Calibrating joystick in Windows 7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 s-e-e-k
Member since 2009 • 252 Posts

Just wondering is it possible like in WinXP? My joystick shows up in "Devices and Printers" in Control Panel but I cannot find the calibrate option.

Any help would be great! :)

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
I generally go to Start -> Games -> Tools -> Input Devices to bring up the Game Controllers window. Works just like the Gaming Options window in XP. Do note that not all peripherals are calibrated through that window, but those cases are usually for the top-tier Thrustmaster and CH Products offerings with their own control panels. On that note, I really want to slap the guy at Microsoft who took out the Game Controllers panel shortcut from the Control Panel icon view in Win7. (And the guy who decided that the Control Panel should have been shuffled around needlessly several times, and the guy who thought focus-stealing was a good idea, and the guy who thought that cramming Metro down all our throats for Win8 was smart...does anyone at MS know anything about UI design?)
s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 s-e-e-k

Hmm.. that is odd I don't have a Start -> Games -> Tools -> Input Devices on my system

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
"Setup USB game conroller". In control panel, type game in search bar, and you will see it there.
s-e-e-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 s-e-e-k

Got it now.. thx