Boxing game for pc?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by bullskitur (3 posts) -

Can anyone recommend a good new/newish boxing game for PC?

#3 Posted by CubePrime_basic (3230 posts) -

There is no recent boxing game for PC and I don't know of any from the past. I could be wrong but if you really want to play boxing you can easily get a console. .Why would you want to play boxing on a computer?Deihmos

Maybe he has an htpc with gamepads... like me.

#5 Posted by CubePrime_basic (3230 posts) -

I cannot see myself playing boxing or any sports game on PC. I just checked Gamespot and there is no Boxing games for PC. Maybe you can find some that are not main stream.Deihmos

Why would you not play sports games on PC if you had it sitting close to an HDTV and had wireless controllers?

#7 Posted by Nitrous2O (1813 posts) -

Oh, I don't know, I play ALL my games at home on my PC (at a friend's house you might find me on a console). I haven't been a seriousconsole gamer since the SNES days, some games are cool but not enough that I absolutely need them.

But boxing really isn't my thing either, so I don't feel like I'm missing out much, although Ready 2 Rumble wasn't bad.

What about Title Bout Championship Boxing which might be more a simulation type game. Anyone ever play/remember 4-D Boxing?

#8 Posted by Harbadakus (5474 posts) -

Oh, I don't know, I play ALL my games at home on my PC (at a friend's house you might find me on a console). I haven't been a seriousconsole gamer since the SNES days, some games are cool but not enough that I absolutely need them.

But boxing really isn't my thing either, so I don't feel like I'm missing out much, although Ready 2 Rumble wasn't bad.

What about Title Bout Championship Boxing which might be more a simulation type game. Anyone ever play/remember 4-D Boxing?

Nitrous2O
4-D boxing was cool(only ever had the demo/shareware version though I think). I was about to post about that.
#10 Posted by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -

Title Bout Championship Boxing was a title on the PC back in 2003, over here:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/titleboutchampionshipboxing/index.html

And if you're looking for a boxing Sim, which the PC has plenty of for all sports, check this out from 2006:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/sports/universalboxingmanager/index.html?tag=result;title;0

As I've gotten older, I've enjoyed Sports Sims much more than arcade sports, which I liked a lot more as a kid.

#12 Posted by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -

I am almost certain the OP was referring to arcade style boxers where you control a boxer in a ring and not a simulation with mouse clicking.Judging from the 0 posts in the game discussion I would assume those twogames were never popular. The best bet right now is 4-D boxing but it's not two player.Deihmos

Did the OP ask for popular games or Boxing games? The OP asked for Boxing Games. Period.

The only half decent arcade boxing game is Fight Night on consoles, which is not a great Boxing Game at all. The Graphics are the only thing worth noting, as the gameplay isn't anything special. I would not recommend buying a console for this game at all.

#13 Posted by Herrick (4468 posts) -
The only half decent arcade boxing game is Fight Night on consoles, which is not a great Boxing Game at all. The Graphics are the only thing worth noting, as the gameplay isn't anything special. I would not recommend buying a console for this game at all.mismajor99

How is the gameplay not special? Wasn't this the first boxing series to use that control scheme?

#14 Posted by mismajor99 (5657 posts) -
[QUOTE="mismajor99"]The only half decent arcade boxing game is Fight Night on consoles, which is not a great Boxing Game at all. The Graphics are the only thing worth noting, as the gameplay isn't anything special. I would not recommend buying a console for this game at all.Herrick

How is the gameplay not special? Wasn't this the first boxing series to use that control scheme?

I just didn't like it at all. I guess you can give them credit for trying something new, but it just felt awkward as all hell. I'm sure some people liked it.

#15 Posted by mottadude (119 posts) -
Riddick is NOT a boxing game, but while in Jail, he can do boxing matches for cigarettes and cash.. the action is top notch
#16 Posted by Herrick (4468 posts) -

I just didn't like it at all. I guess you can give them credit for trying something new, but it just felt awkward as all hell. I'm sure some people liked it.

mismajor99

Ok. I see what you mean.

#17 Posted by dnuggs40 (10484 posts) -

4D Boxing was the last good boxing game on the PC...sad isn't it?

Also, to the person who said there was not anything special about Fight Night...seriously? Fight Night is the absolute best and most realistic boxing game to ever grace video games. Also, regarding the control scheme, you know you can remap the buttons so you don't have to use the anolg sticks?

I am a huge boxing fan, and fight night is excellent (though I wish there were more fighter, and the career mode leaves something to be desired). It's a sad thing that the PC has ZERO! NADDA! NOTHING! for boxing games :(

#19 Posted by udispc (1 posts) -
New freeware boxing game downloadable from www.geocities.com/udispc
#20 Posted by Nitrous2O (1813 posts) -

New freeware boxing game downloadable from www.geocities.com/udispcudispc

I assume you worked on that game udispc? Haha, thanks for the effort man! :D The boxers seem too slow/sluggish, and are there any plans for multiplayer? Anyway, it's nice to see someone work on something the big publishers refuse to.