Broken Ipod! Broken Ipod!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

(I hope this is the right board to post this). Anyway, My Ipod stopped working for no reason :( I just turned it off hold and now it wont respond to my touch at all, it's the new nano, well newest anyway. It only ever works when I charge it with my docking station SOMETIMES. I tried reseting it and waiting for the power to run out but it still wont work, HEEEELLLP!!!

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

This happened to my friends nano. Just take it in to an Apple store near you, they'll either fix it, or replace it for free. At least they did when my friend took his in.

MarineXXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MarineXXII
Member since 2007 • 1583 Posts

awkward, my ipod is acting up to, sometimes it will not go to the next song when i tell it to, so i press next over and over next thing u know i went 4 songs ahead. maybe its because i have over 2,000 songs and its overloaded...

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigofadown

It's okay, I went on the apple website and they're sending me a package to send it back to them in so they can give me a new one for free, I just hope it doesn't take that long XD

dbd333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 dbd333
Member since 2004 • 508 Posts

Welp, I guess I'm not gonna buy the newest nano, I'll get the 32GB Sony Oled Mp3 player instead 8)

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

you should have tried to self troubleshoot it before you just went right to apple support, i had the same thing happen with my ipod classic yesterday, theres a specific button combination that you can press that should reset your ipod automatically, i suggest you try that, hook it up to your pc while doing it if you want to, mine wasnt hooked up to anything and it worked, toggle the hold button on then off, and then hold down the center button and the menu button for a few seconds, give it like a half a minute, see what happens

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 craigofadown

Waaaay ahead of you pal, reset it, let the power run out, fully charged it, tried multiple power outlets and restored the whole ipod, nothing works, so I'm sending it back.

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
worst case scenario your battery is dead. its been almost 3 months since my ipod video died it lasted exactly 2 1/2 years a couple months after the manufactures warranty expired. I called in and the guy told me i would be better off buying a new one since they charged me $100 to fix it he also told me that the ipods battery usually dies after 2 years. I got kinda pissed so this will probably be my last ipod in a while $300 went down the drain just like that.