Buying used computer games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29757 posts) -

How do you guys feel about buying used computer games? I've noticed on amazon.com that you can often get them for substantially cheaper than new copies of the same game.

Anyone have an opinion on buying used computer games (I am not talking about games with a DRM).

#2 Posted by Astaroth2k (877 posts) -
Dont see a problem,most places like amazon etc probably have reputable people ie no scratched discs etc....if im getting used games i usually go into a local shop and swap games i dont play anymore and barter with the manager...i usually get my way :)
#3 Posted by ColdfireTrilogy (4911 posts) -
Just make sure if your getting an online game that the CD key can be either reused or hasnt been used or your going to get screwed out of the online component ... i dont usually trust buying online games used. Singleplayer is nice tho :)
#4 Posted by monkeymoose5000 (6111 posts) -

What the guy above me said. However, I bought Counter Strike Anthology and the CD Key apperently "hadn't been used". That ass has my money now. :(

#5 Posted by FPS_Gamer123 (4363 posts) -

What the guy above me said. However, I bought Counter Strike Anthology and the CD Key apperently "hadn't been used". That ass has my money now. :(

monkeymoose5000

Do you mean the CD Key had been used? I wouldn't buy PC Games used for the very same reason of somebody using the CD Key.

#6 Posted by Captain__Tripps (4521 posts) -
[QUOTE="monkeymoose5000"]

FPS_Gamer123

Do you mean the CD Key had been used? I wouldn't buy PC Games used for the very same reason of somebody using the CD Key.

Well it doesn't matter for sp games as long as they have no activation/secureom. You take some risk for online games, I would only pay with some method where you have some recoarse such as credit card charge back if they advertised the key never being used...

#7 Posted by HenriH-42 (2113 posts) -

About 75% of games I buy, I buy used. Mostly because I can't find them new anywhere, but also because it's really, really cheap. I can find 10-20 games for 50 € if I'm lucky.

I have a lot of flea markets and stores that sell used PC games near me, so I guess I'm blessed.