrong there are lots of good and decent mods for CoD! Try and stay up to date for a change.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
Check out http://callofduty.filefront.com/

You may find some likable ones there, my personal favourite is the mod for CoD2 which allows you to play the campaign as and alongside the Germans.
mac33333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mac33333
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I downloaded the new patch for call of duty 4 (1.5) and now I cant play any games ?????????????????????
Goliath210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Goliath210
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Are you kidding? CoD mods are EXTREMELY popular. Especially on pc versions because of the wide range of software you can mod. I once saw a guy that had aim bots, turbo fire, enemy detection, friendly detection, aim tracker, and a standby switch in case he got in a sticky situation. If your not familiar with the terms: Enemy detection is a mod that makes enemies bodies eluminate red, even if behind cover. Friendly detection is a mod that makes teammates bodies eluminate green, even behind cover. Aim trackers show up on your screen as a red laser line that one end connects to an enemies head (the point of aim), and extends to the point where his crosshairs or reticule is aimed at. This is useful for judging when to come out of cover to attack someone at a time that they wont be aiming in your direction, or good for avoiding sniper fire. Aim bots pretty much lock on to your enemy whether it be set to headshot or body shot. Turbo fire makes semi auto guns fully auto by just holding down the fire button rather than tapping it repeatedly. Standby switches are attached to ethernet cord feeding internet to your xbox. When switched on, it stops the flow of connection and freezes your enemies and sometimes teammates (depending on if your linked to their consoles). You can run around the map shooting people but it wont kill them, just stack up damage. When switched back off, the internet feeds the info to the server and all at once all that damage is inflicted on everyone you shot. But most people only use it against other modders, or for a matter of seconds, as not to be noticable. I dont mod and only play on xbox 360 but be sure to be more cautious if something suspicious happens and report the one that did it. Modding is unsportly and deceiptful.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts

Don't revive old threads and they weren't talking about those kind of mods ;) they were talking about actual MODS not cheats, like Zombie mod (the best imo) and others.

GrandGamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrandGamers
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Im trying to find someone who knows how to make mods. or edit mods. I currently have a zombie server mod. ROTU1 essentially. but i want to make some changes to the formatting....i want to make something like rotu2 but with other things as well....please let me know if you can tell me how to do this or direct me where i can research and learn to make my own mods.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Im trying to find someone who knows how to make mods. or edit mods. I currently have a zombie server mod. ROTU1 essentially. but i want to make some changes to the formatting....i want to make something like rotu2 but with other things as well....please let me know if you can tell me how to do this or direct me where i can research and learn to make my own mods.GrandGamers
A 2005 thread? Come on now.