Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare multiplayer problems with Windows 7..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by War-Tex (2014 posts) -

Hey, I just got a new pc yesterday. Everything seems to be perfect, I've installed MW and played a bit of single player, but the multiplayer isn't working. It doesn't even start and crashes to the desktop and windows says "it stopped working".

I looked on the internet and people said the problem is with the sound, if I enable Stereo Mix in my recording then it works but I don't have any Stereo mix. What should I do? ):

#2 Posted by Lox_Cropek (3512 posts) -

Have you tried enabling the "Show disabled peripherals" option? (I don't know if it's exactly like that in english)

#3 Posted by War-Tex (2014 posts) -

Yeah I did that, as I said, I don't have Stereo mix. D:

#4 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

plug something into the mic port on your computer (sounds stupid but it works) can be anything with a 3.5 jack and just say its a mic when it asks

#5 Posted by ChocolateCake10 (759 posts) -

plug something into the mic port on your computer (sounds stupid but it works) can be anything with a 3.5 jack and just say its a mic when it asks

icyseanfitz

yes this worked for me

#6 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

its something you wouldnt even think about trying which is what makes it so damn tricky to figure out :evil:

#7 Posted by Gravitational24 (30 posts) -

Do you have a realtek sound card?

#8 Posted by Saqib_567 (10 posts) -
i'm facing the same problem here..realtek soundcard,multiplayer crash
#9 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

You need to enable Stereo mix.

Here is how...

Right click in recording tab of your sound properties, then tick disabled devices.

Then right click Stereo mix, and enable that device.

v5R7DPU.png

No more crashes in COD 4.